Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atmo Systems drop is bugged

64m3r

Question

So i just did 50 runs of Mission 2 in Vox Solaris.

50 runs. 0 Atmo drops. And im not the only one. I've asked my clan and random people in public squad.

Everyone saying they've either done 20, 40, 50 some even 100 and have given up.

If these numbers are "normal" for 1 Atmo drop then im the Easter Bunny

Edit: since it's obvious DE are ignoring this.

Stop replying to my post and make your own.

From now on, anyone who has an issue with Atmo, make a new topic.

If DE won't notice mine, maybe 1000 new topics will get their attention.

Protest via spam

Edited by 64m3r
  • Like 5

I thought it was clear, that because there's no quest for baruuk, and they wanted to stall for time, they created a grind wall. I can't blame them for trying to increase play time to access content.

His parts are on the other side of rank 3. And despite the drop tables said to be identical for all four missions' rewards, they're not. Kind of like Cetus bounties. Try stages 3 and 4 for Atmo Systems.

Plus, DE is aware that number two is a very fast to complete bounty. Which is why its rewards may have been tweaked.

The drop problem is always server side, like it was with the Eidolon Arcanes

Imho, there are multiple drops that are currently bugged, from Orb Vallys rewards of any bounties (around 300 Profit phase bounties and only 1 rare archgun mod drop in my experience) to the Arbitrations, to the Wolf Of Saturn Six spawn rate

I highly suggest that, in the sake of transparency, DE at least monthly verifies/tests/simulates the server randomizer to check if the results are in line with the drop tables

In my opinion, they should change these to all be common drops, and instead make them exclusive to specific tier bounties. Have bounty 1 drop Gyromag as a common drop, bounty 2 drop Atmo as a common drop, and bounty 3 drop Repeller as a common drop.

2 hours ago, Xixott said:

10% overall, or 10% of the tier it's in? That makes a huge difference in terms of drop rates.

I'm willing to bet it's a percentage of a percentage.

Compared to current circumstances, a 1-in-10 chance would feel like you were drowning in them. You wouldn't know what to do with all those atmos if it was a flat 10% chance. You'd be using them to decorate your ship, or burning them to light your cigars.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

54 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I'm willing to bet it's a percentage of a percentage.

Compared to current circumstances, a 1-in-10 chance would feel like you were drowning in them. You wouldn't know what to do with all those atmos if it was a flat 10% chance. You'd be using them to decorate your ship, or burning them to light your cigars.

That's my assumption too, it is probably a 10% chance AFTER the roll on the uncommon reward table, which might supposed to be 10% and then an equal split between the rewards there. That would make them super rare as a reward but on a quick glance they'd think nothing is wrong unless they check how the overall calculations on those reward tables are done.

Just now, Dark__Thoughts said:

That's my assumption too, it is probably a 10% chance AFTER the roll on the uncommon reward table, which might supposed to be 10% and then an equal split between the rewards there. That would make them super rare as a reward but on a quick glance they'd think nothing is wrong unless they check how the overall calculations on those reward tables are done.

As someone mentioned upthread, there may even be some by-hand adjustments to account for, say, how quickly you can do Heist 2. Making it even more rare. I don't know if DE would do that, but who knows?

4 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I got atmos in back to back runs, and then there was nothing for a long time before my third drop. 

I wonder if there's a platform difference there, too?

To be fair, I just opened up that part of the game and haven't tried much since then; that's literally all of the play time I have there outside of failing gloriously at Phase 4 a few times.  I didn't mean to imply it was the norm, though it kinda came off that way.

Edited by (XB1)behem0th x

1) It's 10% flat for that specific item. But... since there are other items in the same Tier... that means RNG has to roll twice.
So it's a slot machine, inside a slot machine.

2) If they did a "silent" nerf on the drops from Mission 2, i would expect Steve to say so. It's not his MO to lie shamelessly.

3) Of course there's a platform difference. PC always gets the "experimental" version of warframe. It's why there's a huge difference in "WTF" posts and screenshots between platforms.

Whatever the case is, i do hope this isn't permanent. Adding a wall on progression like this is just... well disappointing is one word for it.

7 hours ago, 64m3r said:

2) If they did a "silent" nerf on the drops from Mission 2, i would expect Steve to say so. It's not his MO to lie shamelessly

Its his best quality. :) 

7 hours ago, 64m3r said:

1) It's 10% flat for that specific item. But... since there are other items in the same Tier... that means RNG has to roll twice.
So it's a slot machine, inside a slot machine

I have the same theory.... hence why I recommended people do Phase 4 instead of Phase 2.... theres one less Item in the reward tier thatz going hog attention away from the Atmo Systems.

21 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I have the same theory.... hence why I recommended people do Phase 4 instead of Phase 2.... theres one less Item in the reward tier thatz going hog attention away from the Atmo Systems.

Except mission 4 is a nightmare.

I'd rather chew glass while drinking acid

2 hours ago, 64m3r said:

Except mission 4 is a nightmare.

I'd rather chew glass while drinking acid

I agree.... whether you do it solo or in a group you're gonna screwed either by Excessive Swarming or Laggy Conections....

That being said... consider your options... you can do Phase 2 which easy but the Atmo Systems Never drops or suffer through the hellish nightmare of Phase 4 where maybe the Atmo Systems might drop.... or maybe not.... Itz RNG... literally anything can happen.

The only thing thats guataneed is you're going to get screwed by something. 

4 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Phase 4 is horrendous, but lets not kid ourselves thinking that 2 is really any better - it's just shorter.

They all feature an absolute ridiculous amount of damage and knockback.

If you have one of the Invisible Frames you can stealth this Entire Phase.... with Octavia its both Fast and Very Low Effort... all you need is a one shot weapon... I used my Eidolon Hunting Lanka but Tigris Prime works too.... you just Need more damage up front the Terra Ambulas.

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

If you have one of the Invisible Frames you can stealth this Entire Phase.... with Octavia its both Fast and Very Low Effort... all you need is a one shot weapon... I used my Eidolon Hunting Lanka but Tigris Prime works too.... you just Need more damage up front the Terra Ambulas.

You sure? 

I tried stealth in the Vallis and a lot of enemies straight up ignored that - especially the raknoids were completely murdering the absolute crap out of me.

Just now, Dark__Thoughts said:

You sure? 

I tried stealth in the Vallis and a lot of enemies straight up ignored that - especially the raknoids were completely murdering the absolute crap out of me.

Raknoids ? :O I never saw a single ons in Phase 2

And yeah I didn't have Magus Repair at the time and my chroma was starting to Bore me so I did the majority of my Phase 2 Runs with Octavia and Naramon Focus School.... seriously the process of getting in and out of arch wing was so annoying that I just decided to do the whole thing on foot.... 3 Minutez per run...

I modded my Octavia for Duration and sprint speed and replaced... Serratrion on my Lanka with Amalgam Serration for more speed.

What Pet did you bring with you ? Maybe he/she was Agrroing the enemies. 

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Raknoids ? 😮 I never saw a single ons in Phase 2

And yeah I didn't have Magus Repair at the time and my chroma was starting to Bore me so I did the majority of my Phase 2 Runs with Octavia and Naramon Focus School.... seriously the process of getting in and out of arch wing was so annoying that I just decided to do the whole thing on foot.... 3 Minutez per run...

I modded my Octavia for Duration and sprint speed and replaced... Serratrion on my Lanka with Amalgam Serration for more speed.

What Pet did you bring with you ? Maybe he/she was Agrroing the enemies. 

Well, I only did it with Chroma so far and the alert level goes up like crazy, then you get swarmed by those dudes who chain charge knock you the #*!% out and raknoids (when outside). It seems different to when you're farming toroids but that might be because of the level scaling of the bounty.

Not sure what you want with Magus Repair, if you want self heal then go with Magus Elevate.

Amalgam Serration is on all my "rifles", unfortunately there's no point blank alternative for shotguns.

Pets on when they've seen me in stealth? Probably Helios without a weapon & attack mod. I don't really use them for combat especially not on my stealth loadouts.

5 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Well, I only did it with Chroma so far and the alert level goes up like crazy, then you get swarmed by those dudes who chain charge knock you the #*!% out

Terra Trench Men.... seriously... #*!% those guys !!! 

6 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

and raknoids (when outside). It seems different to when you're farming toroids but that might be because of the level scaling of the bounty.

Actually when I farm toroids its bordwrline Random... maybe the raknoids will come.... maybe they wont.

8 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Not sure what you want with Magus Repair, if you want self heal then go with Magus Elevate.

Have you tried to Heal Inaros with Magus Elevate ?

In any case Repair is useful during Tridolons because I can use to procet the frames who need to perform their roles, Specifically Chroma since he's the one whos going to get the Eidolon to stop moving once the shields go down... Trinity is so god damn squishy I litterally can not save her with this Arcane.... I might need to stack two of them.

11 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Amalgam Serration is on all my "rifles", unfortunately there's no point blank alternative for shotguns

You know !!! 😞

12 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Pets on when they've seen me in stealth? Probably Helios without a weapon & attack mod. I don't really use them for combat especially not on my stealth loadouts

Oh... good.... my Kitty sometimes ruins my stealth if theres a tiny hicc up.

12 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Have you tried to Heal Inaros with Magus Elevate ?

No, because I don't use him there (especially since I don't have a proper Grace). Inaros is a health tank but has by comparison not the highest armor values. If you compare that to Valkyr, Gara, Nezha or Chroma it makes more sense because you can heal up decently and don't eat absurd amount of damage because of the strong damage reduction. In any case it is still too much damage imo, you can handle it somewhat but it is just not fun and not adding to the difficulty either - the entire profit taker bounties are just badly designed and need a rework.

15 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Oh... good.... my Kitty sometimes ruins my stealth if theres a tiny hicc up.

Which is why I don't use the pets much. You can't control them, they do stupid S#&$ and need baby sitting - in case of the smeeta all for a RNG buff that maybe every couple months gives you something nice but ultimately doesn't mean much. I'll have to try the changes to Retreive at some point though.

2 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

If you compare that to Valkyr, Gara, Nezha or Chroma it makes more sense because you can heal up decently and don't eat absurd amount of damage because of the strong damage reduction

That depends on if it works... think of it this way... Magus Repair is guaranteed to heal all warframes in 5 Seconds guaranteed and leaves you with with One free Arcane slot to use on whatever you want. Magus Repair is a gamble and you need to occupy both Arcane Slots for it to be worth it because of RNG. Magus Repair's only downside is what you have to do to get it... Other than that it's the best warframe healing magus arcane.

14 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That depends on if it works... think of it this way... Magus Repair is guaranteed to heal all warframes in 5 Seconds guaranteed and leaves you with with One free Arcane slot to use on whatever you want. Magus Repair is a gamble and you need to occupy both Arcane Slots for it to be worth it because of RNG. Magus Repair's only downside is what you have to do to get it... Other than that it's the best warframe healing magus arcane.

Depends on the situation I guess, 4+ seconds for it is pretty long and I'm not even sure I can see the health of my frame when in operator mode. Doesn't matter too much anyway though because I cannot get the 10 atmo systems to get past the third rank ...

2 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Depends on the situation I guess, 4+ seconds for it is pretty long and I'm not even sure I can see the health of my frame when in operator mode

LoL.... thats exactly my point. Magus Elevate can take longer than 4 Seconds to work because of its RNG and Lag. Also you can see your health during transfer when certain abilities are active. You can still see it if the bar is grey but its basically invisible.  Not that it matters with Magus Elevate because it only works on Transfer In.

6 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

Doesn't matter too much anyway though because I cannot get the 10 atmo systems to get past the third rank ...

Oof... 😞

Mission 2 literally takes 2min

From exiting the elevator to going back. I use Mesa. 2sec per exec then i rush the Ambulas and teleport with itzal to extract.

2min solo. 2-3 with a group. Just use Mesa, she can literally cheese 99% of the game. If you're stuck in a knockdown loop, just kill yourself and revive. You get 10sec of invincibility.

Edited by 64m3r