Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Elite Weekly ‘Defense’ swapped to ‘Eximus’

[DE]Drew

41 minutes ago, TheMikhail said:
  1. For those of us who completed the 40 wave defense, and got credit, did we lose the standing and now have to redo the Eximus challenge to get that standing back?
  2. Is the Index bug really visual or not?  Like others here, my team completed it, and saw the confirmation popup that said we completed it, but it never registered.  I was not sure how many points I had before completing the challenge, so I can't really tell if it was visual or not.

1. Pretty much looks that way: I did get credit for the 40 waves (in arbitration); got the +5k standings hours before the swap. After the swap and completing the new eximus challenge, I have the same amount of standings so it appears that we lost the reward from the defense challenge (or the eximus challenge didn't increase the standings further).

2. Visual, at least for me: I did get credit for the Index so it appears to be a visual bug.

I have screenshots to back it up (both 1. and 2. - of actual standings, not the notification during the mission) but I assume the loss of the reward for the defense challenge is intended until DE states otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Tneya said:

1. Pretty much looks that way: I did get credit for the 40 waves (in arbitration); got the +5k standings hours before the swap. After the swap and completing the new eximus challenge, I have the same amount of standings so it appears that we lost the reward from the defense challenge (or the eximus challenge didn't increase the standings further).

2. Visual, at least for me: I did get credit for the Index so it appears to be a visual bug.

I have screenshots to back it up (both 1. and 2. - of actual standings, not the notification during the mission) but I assume the loss of the reward for the defense challenge is intended until DE states otherwise.

If #2 is a visual bug, that is great since my group already did it.  Would be great to not have to do it again.

I hope that the eximus challenge didn't give you standing because you already had credit from the 40 wave.  I have a lot to do in the game as is, so having to redo the challenge just eats away from the laundry list.

4 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

If you experienced this bug while trying to complete the Defense weekly, we're sorry for the serious frustration this caused.

few hours later nightwave.exe still broken any update on the topic will be appreciated 

enough wasting time Fixes i demand 

4 hours ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Just letting people know. Not complaining, because it makes sense.

I completed the Defense challenge yesterday, and when I completed the Eximus challenge it was replaced with I received no extra standing.

I'll complain then. Why didn't it mark as complete if we already did the 40 wave challenge with a friend on sunday? Why does it show as being completed when we do the change, but we get zero reward for it? 

6 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

I'll complain then. Why didn't it mark as complete if we already did the 40 wave challenge with a friend on sunday? Why does it show as being completed when we do the change, but we get zero reward for it? 

that's right zxECFza.png

30 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

i wouldn't complain either about getting another challenge AND getting more points or getting zero for the 'new', changed one since eximuses tend to get killed as a by-product of playing the game anyway.

i done the 40 rounds with friends just when it came online (defense on helene... a walk in the park) and wonder why people choose to try this on the derelict... btw, it seems like the 'sabotage-find cache' challenge is also not working in the derelict sabotage mission... maybe derelict missions are a bit 'special' and aren't compatible with the nightwave challenges - maybe it's time for DE to make them all normal missions like they done with the void when we got the relics back then (would sure be nice to be able to play them on public without the damn chat to organize first).

My feedback is this, don't listen to people who can't understand the point of a progression system or who don't understand that a system can have aspects intended for different levels of player.  The reason a lot of this feels like a chore for people to do is because the 1 hour challenges weren't challenging, they were tedious.  Give us actual challenges rather than a simple tick list.

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)nekokujo a dit :

Thanks for the update, [DE]Drew. Is there any word on the Day Trader challenge Etzu mentioned? Is it currently working as intended? It’d be nice to get a heads up if at all possible before we all try to complete that one.

I've done the challenge, so it works perfectly, but it seems the challenge is "redoable" ? (at least it gives points but stay "not completed" on the list, I have no idea if it's possible to redo it or not but I read that it's "infinite nightwave farming" capable on the region chat)

12 minutes ago, Etzu said:

I've done the challenge, so it works perfectly, but it seems the challenge is "redoable" ? (at least it gives points but stay "not completed" on the list, I have no idea if it's possible to redo it or not but I read that it's "infinite nightwave farming" capable on the region chat)

The bug is simply UI.  You get the 5k upon first completion but it just doesn't get checked off in the challenge list.  If you repeat it you don't get any more points, despite the challenge progress appearing in-game again.

The defence was one of the missions I looked forward to. Coulda gone mutagen sample farming for that damn Hema I (as solo contributor) am still trying to get via dojo.

I would not like to have lost out on the opportunity of 5 000 extra points just for not doing one mission the first day of the week (especially since I'm not going to touch the index challenge). I did over half of the other ones, they worked fine. Just mark the eximus one as completed beforehand to the ones that did the (seemingly fun) defence one?

just to clear up anything about index, it does get completed it is just a visual bug saying it isnt, you still get the standing. ive tested this already if you attempt to redo the mission challenge you do not get the extra standing, all you get is a completion message at the end of the mission.

Archived