Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Elite Weekly ‘Defense’ swapped to ‘Eximus’

[DE]Drew

Greetings, Tenno! 

The Nightwave Elite Weekly that required 40 waves of Defense has been swapped with ‘Kill 100 Eximus’ after we received bug reports of the 40 waves not counting in Orokin Derelict Defense.

If you experienced this bug while trying to complete the Defense weekly, we're sorry for the serious frustration this caused. We’ve reviewed other challenges as well to help prevent something like this from happening again. We appreciate your patience as we work to iron out any bugs, issues, and inconsistencies in the Nightwave system. We’re also actively reviewing feedback to improve Nightwave overall; please add your feedback here:

Literally all of the challenges that have required a friend on the Xbox have been problematic.  Only one of them has worked for me, even though I have gone to extreme efforts to get the 5k rewards (see 8 profit taker kills with the challenge not giving the reward).  Clearly something is amiss.  I much appreciate changing it for a non-friend/clanmate challenge.  I understand why you want this and to encourage people to talk and friend one another, but it just doesn't work properly at the moment.

19 minutes ago, Etzu said:

Thanks !

I also read a lot of people in the EN region chat about the Day Trader challenge (3 wager in index) beeing buged but I've not tested it myself.

Thanks for the update, [DE]Drew. Is there any word on the Day Trader challenge Etzu mentioned? Is it currently working as intended? It’d be nice to get a heads up if at all possible before we all try to complete that one.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

snip

Have you checked the index bug thats being reported where it's not registering 3 rounds?

Also, what happened to not being able to change things... you could have changed the 'with friends ones' etc but chose not to.

10 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

So you can change these....

To my understanding:
It's less that DE can't change nightwave challenges, and more that they don't want to change the challenges since Nightwave is synced across PC and consoles. If they make a change to PC, then they'd have to change Console nightwave as well... except that requires sending changes to cert, which just takes way too long.

16 minutes ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

So you can change these....

Yeah, so much for, "You're gonna have to wait until Series 2!" when people complain about particularly tedious challenges. Guess this is proof that they do actually have some form of control over such things, but until now, have chosen not to exercise that control, for some reason.

As the old trilemma goes, if God is unable to prevent evil, then he is not all-powerful. But if God is able but unwilling to prevent evil, then....

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

To my understanding:
It's less that DE can't change nightwave challenges, and more that they don't want to change the challenges since Nightwave is synced across PC and consoles. If they make a change to PC, then they'd have to change Console nightwave as well... except that requires sending changes to cert, which just takes way too long.

Edit: Ah, okay. I suppose that makes sense. Although, that just means they may have wanted to test the system on PC first, instead of making it a simultaneous thing.

Also @[DE]Drew, I've been seeing people saying that the Day Trader challenge is bugged, as well. I believe they'll get a message from Nora saying they completed it during the mission itself, but it will still show as uncompleted on the main Nightwave challenge menu. That one might need the ol' swapsies as well.

7 minutes ago, RadYogh said:

Please add some 100-wave defense challanges and similar stuff (like 120 minute survival). 

Hell no.

We don't need anything that tempts the minor deity of host migration to make an appearance, or wastes an entire evening of some people's available play time.

What's great about Nightwave is you can make progress on pretty much all off the tasks by doing what any normal player does anyway.  Doing endless past wave 20 isn't normal unless you're one of those people who needs to publicly flex their e-peen.  Completing 3x 20 waves in a level 30 and up would be a reasonable task, or even nightmares to wave 20.

And it's not that I don't like the difficulty.  It's the pointless waiting for ~30 waves to complete before the game gives you a decent challenge that's the issue here.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

Thanks for the update, [DE]Drew. Is there any word on the Day Trader challenge Etzu mentioned? Is it currently working as intended? It’d be nice to get a heads up if at all possible before we all try to complete that one.

In case no updates are forthcoming on this thread, here’s another one to watch:

Note that the same seems to be happening with the index challenge.

Today a few hours ago, complete the 3 bets on the same game, without the enemy scoring points.

It came out as if it was complete, but when I go to the radio to see the other challenges, I still figure I have to complete it.

I don't know if someone else has, in the chat of the region (South America) some people comment that the same thing has happened to them too.

Can you please get rid of all the "with friend or clannmate" stuff? My friends barely play the game, i run a solo clan, and i dont like being forced to make fake "friends" to complete content, this isnt facebook. At least change it to something like "in public group", if you insist on pushing player interactions, pls.

17 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Have you checked the index bug thats being reported where it's not registering 3 rounds?

Also, what happened to not being able to change things... you could have changed the 'with friends ones' etc but chose not to.

^^^

Same issue with Index ... It's not counting either.

Archived