Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all the Ephemera customizations be tradable?

lightdragon64

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

No,

cosmetics behind high grind wall is fine according to me. 

Only 1 is actually behind a Grind wall. The rest are all RNG.

Hell, I've been a veteran player for some time now...but my friend who started a month ago already has 2 Ephemera while I have 0.
Yes, the salt is real. The salt is concentrated too.

I'd gladly grind to purchase them via a currency/token system. (Like the bleeding body from Arbitrations.).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Only 1 is actually behind a Grind wall. The rest are all RNG.

Hell, I've been a veteran player for some time now...but my friend who started a month ago already has 2 Ephemera while I have 0.
Yes, the salt is real. The salt is concentrated too.

I'd gladly grind to purchase them via a currency/token system. (Like the bleeding body from Arbitrations.).

Fair enough, 

Should have said I don't mind cosmetics behind high grinds and/or rare RNG rolls. 

Rot c arbitration - high grind (kinda?) and RNG roll,

Rot c eso - high grind (for anyone without Saryn) and RNG roll, 

Exploiter drop x2 - moderate grind for the thermia and RNG roll, 

Stalker - RNG roll, 

Blood ephemera - crappiest one and directly purchased after grind. 

I already have the electric one (and the blood one), the others are pretty lame except the smoke one. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

On 2019-03-25 at 2:36 AM, PerishedFraud said:

I like working for a nice fashionable reward, but if the work is just a massive RNG grind, why bother? If one orb gave 1 point and you needed 100 for an ephemera it'd be great, but right now I'd rather be a lazy player and buy one than work hard with zero guarantee of getting anything.

Very similar to rivens except less gamebreaking.

Where do you see a "massive grind"? I have done 10 orb fights total from which I got 1 ephemera that I will most likely never even craft. I do Arbitrations once in a while when I am absolutely bored and already have got ephemeras from those as well. They literally drop by playing the game. I f anything you will most likely get ephemeras while grinding for Adaptation or Hyldrin's systems sooner than those items mentioned.

I don't think they should, but I think their acquisition should be improved.

Currently it's all RNG - so it's not very skill based.

Again, the issue comes back to our endgame content pool atm. All of it is mostly just endless missions.

That's why bringing Raids back in some shape or form would be really good. I wouldn't think there specifically needs to be rotations for it, just create a pool of raids that endgame players can go through with new ones getting added every couple of months or so.

And in those kinds of missions ephemera should be drops reserved for the highest performing players - give challenges like "do in a certain time" or "don't die in this mission" to unlock the ultimate rewards for it. That'd give replay value for it and give high-end players something to strive for.

People want something because it's rare
Give ideas of how to make it obtainable with certainty
Everyone get it
It's no longer rare
Nobody cares about it anymore

A vicious cycle

I'm fine as they are, not only because I lucked out with Frost and Shock on my 1st 2 runs 😄 

Edited by Ver1dian

• 1 month later...

no maybe not tradeable but atleast increase the drop chance for them the 1% for blazing step and seeding step is just a sad sad joke I've done over 100 zone 8 runs on ESO the last 2 weeks alone and all I get is Relics Relics and more Relics Endo Endo and more endo which I have enough of both already plus the modes are boring and not fun at all both should have atleast a min of 15 to 20% drop chance as I'm about another few days away from deleting this game and not playing anymore the middle finger from DE has to stop

if they cant treat us any better then that and quit force feeding us to do 500,000 runs just to get it then im gonna give the double middle finger right back by uninstalling grindframe please DE for the love of god buff the drop chances or your gonna lose yet another long time vet thank you

Edited by (PS4)ChiefsKingdom54