Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Interesting. One of the Elite Nightwave challenges just got replaced.

KnossosTNC

Anyone else getting this? The 40 waves Defense with a friend one seemed to have been replaced by a kill 100 Eximuses one.

Heard it was bugged. Maybe DE decided to roll it back into the workshop so they can fix it?

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

I've seen people saying the index one was reportedly bugged, the main complaint on the defence one was just boring long winded...

Nice change though, I won't be losing the 5k standing 🙂

Edited by LSG501

I just did it, the mission gave us a "good job, you did it" and then when checking progress it was gone, no points. thanks. also DE lied, again. "we can't change anything about this season". oh... right. riiiiight. why are they doing this?

• Like 4

Not in-game atm to check. Surprised that one got replaced.

From reading elsewhere - there was a reported common bug that Orokin derelict defense (ODD) was not working with the challenge and people would not get awarded for doing it there. This was also a re-occurring problem with the 1 hour survival challenges where people did that in Orokin derlict survival (ODS) and were not awarded it either. I suspect DE forgot to add the derelict as a possible place to do the nightwave challenges.

Others have also commented and reported the win 3 index wagers in a row as not working either and possibly bugged as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawbeard said:

I just did it, the mission gave us a "good job, you did it" and then when checking progress it was gone, no points. thanks. also DE lied, again. "we can't change anything about this season". oh... right. riiiiight. why are they doing this?

To be fair, I'd imagine that this swap-out is just a simple server-side change that requires no patch. The kinds of things we've been talking about are fundamental system changes that would probably require client-side updates.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Brozime didn't lose 5k and still has the eximus challenge available. Will it not reward 5k rep when he completes it?

I cleared both since there is a Eximus Sortie available anyways, didn't get the 5000 payout from the Eximus one.

Just now, KnossosTNC said:

To be fair,

nah, I can't be fair here, if it's that simple they should have done that with every single non-sense elite that was pointed out as non-sense. but the implication was they are literally physically incapable of doing anything about it until they submit the second season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Brozime didn't lose 5k and still has the eximus challenge available. Will it not reward 5k rep when he completes it?

I lost my 5k, so... if they are leaving those for some then holy S#&$ storm, this will be a GREAT week

1 minute ago, BlindStalker said:

Others have also commented and reported the win 3 index wagers in a row as not working either and possibly bugged as well.

I think this is just a visual glitch as I leveled up from completing this but the challenge does not show as complete. I did try it a 2nd time after resetting to see if it would resolve itself but I did not get 5k more rep nor did the challenge complete.

• Like 1

Glad they changed it, bc the thought of doing 40 waves sounds very boring.  I was going to skip it anyway, so now at least I can get the rep.

On a side note, has anyone had issues with the cache challenge?  I did a sabotage mission and the squad as a whole got all 3, but it didnt register.  Do we have to personally find them?

Just now, Rawbeard said:

I lost my 5k, so... if they are leaving those for some then holy S#&$ storm, this will be a GREAT week

Except, and a big except: You said you had just done the 40 wave defense...as opposed to doing it yesterday.
That's a rather big difference as to why you didn't get your 5K points from doing the 40 wave defense.

Essentially what you're complaining about is losing points/progress due to a patch that was applied mid-mission, similar to a hotfix, as opposed to doing your mission, and then hours later having a patch go out.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

nah, I can't be fair here, if it's that simple they should have done that with every single non-sense elite that was pointed out as non-sense. but the implication was they are literally physically incapable of doing anything about it until they submit the second season

Again, what we've been talking about were changes to challenges that were already on the books. This is simply swapping out one existing challenge for another.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

Not in-game atm to check. Surprised that one got replaced.

From reading elsewhere - there was a reported common bug that Orokin derelict defense (ODD) was not working with the challenge and people would not get awarded for doing it there. This was also a re-occurring problem with the 1 hour survival challenges where people did that in Orokin derlict survival (ODS) and were not awarded it either. I suspect DE forgot to add the derelict as a possible place to do the nightwave challenges.

idk why people were surprised it didnt count for this as well  i did the defense mission 3 times on helene-saturn and it counted for me and the rando's i was helping 

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Ah, good to know. Thanks for the update.

Did the eximus challege complete visually at least?

It shows up as incomplete even if you did the Defense one. You can progress and clear it as per normal. Progress is probably tracked separately from the system that credits points to you so it was likely that the game sees a 0/100 Eximus kills and thus, shows up that it is not completed, but the side that pays out the points has marked that "Elite Weekly #1" was completed and thus, will not retrigger another payout.

Was hoping for an extra 5000, the sooner I'm done with this, the longer of a break before having to deal with the next set.

Considering the Index one seems to be bugged as well, it stands to reason it could also be up for a swap-out as well. Please watch out for that.

I'm in the middle of a toroid run at the moment, so I can't go back to the Orbiter to check.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I think this is just a visual glitch as I leveled up from completing this but the challenge does not show as complete. I did try it a 2nd time after resetting to see if it would resolve itself but I did not get 5k more rep nor did the challenge complete.

Oh you might be right. Megan says they're investigating and they think it's a UI bug. Maybe a hotfix soon.