Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + ephemera suggestions

HatedByLifeItself

Hello, 

So we got the new Elite weekly challenges and the weekly challenges, and as i was doing them with random "friends", we realized that new players could simply not do those challenges, same happened last week with that profit taker "friend" challenge. So here is my honest opinion :

-Nightwave is better than alerts for higher MR players, because we stopped doing alerts.

-Nightwave is worst for new players, because the wolf credits gained are low. I am rank 21 with 250 wolf creds, considering that i would say new players are maybe around rank 12 ? 18 at max if they got carried ? what can they buy with those ? before we could get around 4 nitains a day now it is 15 nitain for more than 1 week of grinding.

-Nightwave challenges suck : who wants to add a false "friend" to do 40 waves of defense ? I don't mind if DE wants us to play the game but god make it enjoyable, some people like endurance runs... and some don't, what a surprise right ? I like doing missions fast, defense is boring as hell + i need to add a friend to do it ? bad challenge. We saw other bad challenges that do not let us play the game till now.... like that "socket 5 ayatans" , because of that i cannot use my sculptures because i don't know when that challenge will come back so... i have to wait i guess or farm endo, but why farm endo when i have sculptures that i can use ? Also the new " do 3 waves of index without enemy scoring 1 point" let's be real here , you put it in Elite weekly but we all gonna do the low risk one because it is faster. "Complete 5 scans for simaris" why ? is this a "challenge" ? " catch 6 rare fish in poe" again ? I think DE is out of ideas at this point but they can make the system so much better.

Suggestion : first, make challenges depending on MR, for example MR1-6 people have different Elite Weekly challenges, like "kill 10 grineer in 4s" or something like that, imagine a new player coming in to play the game and seeing "Do profit taker with a friend or a clan mate" and be like " I have no friends, what is a clan anyway? what is profit taker ? " I think challenges should be adjusted depending on the time you spent on the game and each MR tier have different challenges (idk something like MR1-6 get this, 7-12 another weekly etc..) , i don't even know why they did not put it like that in the first place. Some people may say "Elite Weekly challenges are meant to be for us , veterans who play since long ago" well, no, if you have all weapons in game and you are MR27 that does not make you a veteran you just have lot of weapons and gear, maybe you played a lot and have game knowledge but Elite Weekly challenges for me are supposed to be hard challenges that reward the player for doing them, actually a challenge and not something locked behind time spent playing the game. New players simply cannot enjoy the game if they feel like everything is locked behind time spent playing and this is the truth, lot of new players i see in pubs ask "how to get nitain" and i say " You gotta complete nightwave challenges or have less than 5% chance to get them from sabotages when you find all 3 caches" , and they say " oh well, i guess i cannot do that" or "i wish alerts came back". DE needs to make the challenges accessible for all tiers of playing, make extremely hard challenges for veteran players and moderate hard for new players.

Personally i can complete all challenges but they are so boring, sometimes i even fall asleep specially those long runs that serve no purpose, you just gotta do it because DE said so. This is mainly directed to changes for new player experience coming in to warframe.

Oh also DE, if you read this, please make ephemera color and energy color independent, and let us use body ephemeras and step ephemeras at the same time, because after getting the smoke ephemera i have no purpose of farming others... because for me it is the coolest, i thought of using shocking step with it too but you cannot use both at same time , so... yeah. Long text, hope you did not fall asleep reading it, and if you did, Thanks and GL HF!

The most annoying thing to me is the constant nudging.. nay.. PUSHING of players into the Plains of Grindelon.  Mining and FISHING Nightwave challenges every single week.  

Look, after I tried this game for a few days, I gave DE some money cuz I was enjoying being a "kick-a$$ space ninja destroying swaths of bad guys while parkour-ing like a mofo". I wasn't aware I'd eventually HAVE TO "sit by a lake and throw in this bait you had to grind for, so you can catch a fish that will let you grind for more stuff, which by the way, will take a ton of time that could have been spent killing bad guys and having actual fun"  Fishing is not fun. Mining is not fun.  But Focus and Operators do have undeniable benefits, so I put up with it just barely enough to get a non-crappy amp, and I thought I'd be done with it.

Then Nightwave comes along, and not only do you have to fish and/or mine every single week, you have to have enough standing to do things like.. kill Profit Taker, or buy bait for the rare fish.  If your standing is too low to access these things, the daily standing limits will prevent you from even being able to complete the challenge before it expires. 

I'm so glad that before they killed alerts, I grabbed just about every cosmetic helm there is. 
Think about the difference in time and effort:
Alerts - do a stupidly easy mission and get your helmet/potato/nitain. 
Nightwave - jump through a bunch of hoops and play game modes in which you have zero interest to gain enough points to get what you need.  Then, by the way, consider using wolf creds on a helmet but then realize that's a terrible investment compared to a potato or nitain, and therefore never spend your creds on a cosmetic whose acquisition was once as simple as a 3 minute, one-off mission.

Its just a bunch of low rank MR players pretending to be "bored" with the challenges when In fact they can't do the elite ones because they are not far enough in the game, suck it up buttercup and do the main content first before dipping your toes into the Nightwave elite challenges, breaking the reward pools just makes more needless work, you have enough to get by just keep doing the non elite challenges, DE made it so if you don't ignore them during the season you should have enough rank to get everything.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Knight_Ex a dit :

Its just a bunch of low rank MR players pretending to be "bored" with the challenges when In fact they can't do the elite ones because they are not far enough in the game, suck it up buttercup and do the main content first before dipping your toes into the Nightwave elite challenges, breaking the reward pools just makes more needless work, you have enough to get by just keep doing the non elite challenges, DE made it so if you don't ignore them during the season you should have enough rank to get everything.

Hum, even MR27 players can be bored while doing 1 hour kuva, or 40 waves of defense (Brozime for exemple, or gaz ttv) . For me you are just the guy pretending to be that "veteran" player who can take on any content, if you like long runs then by all means go do them, but you should not say that if someone does not like long runs it is because he is 1 low mr or 2 does not have good loadouts because that is totally wrong. Also your message shows that you are just the guy that follows all what DE puts on the game and you are not trying to improve the overall player experience of the game, and Elite challenges should be hard----- not long, you are mistaking length for difficulty, which happens only if you ever did 3h+ survivals with lvl 300+ enemies ( which i bet you did not) also, i may be low MR (19) but i can completely take on any content of the game without even trying hard. So with that just keep doing what you do and realize that what you said is totally wrong.

Edit : also you said that if you do not complete Elite Weekly you still get max rank, even if this is true ( they said about 60% of challenges) they also said that you get extra rewards for going beyond the rank 30 limit, so some people actually wanna get more credits and rewards after completing the Elite challenges, i see you forgot that because you so high MR that you do not need anything from that right ? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Edited by HatedByLifeItself

18 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Hum, even MR27 players can be bored while doing 1 hour kuva, or 40 waves of defense (Brozime for exemple, or gaz ttv) . For me you are just the guy pretending to be that "veteran" player who can take on any content, if you like long runs then by all means go do them, but you should not say that if someone does not like long runs it is because he is 1 low mr or 2 does not have good loadouts because that is totally wrong. Also your message shows that you are just the guy that follows all what DE puts on the game and you are not trying to improve the overall player experience of the game, and Elite challenges should be hard----- not long, you are mistaking length for difficulty, which happens only if you ever did 3h+ survivals with lvl 300+ enemies ( which i bet you did not) also, i may be low MR (19) but i can completely take on any content of the game without even trying hard. So with that just keep doing what you do and realize that what you said is totally wrong.

Edit : also you said that if you do not complete Elite Weekly you still get max rank, even if this is true ( they said about 60% of challenges) they also said that you get extra rewards for going beyond the rank 30 limit, so some people actually wanna get more credits and rewards after completing the Elite challenges, i see you forgot that because you so high MR that you do not need anything from that right ? 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

3hr survivals? please, 5 hrs or GTFO here with that causal crap, you think ash prime systems would drop on the first 20 min rotation? pfft, as for the challenges, you can get bored or you can make them interesting, if you are a "high" MR like you are trying to lead on, DE also stated that if you did 60% of the challenges you can get all the rewards, that equals to about all the dailies, weekly's and maybe a few elites, honestly they aren't that hard, someone on reddit did the math, not even counting catching the 3 prisoners and boosters, Warframe isn't about difficulty, its about enjoyment, like a Dynasty Warriors type game where you just mow down hoards of enemies like a super hero on crack, and lastly if your complaining about how other players are feeling why are you even bothering making this post? Are you really complaining for Lower ranked players and using that as some kind of foothold to put emphasis on the point you're trying to put across?

19 hours ago, Knight_Ex said:

But that’s all backwards. The prestige awards are just wolf credits which only the new players need but can’t reach.

Vets will get tons of wolf creds but already have everything you can buy with them.

new players, who have lost the alert system, get limited creds to buy the things they need.

night wave isn’t bad in and of itself but it is, currently, a bad replacement for alerts.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Knight_Ex a dit :

3hr survivals? please, 5 hrs or GTFO here with that causal crap, you think ash prime systems would drop on the first 20 min rotation? pfft, as for the challenges, you can get bored or you can make them interesting, if you are a "high" MR like you are trying to lead on, DE also stated that if you did 60% of the challenges you can get all the rewards, that equals to about all the dailies, weekly's and maybe a few elites, honestly they aren't that hard, someone on reddit did the math, not even counting catching the 3 prisoners and boosters, Warframe isn't about difficulty, its about enjoyment, like a Dynasty Warriors type game where you just mow down hoards of enemies like a super hero on crack, and lastly if your complaining about how other players are feeling why are you even bothering making this post? Are you really complaining for Lower ranked players and using that as some kind of foothold to put emphasis on the point you're trying to put across?

Are you sane ? I said that i wanted to extra rewards for going past lvl 30 , and of course you get a lot more by doing the Elite missions, and why would i not tell DE my opinion about the new player experience ? You are basically saying that DE is always right, no matter what they do and that us as a community should keep saying "yes, DE good job", listen DE is not god , they make mistakes and i just felt like giving my opinion to improve the system, but seems like you are so narrow minded to not even get that ... Warframe is not the only game out here, and if they wanna step up they need to make players come to play their game, as a new player if i come now and see that i have to complete 1 hour survivals or 40 waves of defense i would just quit the game, not forgetting that profit taker challenge. I don't think DE wants to lose any players, but you are not getting that, you are talking for you and only you, the world does not turn around you sir, i wanted to talk about the new player experience so what ? That makes me less credible ? As i said i have no problem with doing any of the challenges of any type, i am just here suggesting some things that could be improved, but oh sorry because DE is the perfect game producer out here right ? They never make mistakes, and we should all say GJ DE, if you are that type of guy that never gives constructive criticism then you are bad for the improvement of the game, period. Also there is no point to being negative about irrelevant things, like staying that if you are one of the 20 minute community is a bad thing. Have a nice day 🙂 

il y a 6 minutes, (PS4)obsidiancurse a dit :

But that’s all backwards. The prestige awards are just wolf credits which only the new players need but can’t reach.

Vets will get tons of wolf creds but already have everything you can buy with them.

new players, who have lost the alert system, get limited creds to buy the things they need.

night wave isn’t bad in and of itself but it is, currently, a bad replacement for alerts.

Thank god someone understood what i meant, i thought i was the one being wrong about all what i said because lot of people came to me with negative opinions about what i said, thanks for your opinion 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Are you sane ? I said that i wanted to extra rewards for going past lvl 30 , and of course you get a lot more by doing the Elite missions, and why would i not tell DE my opinion about the new player experience ? You are basically saying that DE is always right, no matter what they do and that us as a community should keep saying "yes, DE good job", listen DE is not god , they make mistakes and i just felt like giving my opinion to improve the system, but seems like you are so narrow minded to not even get that ... Warframe is not the only game out here, and if they wanna step up they need to make players come to play their game, as a new player if i come now and see that i have to complete 1 hour survivals or 40 waves of defense i would just quit the game, not forgetting that profit taker challenge. I don't think DE wants to lose any players, but you are not getting that, you are talking for you and only you, the world does not turn around you sir, i wanted to talk about the new player experience so what ? That makes me less credible ? As i said i have no problem with doing any of the challenges of any type, i am just here suggesting some things that could be improved, but oh sorry because DE is the perfect game producer out here right ? They never make mistakes, and we should all say GJ DE, if you are that type of guy that never gives constructive criticism then you are bad for the improvement of the game, period. Also there is no point to being negative about irrelevant things, like staying that if you are one of the 20 minute community is a bad thing. Have a nice day 🙂 

And your trying to use the excuse "Low level MR players are having an issue" as a platform to sell your idea, man up or get out, simple as that, if you can't do the challenges then thats fine, stop trying to get them gimped for other players that are actually enjoying them, and don't try and convince me your one of those people that aren't thinking of themselves, and not once have I said that DE were perfect, you just seem to like rambling on for trying to get a point across that I doubt anyone cares about. I will agree though, rewards need to go past the R30 mark as Im already rank 20 and will need more soon.

il y a 20 minutes, Knight_Ex a dit :

And your trying to use the excuse "Low level MR players are having an issue" as a platform to sell your idea, man up or get out, simple as that, if you can't do the challenges then thats fine, stop trying to get them gimped for other players that are actually enjoying them, and don't try and convince me your one of those people that aren't thinking of themselves, and not once have I said that DE were perfect, you just seem to like rambling on for trying to get a point across that I doubt anyone cares about. I will agree though, rewards need to go past the R30 mark as Im already rank 20 and will need more soon.

First : i do all challenges, i am rank 23 and did not even finish all weekly challenges, so i think that proves that i am doing all challenges and even more.

Second : go create a new account, and try to enjoy the game, if you can then i will remove my account and never play warframe again, thanks.