The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Purchase: Mesa or Equinox

Infidel788

As Mesa Prime Access is coming to a close and Equinox Prime on the horizon, what does everything think would be the better purchase?  Mesa Prime is a beast and the Redeemer is a huge bonus, and I don't have enough experience in the game to really know if I should hold out for Equinox.  EP looks amazing, but I Mesa is proven.  I'm going to buy either or regardless, I'd just like some insight from those with a little more experience.

I think it comes down to personal preference.  For me, it's Mesa hands down.  I use Mesa tons and, as you said, you also get Redeemer whereas I rarely use Equinox and her PA weapons don't seem as desirable.  

If you're more worried about the frame and the rest of the gear my advise is to disregard that entirely. Fact is if you plan to buy one only then you'll have to farm the other to get both. After that it's just a matter of which accessories you fancy the most. Do you want some operator gear? Mesa. That mouth mask is a lot better than it looks. Want that neat Syandana from Equinox? Then get Equinox. As for the plat I may be mistaken but I believe it's the same, as well as the boosters so those shouldn't be a problem.

Another thing is that Equinox is way easier to farm in the sense that everyone will be doing it at launch time. So in this case buying Mesa would spare you more farming work since you can just team up with everyone trying to get Equinox as well and even get parts unexpectedly when simply farming for traces. Not only that, you can sell extra parts, sought after parts, for extra platinum.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

For general gameplay, I think Mesa is more versatile and useful then equinox — especially for a newer player. Her damage reduction and ability to clear a room just makes her more survivable for a player not fully comfortable with the movement system and lacking fully kitted out weapons.  Equinox is squishier but can be better in some circumstances because she doesn’t require line of sight. 

27 minutes ago, Infidel788 said:

As Mesa Prime Access is coming to a close and Equinox Prime on the horizon, what does everything think would be the better purchase?  Mesa Prime is a beast and the Redeemer is a huge bonus, and I don't have enough experience in the game to really know if I should hold out for Equinox.  EP looks amazing, but I Mesa is proven.  I'm going to buy either or regardless, I'd just like some insight from those with a little more experience.

Y not both? 🤷‍♂️

Mesa is better than Equinox. DO NOT BUY MESA PRIME ACCESS.

At this point you are better off just buying Equinox Prime Access and using the plat that comes with it to buy Mesa Prime, Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime.

EDIT: As an added bonus you can farm for Equinox and sell the parts you get for profit.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

At this point you are better off just buying Equinox Prime Access and using the plat that comes with it to buy Mesa Prime, Akjagara Prime and Redeemer Prime.

Why would you say that though? Because Mesa would be cheaper to farm than Equinox??

Edited by Infidel788

6 minutes ago, Infidel788 said:

Why would you say that though?

Supply and demand. Equinox will be brand new so you will have nearly everyone in the community trying to farm/buy her. The relics will be in short supply so the plat prices will be very high.

By comparison, Mesa has been out for over 3 months so her demand is a lot lower and the supply is better. So while Equinox will cost over 200p, Mesa can be purchased for far less right now.

EDIT: Mesa Prime is selling for ~125p on PC right now.

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Isn't certain plat untradable though? I think I heard that plat bought with prime access cannot be used in a trade. Not 100% sure tho.

Equinox will be available for awhile though too, I'll probably pull the trigger on Mesa to get her now, and then in a couple of months when everything has died down, sweet talk my wife to spend more money hahaha.  This is the first game that I actually don't mind spending on the cash shop, and to support the Devs.

3 minutes ago, Infidel788 said:

Equinox will be available for awhile though too, I'll probably pull the trigger on Mesa to get her now, and then in a couple of months when everything has died down, sweet talk my wife to spend more money hahaha.  This is the first game that I actually don't mind spending on the cash shop, and to support the Devs.

You get a ton of plat with prime access. You will have to wait ~3 months before Equinox reaches the prices that Mesa is at right now. I would tell my best friend to wait for another week or two and to purchase Equinox Prime Access instead. You can do what you want but you will save more plat and time farming if you just wait.