Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BANNED FOR RESHADE

Xatn

Reshade is a 3rd party program supposed to enhance graphics, right ? No wonder why you got banned : those kind of software usually doesn't work that well with anticheat systems or anything security related in online games.

Contact the player support. Only them can help. https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en

EDIT : looks like I'm a tad bit late.

• Like 1

Okay my entire forums was in french so I couldn't really read anything, fixed it now. I didn't mean to post 3 times though, I meant to post one in PHP as a PSA and one here @ing steve. The post from my actually account, well I didn't expect it to go through because I got an error then the "Banned" message.

I'm not an expert but I'm fairly sure that SweetFX and ReShade are not the same thing. Steve said SweetFX is fine, he never mentioned ReShade.

My guess would be the reason for the ban is that ReShade is using a injector that gets detected as illegal 3rd party software.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaptainMeowth said:

...am I the only one bothered by the fact that this Steve post was from 2013 ? So, 6 years old ?

DE need to clarify their current stance on visual enhancement programs then.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Feltal said:

DE need to clarify their current stance on visual enhancement programs then.

Do they really need to clarify?
We all know that using third party tools isn't allowed. Even if it's just about changing visuals, it's still a third party tool.
It's way easier for DE to just say that these things aren't allowed. Because if they were allowed, they would always have to go through quite the process to check if the banned player just used something to change visuals or if they really "cheated"...

25 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Do they really need to clarify?
We all know that using third party tools isn't allowed. Even if it's just about changing visuals, it's still a third party tool.
It's way easier for DE to just say that these things aren't allowed. Because if they were allowed, they would always have to go through quite the process to check if the banned player just used something to change visuals or if they really "cheated"...

Yes they need to clarify. If they said in the past that SweetFX is ok, they need to say why the other program is not. They opened the door, so they need to explain why they closed it.

35 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

If they said in the past that SweetFX is ok, they need to say why the other program is not

This would be true if DE stated this recently.
OP quoted a post from 6 years ago. It's just not up-to-date.
The most important thing is always "NO third party tools".

Last time I checked, Reshade is a much more advanced injector that can dig much deeper into various engines, which will obviously trigger red flags in online games like WF with active anti-cheat software. SweetFX is more post processing and filters. Usually you want to combine the two for best results, since they are good at different things.

Using Reshade because SFX is allowed is not very wise, and I would certainly not bother for any online game like WF since things change with new updates.

Also, just because you can use injectors to improve your graphics doesn't mean you can't also use it to highlight enemies and such for cheating.

Edited by SirTobe