Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[SPOILER] Remove the 'hey kiddo' NPC from Orbiter

NannersPrime

Hi,

I've been adviced by the support that the forum is the best place to make dev team aware of such issue. So I came whole heartly requesting to remove the NPC that appears in the orbiter who greets with ''hey kiddo" at random times.

The first thing I do when I load into the game everyday and whenever I come back from a mission, I always look behind immediately anticipate there will be something sitting on the market/quest desk or hear some voice somewhere. It's driving me mental.

I know it's a part of a story/quest, but it seems more like a prank now after I' have finished the story for a long time. It spookes me and nearly give me a heart attack when he appears (and it happened just now again). The errie sound in the orbiter combined with this sudden appearance is starting to affect me wanting to log in.

Please... please remove this (or have an option to disable it) if the player has finished the quest!

• Like 6

Hi,

I've been adviced by the support that the forum is the best place to make dev team aware of such issue. So I came whole heartly requesting to remove the NPC that appears in the orbiter who greets with ''hey kiddo" at random times.

The first thing I do when I load into the game everyday and whenever I come back from a mission, I always look behind immediately anticipate there will be something sitting on the market/quest desk or hear some voice somewhere. It's driving me mental.

I know it's a part of a story/quest, but it seems more like a prank now after I' have finished the story for a long time. It spookes me and nearly give me a heart attack when he appears (and it happened just now again). The errie sound in the orbiter combined with this sudden appearance is starting to affect me wanting to log in.

Please... please remove this (or have an option to disable it) if the player has finished the quest! 

• Like 2

This has to be sarcasm...

The Void Demon barely scares you, it literally looks like your Operator, most of the times you walk past him and thats it, at this point whit Lotus, Nora and Ordis talking like mad lads on the ship one more voice saying "Hey Kiddo" doesn't even phase me anymore, I actually anticipate its visit so that it says the rare voice line.

If you are scared by this, then you clearly arent old en ought to play the game, specially wen the "Jump Scare" isn't even a Jump Scare, its just an idle NPC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

This has to be sarcasm...

The Void Demon barely scares you, it literally looks like your Operator, most of the times you walk past him and thats it, at this point whit Lotus, Nora and Ordis talking like mad lads on the ship one more voice saying "Hey Kiddo" doesn't even phase me anymore, I actually anticipate its visit so that it says the rare voice line.

If you are scared by this, then you clearly arent old en ought to play the game, specially wen the "Jump Scare" isn't even a Jump Scare, its just an idle NPC.

To be honest my operator scares me as well

• Like 3

Dude.  You're a nigh invulnerable space wizard with an arsenal sufficient to depopulate entire contents, and a history of mass murder., and you're being frightened by something saying "Hi".  Something which you know full well was restrained to the point of irrelevance for centuries by an autistic kid space wizard.

I think you'll be OK.

• Like 1

Lol this. I got used to it but there are just times when you WILL get spooked. It's like that one time I was going to my arsenal and he was freaking peeking from the side and it spooked the sht outta me. They should just make it that if you put the trinket (from iron wake on earth) on your ship, he stops spawning.

2 hours ago, nanomidgy said:

But have we finished it though?  I assumed we are slowly going crazy or the-man-in-the-wall is still out there.

When I caught him hanging from the ceiling, that's the one that wigged me out.  If you haven't gotten that one, yeah, you should probably stop playing for a while, we'll tell you when it's safe!

5 hours ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

To be fair, it is an effective scare, especially with headphones on. I've seen the "Kiddo" enough times now that I know what to expect, but that presentation still manages to send a shiver down my spine every so often. I'd argue that just means it's effective, though. It's a good reminder that we're still #*!%ed in the head, if you'll pardon my English, and that the Man in the Wall is (hopefully) a real thing that'll turn up at some point. Truth be told, that's probably the most interesting, most high-concept angle of the entire fictional setting for me.

• Like 1

Remove him?! Oh' no, I vote for give him more lines instead, maybe even some idle animations so he dosen't just stand/sit there waiting for you to turn around so he can disappear (or get bored of waiting for it and just fade from existence).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nanomidgy said:

or have an option to disable it

Yes, make this an option. Some that want to have it, can keep this enabled. Currently, limited to these:

1. Relay navigation or Dojo observatory for navigation. After mission, returned back to relay or dojo. But, foundry, relic refinements, market, daily tribute, and some quests requires going back to Orbiter. "Key kiddo" only shows up in Orbiter. If we can fully avoid orbiter, then we can avoid random "Key kiddo".

2. Game option, sound, reduce voice volume to zero. This won't make it go away, but should silence it. Sadly, this will silence all kinds of voices as well.

• Like 1