Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 6.3 Hotfixes

[DE]Rebecca

What if you join a mission but forgot to change your equipment

Should your profile be marred forever because of it?

The game really shouldn't even track things like that

And what do you care if someone leaves?

More bonus exp for everyone else

First of all I was just letting him know that this existed and will probably be worked on more often in the future.

(I was also being sarcastic but sarcasm is often lost in text, I know that.)

I did not say anything else to anyone else, nor did I say it's a flawed system nor did I even say I would label anyone as such.

I don't really care whether people leave or not, that's their loss entirely IMO.

Besides, for the future PVP, people wouldn't want to be teamed up with someone who has a long history of quits.

*edit for grammar

Edited by wheatnoodles

Causing the enemy to attack his friends is only half of the benefit, you're missing the team advantage here. As Nyx you are essentially marking a target as not a threat. Less damage to team equals team support.

If people had the common sense to kill everything else first, that'd be fine, but I've mind controlling a heavy grineer and had my team mates ignore everything else and spray him down.

I sure as hell hope not

If they ever do add PvP, no ones making you play it. And if it brings in more money to Digital Extremes and helps the longevity of Warframe as a game and business model, well that PvP just helped you by funding your PvE.

Why is it that so many PvE fans get &!$$ed off and angry at the prospect of PvP in their PvE game? I never saw TF2 players complain when they added co-op PvE to it's previously entirely competitive game. Those that didn't like it simply ignored it and kept on playing what they've been playing. Any complaints that were lodged at it were from those that desired the cosmetic items from it, not from the fact that it was added in the first place, but thats a business model problem not a gameplay problem.

If people had the common sense to kill everything else first, that'd be fine, but I've mind controlling a heavy grineer and had my team mates ignore everything else and spray him down.

Because when an enemy lights up like that it's very similar to a Trinity skill that gives you health/energy when you shoot that enemy

All Warframes get equal stats in PvP.

/done

Then why PVP at all if everyone is the same?

There are other video games with PvP, DESIGNED for PvP, not every game needs it

Because when an enemy lights up like that it's very similar to a Trinity skill that gives you health/energy when you shoot that enemy

And that's somehow different than any other shooter with multiplayer where characters don't have stats?

Equal stats mean the determining factor is your weapon and your skill.

Edited by FatalX7

/whathaveIdone

PvP will most likely be a separate mode with separate rules... Balance? I'm sure they'll figure it out in due time.

Heck, they might as well release PvP-exclusive warframes, frames that can only be played in PvP.

Why complain about something that hasn't even been implemented yet?

Everything is speculation, nothing is set in stone.

Really don't want to put you on the spot but:

There are other video games with PvP, DESIGNED for PvP, not every game needs it

People enjoy being able to compete with one another in terms of skill, to see who is more accurate, to see who has the better method of finishing off an opponent. I don't really know why it's fun but it is.

Yeah not every game needs it, this is true, but what's wrong with having an optional mode for it?

Why are you so aggressive about it?

Edited by wheatnoodles

It's not a thing we want the devs even considering at this point, because they have too much work ahead of them with the base game itself anyway. PvP is a big thing that you either build your game around, or twist and warp your game for. Not now, not in the distant future either.

Edited by Crossflip

And that's somehow different than any other shooter with multiplayer where characters don't have stats?

Equal stats mean the determining factor is your weapon and your skill.

Are skills disabled too?

Cause some of those frame skills would be pretty broken in a PvP setting, and they're hardly balanced for it

And is every match going to be dominated by rank 4+ with hek/gorgon/snipetron?

If you want to play a PvP game, there are thousands of online PvP games you can play

Pure PvE online games (that aren't WoW clones) are a rarity these days, and they're the kind of thing I enjoy

I've seen a lot of good PvE features get ruined because PvPers whine about every little thing that might make them lose a fight

They would have to rework pretty much every skill/weapon to make PvP work, and if you think they can run both side by side and keep it fun and balanced for both, then you really don't know what you're talking about

Everything is speculation, nothing is set in stone.
The game doesn't need PvP, it needs more challenging/robust PvE

I'm hoping the bosses that aren't Jackal/that infected on eris are just placeholders until they get real bosses, cause shooting some dude for 3-4 minutes straight as he stumbles around isn't very exciting

Because I've seen good game features ruined because the devs ignore the PvE userbase in favor of the PvP whiners

Like the Barrelchest Anchor

PvP is a big thing that you either build your game around, or twist and warp your game for.
This guy knows

People enjoy being able to compete with one another in terms of skill, to see who is more accurate, to see who has the better method of finishing off an opponent. I don't really know why it's fun but it is.

Yeah not every game needs it, this is true, but what's wrong with having an optional mode for it?

People find PvP enjoyable because humans aren't AI. They're not scripted, they're not limited and they can't be memorized like a boss.

Humans are more challenging and more unorthodox. This introduces an element of wonderment. Or surprise. Whatever word you prefer. You never know what's going to happen when you're up against a human, and that's a bit exciting.

It's not a thing we want the devs even considering at this point, because they have too much work ahead of them with the base game itself anyway. PvP is a big thing that you either build your game around, or twist and warp your game for. Not now, not in the distant future either.

Judging by the FAQ, the only thing this game had in the beginning was PvP.

Edited by FatalX7

something something something

The game doesn't need PvP, it needs more challenging/robust PvE

I'm hoping the bosses that aren't Jackal/that infected on eris are just placeholders until they get real bosses, cause shooting some dude for 3-4 minutes straight as he stumbles around isn't very exciting

Nowhere did I say it NEEDED pvp, it'd be a nice change of pace IMO...

Also, I'm sure it's quite obvious that PVP isn't the focus of attention for the devs at the moment, neither is it from me.

Whiners? What whiners? Where? I fully agree that PvE needs to be more developed before introducing PvP at all.

Like I said, nothing is set in stone, all I wrote was "for future PVP" and you wrote "sure as hell not" .. we've stated our opinions, accept the opinions as opinions and not game-breaking revolutions that people are trying to push for.

There are games that are not Warframe that can give you your PvP fix

That's really all there is to it

Why do you want Warframe to have PvP?

Do you not have access to TF2? That's a game that was designed from the ground up and has had at least five years of patches to make it balanced for PvP

Shoehorning PvP into Warframe will just make a lackluster product that won't keep anyone's interest and devs will have to work double time to try and make it balanced

If you want to compete with friends, then look at the scoreboard after a match, there's your PvP

Want to get the most kills? Spam speed on volt and just blitz through the map oneshotting everything, see how fun it is to get the top score

Edited by PlusEighteen

There are games that are not Warframe that can give you your PvP fix

That's really all there is to it

Why do you want Warframe to have PvP?

Do you not have access to TF2? That's a game that was designed from the ground up and has had at least five years of patches to make it balanced for PvP

Shoehorning PvP into Warframe will just make a lackluster product that won't keep anyone's interest and devs will have to work double time to try and make it balanced

If you want to compete with friends, then look at the scoreboard after a match, there's your PvP

Want to get the most kills? Spam speed on volt and just blitz through the map oneshotting everything, see how fun it is to get the top score

You're still not understanding. Everyone here is fine with PvE and can play without PvP. You're the one who started the PvP debate in this thread, out of apparent annoyance.

And you're right, there are other games with PvP, but nothing with anything close to the mechanics that this game has to offer. Except for GunZ, but it's very old and clunky. GunZ 2, on the other hand? Lookin' pretty damn sexy. I'll probably move on to that once it comes out. Gotta satisfy my diverse palate.

Some people just think it'd be fun to fight Space Ninjas as Space Ninjas, it's not a difficult concept to understand. Don't spit on the opinions of others.

Edited by FatalX7

A game with PvP is better than a game without. People have more choice. Devs just don't have the resources for that, and it's not main focus, but it would be welcomed, except a few purists who do not accept comprimises. I play MMOs with a PvP cmponent and most of the time I don't even pay attention to it unless for giggles.

And like FatalX7, I'll probably move to Gunz 2, which will have both. The systems here feel unintuintive... esp. the alerts...and the slots.......

I was so close to jumping on the gun for founder's package, however I took a few days to rethink it and nope. There is no more hype for this game at 150 hours spent. I'm seeing the game for what it's worth without the novelty of space ninjas, and quite frankly it leaves a lot to be desired. Devs seem to try to milk players at every turn, while trying to remain F2P. It feels like core mechanics are in a design conflict, such as leveling and limited slot availability...

I hope update 7 brings in some design rebalances.

A game with PvP is better than a game without.

This is not even remotely true. There are too many games with a half assed PvP and a half assed PvE component because they felt they had to include both. Features can't be added out of thin air, they take time and resources to implement. That's time and resources that can't be spent elsewhere. If PvP was implemented, PvE would suffer for it, because it's literally not possible for it to be otherwise. As others have said, PvP games are dime a dozen, I would much rather see a PvE game that actually has engaging gameplay.

This is not even remotely true. There are too many games with a half assed PvP and a half assed PvE component because they felt they had to include both. Features can't be added out of thin air, they take time and resources to implement. That's time and resources that can't be spent elsewhere. If PvP was implemented, PvE would suffer for it, because it's literally not possible for it to be otherwise. As others have said, PvP games are dime a dozen, I would much rather see a PvE game that actually has engaging gameplay.

I thought we were done talking about it. Or are we all supposed to keep repeating the same things over and over again?

Edited by FatalX7

You're extrapolating from my statement. I also talked about limited ressources and why they couldn't do it. You seem to have just read the first sentence and went from there. Having more choice is never bad (unless you're talking about like going watch TV in cold snow or like cleaning the oven kind of choice). Nobody wants a half done component. So yes that statement is true, but the execution of those particular games is another discussion.

Judging by the FAQ, the only thing this game had in the beginning was PvP.

The devs thought pvp would do well in warframe, and then decided to focus solely on pvp. They clearly have no plans for pvp. That was interpreted wrongly on your part, I'm afraid.

Please guys, the topic of this thread is update 6.3, let's stop the Pvp circlejerk. I'm sorry I was part of it when I knew I should have said this earlier, etc.

Now please, enough with the pvp. Make a thread for it, at least those can get buried.

I thought we were done talking about it. Or are we all supposed to keep repeating the same things over and over again?

We've kinda been done talking about it a while before you were even around. But I'm out of town with just my phone and don't have anything better to do than try to make people on the internet realise they're wrong about stuff. On that note...

Having more choice is never bad.

It is if it makes all the choices S#&$tier for it. Toss me a scenario where they implement PvP without it compromising PvE.

Edited by Sealgaire

The devs thought pvp would do well in warframe, and then decided to focus solely on pvp. They clearly have no plans for pvp. That was interpreted wrongly on your part, I'm afraid.

?

Is there PvP in Warframe? (When will there be PvP? Your game is dead without PvP! I have an idea for PvP mode!)

There is no PvP mode in Warframe yet. Face-palm? Sure, but when we started building this game a year ago, we saw plenty of PvP and less PvE. Right we want to focus and do one thing well: PvE. That said we are investing in better leaderboards, clans goals, and other more 'meta' forms of competition right now.

We've kinda been done talking about it a while before you were even around. But I'm out of town with just my phone and don't have anything better to do than try to make people on the internet realise they're wrong about stuff.

Oh? But I see so many people talking about it everywhere else and I could have sworn I was posting in this thread when that one person started this whole thing here. It seemed like this particular debate ended a while ago. It died down quite a lot around the posts saying that someone misunderstood and that it's actually not a huge issue. And if you say we've been done, why aren't we? I guess it's in my imagination, or I'm on an entirely different plane of existence. Or maybe I don't even exist at all!

And wrong...about their opinions and individual interests?

It is if it makes all the choices S#&$tier for it. Toss me a scenario where they implement PvP without it compromising PvE.

But now I'm curious of a scenario where it does.

Edited by FatalX7

I never should have mentioned the forsaken P-word.. sigh... I've learned my lesson, I'm sorry guys.

Besides, for the future PVP, people wouldn't want to be teamed up with someone who has a long history of quits.

Because someone was complaining about "quits" being recorded into your profile.

Edited by wheatnoodles

I never should have mentioned the forsaken P-word.. sigh... I've learned my lesson, I'm sorry guys.

Because someone was complaining about "quits" being recorded into your profile.

Not your fault. That one guy was just butthurt because people like different things.