Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Scanner now unequips every time you melee...

(PSN)Stealth_Cobra

.. Thanks to melee 3.0.

It seriously sucks, especially since this week we get forced to scan a gazillion plants for the apothics and multiple simaris targets... Both tasks requiring frequent use of the codex scanner to scan the environment and to follow the synthesis target's floating trail.

Nothing quite as fun as running complete missions not fighting anyone or breaking any containers because everytime you swipe you melee weapon , you have to go back into your gear wheel and reequip the scanner. Plz fix ASAP and maybe next time test your weekly challenge before you make us do them as guinea pigs (considering the fact the defense one + the index one have major issues this week + these two scanning challenges that use a broken feature, that's four out of ten weeklies that have major issues this week).

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Nothing quite as fun as running complete missions not fighting anyone or breaking any containers because everytime you swipe you melee weapon , you have to go back into your gear wheel and reequip the scanner.

If you try and fire/aim your weapon it should bring it out again. You do not need to enter the gear wheel unless you put it away.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

@(XB1)R3d P01nt I noticed that you have been commenting on a few bug reports here, saying you haven't encountered the bug mentioned in the OP. I just wanted to ask, do you have an account on both PS and XBox? If not, notice you're in the Bugs section for PS4. If yes, sorry 🙂

XB1 and PS4 have the same build.

ETA:  I tried it again this morning and it is no longer working for me with the scanner.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Theoretically maybe, I'm not an expert on this. But why would DE make different sub-forums for XB1 and PS4 is they were all the same?

They used to be combined (and they were separate even before that).  I'm not sure why they are once again separate.  The console builds should be identical though, including NSW if they've caught up to us.

Seems to me like aiming (left trigger) switches correctly to whatever you had equipped but firing (right trigger) will always equip a weapon and fire it.

I'm someone who doesn't use aim with the scanner. Just fire. Which aims and scans anything that hits its reticule. So this bug/feature is rather irksome. 

Also noticed that if you use transference (with scanner equipped) after returning to warframe both aiming and firing will equip a weapon and fire it.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

On 2019-03-27 at 5:02 AM, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

They used to be combined (and they were separate even before that).  I'm not sure why they are once again separate.  The console builds should be identical though, including NSW if they've caught up to us.

I don't believe that XBox and Playstation use the same build precisely. Each console has their own exclusive armor sets: Jade for XBox and Azura for Playstation.

However, I wouldn't exactly say the builds are different aside from a few cosmetic items and further, I wouldn't be surprised if both consoles had the exclusive armor sets in the game files.

We have seen aesthetic bugs bleed into game mechanics so you never know!

Edit: This bug affects me as well.

Edited by (PS4)Multi-Melta
  • Like 1

On 2019-03-28 at 1:02 PM, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

Seems to me like aiming (left trigger) switches correctly to whatever you had equipped but firing (right trigger) will always equip a weapon and fire it.

I've been playing with this more or less the whole weekend. Never worked, primary always equipped itself after attacking with melee, no matter how I tried to aim with the scanner again 🙁

agreed, this bug is a major PITA.  

But wait it gets better.   Now melee 2.9 is screwing up other thins you can hold in your hand that isnt a gun or melee like Data Masses (that you plug into stuff).   Was trying to run those PoE bounties for nightwave and had to do a ton of armored vaults and noticed myself fumbling the DM everytime I would go to shoot someone before plugging it in.  

Wonder how atmoguns behave.  

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

AW's were making me drop data masses BEFORE melee 2.9.  Always have to use K-drive at end of phase 3 profit taker?

Wow I had no idea. You could say, this information went right over my head. Much like my coolant canister LOL