Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Suggestion: Hold Exalted Blade's melee attack button

Awepz

Excalibur is a fun frame to play, especially when you like to slash everything, but when it comes to him, there are some issues that some players may encounter (which aren't DE's or the players fault)

The constant tap spam of melee to use Exalted Blade may cause health damage to your hand, other games which requiere you to smash your fingers over and over and over again (GunZ players know what i'm tlaking about) no stop are known to damage them. And of course there are players who already have some kind of health issue and they have to skip this frame playstyle.

My suggestion is that we have the option (at least just for Exalted Blade) where we can hold the melee button (or any button not used in melee right now) to toggle melee attacks. It won't make your dps higher since your speed is regulated by your attack speed, not how fast you can press the button, but prevent any kind of issue that it would bring to players.

Thank you and i hope that this suggestion spreads in favor of a healty playstyle

hace 1 minuto, Datam4ss dijo:

You can try programming an auto fire macro, although I don't know what is DE's current stance on that.

As far as i know macros that automate an action repeatidly are banned, i dont think the game can differenciate a macro just doing it for the sake of melee, or a macro spamming any other action

2 minutes ago, Awepz said:

As far as i know macros that automate an action repeatidly are banned, i dont think the game can differenciate a macro just doing it for the sake of melee, or a macro spamming any other action

It's actually quite ambiguous. If your macro is one click and it does one slide attack, it won't actually be banned since it is one click one action.

If yours completely automates the game it is a hard ban (i.e. slide spam macro that is toggled so you only aim or a bot)

Autofire is in the grey area between both since you have to do most of the playing, but don't manually click. It would of course be nice for DE to include it, but if you want clarification I suggest you ask support and explain your case.

46 minutes ago, Awepz said:

DE's rules on macros are intentionally ambiguous, but one thing that they've been clear about is that simple accessibility-related macros (e.g. clicking really fast so your hand doesn't hurt) are totally fine.

The macros that they're not okay with are the ones that "play the game for you". Clicking repeatedly doesn't fall under this category 😄

Been maining excal/umbra since I started for a bout a year now, no real issue with scroll wheel for melee but it would be nice to have a macro in the game that let us auto attack during exalted blade for people with actual health problems that would be affected.

Another idea could be an option where during EB one swing input equals 5 swings so you don't have to swing so much when using berserk and or primed fury.

Edit: oh and obviously macros exist, and just like the post above me stated accessibility macros are cool with DE.

Edited by fallenkell