Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give me some fun weapons

Kebast

Looking for some new weapons to use. I've got all the Meta stuff, plus a few extras for fun. Hoping to find some hidden gems. 

Requirements - sortie 3 viable without Rivens

Help me find something new to play with! 

2 minutes ago, Dahx11 said:

Well how much forma are you willing to invest? 

First thing that comes to mind that fits your criteria is the Akmagnus.

Very under appreciated and can become pretty strong after 4 forma.

Also really fun!

Thanks! I usually put 4-5 forma in any weapon I use. Not really looking for something that needs 8 forma, but up to 5 is fine. 

I reckon Nukor is uderrrated.  Highest crit damage multiplier in the game with one of the lowest crit chance.  If you can cheese some crit chance like arcane avenger, kavat or Harrow, it becomes a beast.  Plus it has a built-in passive that inflates body parts you shoot and the enemies just burst when they die.  

Don't know if this is even viable but Atomos is so much fun to use. The popping sound as a whole group of enemies dies one after the other is just so satisfying. 

Edited by SlamH

not sure how Meta these are, but a few weapons I think are pretty decent that no-one mentions:

Tenora - Octavia's Rifle is like a poor man's Soma prime, but in a good way: high Rof, Excellent Crit, over 100 rounds in the magazine, after Soma prime went into the Vault, this thing took it's crown for quite some time. alt fire means you also have a sniper on hand at the same time.

Astilla - Gara's Shotgun is really good fun as well, awesome firing sound and feels great, like being Terry Crews in the first Expendables movie when he pulls out an AA-12.. only problem is that it runs out of ammo rather quickly, but the slug rounds mean it has an insane effective range.

Rakta Cernos - Dread might always be king for some, but it's hard to argue with massive damage, a nigh instant draw time and an energy restoring AoE, all in a silent package. this Bow truly made up for the disappointment of the regular Cernos.

Snipetron vandal - not most people's first choice when it comes to snipers, usually it's brother, the Lanka gets all the fame, but both Versions of the Snipetron are still nice rifles since the sniper buff, and no travel time to worry about as they are pure hitscan. less damage, but they fire faster and can still put down sortie mobs very quickly.

Plinx - actually quite a fun sidearm, much like Arca Scisco. both are hitscan energy but Plinx has recharging ammo, and has the additional cool factor of being a Revolver.

Prisma Twin Gremlins - these are FAR from what the old Gremlins were: these things got such an insane buff that they rival AkStiletto prime! pick these up next time Baro has them, you won't regret it!

Fusilai - another of Gara's weapons, I mostly use the Alt fire with these as it's just great throwing multiple knives at once, it feels more "ninja", you know? I honestly wish Hikou and Spira had this feature as well.

as for melee, there's just a ton of them, and nearly all of them are viable, though I've been having most fun recently with the new Tatsu: the Stance is great and the thing just looks badass!stats aren't super high, but it still does the job as a status melee, and that's enough for Sortie 3.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

My two favorite shotguns: The Corinth and the Strun Wraith. The Corinth is amazing for crit damage with Shrapnel Shot and Hunter's Munitions, and the Strun Wraith is a status beast, perfect for melting armor with its 100% status potential, super high pellet count, and corrosive damage. plus, I love how the individual shell reloading feels on them.

I have also been really enjoying my main Kitgun, which I dubbed the Pixie, after my favorite machine gun from Armored Core: Nexus. Rattleguts, Gibber, Zipneedle. Maximum speed, excellent crit, good status, and a super fast reload. Plus, it can have either radiation and corrosive, for all Grineer armor, or radiation and magnetic, which is great against Corpus robots. Only problem is that it tends to run out of ammo really fast if I'm not paying attention.

Or something kind of silly I have been enjoying recently: Cernos prime with max multishot and Thunderbolt. The only bow Mr. Torgue would approve of. Its even more fun with Mirage's hall of mirrors, because then you get EVEN MORE EXPLOSIONS.

7 hours ago, Kebast said:

Fun weapons are impossible specifically because of this. Unless their gimmick introduces non sense dps increases.

Nukor + Harrow is fun as hell

Harrow + anything is fun really

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

hace 7 horas, Kebast dijo:

Looking for some new weapons to use. I've got all the Meta stuff, plus a few extras for fun. Hoping to find some hidden gems. 

Almost all weapons if not all are "sortie 3 viable"

Edited by Yagamilight123

Not sure what weapons you specifically have already when you say you have most of the meta stuff, but if you don't have the atomos which is one of the best beam secondaries then you should pick it up.

It's basically a more status bent secondary version of the amprex as it also chains targets, and has access to the better primed secondary mods that the amprex doesn't, but doesn't have access to hunter munitions meaning you're mostly going to be building for corrosive. The weapon is extremely good and feels good, the only downsides are that it looks ugly and is hard to color, and because of lethal torrent it isn't the most ammo efficient thing in the world.

Another weapons that I'd recommend is the exergis, which is basically a side grade to the Tigris prime, personally I prefer the exergis over the Tigris prime but that's just a personal preference. The biggest problem will be getting the really niche resources from the orb vallis to build it.

A melee weapon I'd recommend for fun is the arca titron, and make sure you have the crushing ruin stance (it's the better of the 2 stances, MUCH better, especially the pause combo), it has a built in passive where every kill stores a charge in the hammer up to 4 charges, and when you perform a slam attack it expands all charges and does damage in a huge radius around the hammer, the great thing is that hammer combos have slam attacks inside the combos so you won't even have to think about expanding the charges manually since you'll always be doing it. This weapon basically makes slam attacks viable and boosts the damage and range potential of the hammer stances compared to other hammers.

I actually recommend the ninkondi, it's one of the 2 nunchaku in the game, the other being the shaku but the shaku is downright worse than the ninkondi despite it needing the ninkondi as a build requirement. It's not super powerful, but it's a complete status beast due to its status chance and insane attack speed and benefits super well with condition overload and just 2 different damage types. Nunchakus were one of the weapons that benefited a lot from melee 2.9 since the stance combos themselves are so much better than the quick attack, but since they're both single damage type weapons condition overload was hard to ramp on them alone without another weapon, now that's fixed.

One other weapon I'd recommend that's 99% fun is the twin grakatas, that is if you're willing to sink 4-6 forma into them. They have insane fire rate and DPS, but suffer from a long reload and ammo inefficiency, but they ARE hilarious and are actually quite powerful, they aren't top tier powerful, but they'll solve all your problems by just holding down mouse 1, that is, as long as you actually have any ammo left.

10 hours ago, Kebast said:

If you’re in a clan and can get someone to trade, or just happen to be with red veil, I recommend the Rakta cernos. It’s a fun little short bow capable of out putting some pretty intense damage.

The bow aside, it’s syndicate proc gives you energy which by itself can be a lot of fun.

Mine has a riven, so that might play a factor in my enjoyment. But it is still a super fun weapon IMO 🙂

+77% electricity 

+50% reload speed

+71% heat

-58% status chance

Not really enough to make the weapon OP by itself, but the reload speed on this riven definitely makes the bow a lot more fun.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop