Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

64m3r

Atmo Systems drop is bugged

Question

So i just did 50 runs of Mission 2 in Vox Solaris.

50 runs. 0 Atmo drops. And im not the only one. I've asked my clan and random people in public squad.

Everyone saying they've either done 20, 40, 50 some even 100 and have given up.

If these numbers are "normal" for 1 Atmo drop then im the Easter Bunny

Edit: since it's obvious DE are ignoring this.

Stop replying to my post and make your own.

From now on, anyone who has an issue with Atmo, make a new topic.

If DE won't notice mine, maybe 1000 new topics will get their attention.

Protest via spam

I have a friend from europe who got over 20 of them this weekend alone....

So yeah its bugged.... bugged in the strangest way possible.

2 hours ago, Xixott said:

10% overall, or 10% of the tier it's in? That makes a huge difference in terms of drop rates.

I'm willing to bet it's a percentage of a percentage.

Compared to current circumstances, a 1-in-10 chance would feel like you were drowning in them. You wouldn't know what to do with all those atmos if it was a flat 10% chance. You'd be using them to decorate your ship, or burning them to light your cigars.

6 hours ago, 64m3r said:

Bad news:
The Atmo drop chance is legit 10%. Steve checked. And their data shows 10%

LIES !!!

Seriously though... what sort of Alforithm are they using for this thing ? Having the same issue getting vigilante supplies to drop.

6 hours ago, 64m3r said:

Good news:
He said he's going to look into this since a lot of players are having the same issue.
Now what that means, i have no idea. It might get a buff to 20%. It might be upped to Hand+
Or they might find some other bug that's stopping it from dropping.
TL DR; It's not being ignored. Which is all i asked for.

I bet they won't find anything.... its probably working as intended....

The drop problem is always server side, like it was with the Eidolon Arcanes

Imho, there are multiple drops that are currently bugged, from Orb Vallys rewards of any bounties (around 300 Profit phase bounties and only 1 rare archgun mod drop in my experience) to the Arbitrations, to the Wolf Of Saturn Six spawn rate

I highly suggest that, in the sake of transparency, DE at least monthly verifies/tests/simulates the server randomizer to check if the results are in line with the drop tables

10 hours ago, warframe.ronnie said:

Players who have gotten their drops "on curve" i.e. the ones who sit comfortably in the average range of RNG would feel no need to come here and vent their frustrations. So everything you read here will contribute toward your own bias that the drop rate is bugged.

Whether it's bugged or not the issue.... The real issue is DE design and setup these drop rates knowing its going to frustrate players.... which means by default any complaints are obviously going to go ignored because they fully expected this to be the case. 

This is something that just pisses me off that any developer would just allow this to happen to any of its players... at least if I got screwed over in other games its a genuine and honest mistake from the developers... theres no il intent... in Warframe frustration part of the experience. 

. I was frustrated at the drop rate for about two days when I was eager to rank up back then

LoL... just two days ? 

Yeah then you definitely don't get the issue here.... the problem for me was it didn't drop for 3 Weeks.... and for my friend it didn't drop for a month.... and who knows how long its been for OP.

two days is nothing.... I definitely wouldn't have made a thread for just two days....

I'm always in favour of upping the drop rate but only when it's abysmal, it makes the game feel less hostile towards the players. But, frankly, 10% really seems fairly generous. Besides, these drops are checked and given out server-side and what are the chances that your client/account is incapable of receiving one because it's apparently "bugged". 

Upping the drop rate just isn't going to cut it... what they should do is force it to drop after a specific number of runs... or better yet... allow you to use that standing that's been stuck at max cap to buy the damn thing...

I don't want the RNG to be altered. I want the RNG To be bypassed.

Bumping for visibility. At this point I’m not sure I even want to level up further in Vox Solaris.  

Still broken after 63 runs 0 drops 

game broke on the 64th try. GG im done

tons of resolute focuses though......

I eventually had atmo systems drop as reward for orb bounty 2. With a well coordinated team you can nail that bounty in under 90 seconds not counting loading time.

Mission 2 literally takes 2min

From exiting the elevator to going back. I use Mesa. 2sec per exec then i rush the Ambulas and teleport with itzal to extract.

2min solo. 2-3 with a group. Just use Mesa, she can literally cheese 99% of the game. If you're stuck in a knockdown loop, just kill yourself and revive. You get 10sec of invincibility.

29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

What ? 

How ? 

Yeah im pretty sure he used to drop some or it was bounty reward actually? Dont remember but i swear we switched from bounty 2 to farm him for atmo systems (or it was different sheet? My brain better forgot that "fun times" i had farming it haha).

2 minutes ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

If you compare that to Valkyr, Gara, Nezha or Chroma it makes more sense because you can heal up decently and don't eat absurd amount of damage because of the strong damage reduction

That depends on if it works... think of it this way... Magus Repair is guaranteed to heal all warframes in 5 Seconds guaranteed and leaves you with with One free Arcane slot to use on whatever you want. Magus Repair is a gamble and you need to occupy both Arcane Slots for it to be worth it because of RNG. Magus Repair's only downside is what you have to do to get it... Other than that it's the best warframe healing magus arcane.

10% overall, or 10% of the tier it's in? That makes a huge difference in terms of drop rates.

Just now, 64m3r said:

Mission 2 literally takes 2min

From exiting the elevator to going back. I use Mesa. 2sec per exec then i rush the Ambulas and teleport with itzal to extract.

2min solo. 2-3 with a group. Just Mesa, she can literally cheese 99% of the game. If you're stuck in a knockdown loop, just kill yourself and revive. You get 10sec of invincibility.

Ah yes, cheesing the game excuses DE for designing such bullS#&$.

On 2019-05-20 at 8:45 PM, warframe.ronnie said:

Who said this and why are you attacking me for it.

EDIT: Also did Steve clarify the "irregular"? Does he mean that the drop rate is not regular as in rare. Or does it mean that the drop rate data is not normal.

I didn't read the 3 pages before this. Is this thread still about the drop rate actually being bugged like the title suggest or is it now a discussion about the drop rate not being high enough.

I said this. It's literally the first post on this topic. You didn't bother reading anything and you expect a honest discussion? 

Steve said the drop rate code reads 10%

Not the data. The drops per player are irregular and erratic 

On 2019-03-25 at 11:47 PM, SteveCutler said:

I agree. I know it's RNG, but the drop chances really do seem bugged. Atmo is supposed to be the uncommon drop, while Repeller is the rare drop - yet I have hundreds of Gyromag and Repeller parts, and zero Atmo parts! I've also heard so many other people complaining about Atmo being impossible to get. I genuinely do think it's bugged in some way.

Ive done phase 2 like 30 times already.. 0 atmos. I mean what the hell.. it all started when i wanted the new certus amp part.. ofc i cant get it unless im Rank5 solaris. Infinite grinding to get there + farming toroids for a long time. Finally, im able to rank up in vox... but ofc.. NOPE.. those effin atmos are impossible to get.. im done .. not farming this sh1t anymore.

So doing the painful 4th stage is the only way?

Well... Im gonna go buy 10 spare keyboards and some paint for my wall to prepare for grinding mission 4.

On 2019-05-16 at 2:11 AM, WorldLiberation said:

I am done

I give up at this point

I dont blame you. Same here.

I'm sure this problem is a annoying issue. When i try upgrading my tiers to level 3 on Vox Solaris, it needs 10 atmo systems, but when i runs to framing it in a week and each day run about 10-15 times on phase 2 and NO ONE atmo system dropped, but other systems is normally dropped, totally run times same as @64m3r or more. I'm so despair about this... and given up now and never become tiers 3.

Hope DE official can check the rates again if it is unusual, thanks!

I'm gonna agree with what Desche said, as my entire time farming, it felt like just that. listed 10%, drops like 1%  of the time. agonizing. and also, they need to remove the relics from the table completely, or otherwise make them drop recent unvault/release relics.

It took me like 20 tries to get each of them that's like 60 runs forgive me if I'm being stupid but that's an absurd amount of farming especial for only 8 drops and they're supposed to be uncommon items.

I even stopped playing the game entirely just because of this. There's no point in wasting any more of my precious time for something that is so hard to get, it makes no sense whatsoever.

I just did Phase 2 ~8 times and got 8 atmo systems, no bugs for me, just RNG.

8BoHcWI.png

Im doing 10 more runs.

If no Atmo drops. Im deleting my account

The recent patches/hotfixes must of broken it, I was able to farm them when profit taker bounties were initially released, now however there seems to be an issue.