Spec-Ops Virus Warframe: VYRE 

Name: VYRE
Theme: Get in undetected, propagate, kill.  

Gameplay Goal:
Like Ivara and Harrow, this Warframe is designed to change the pace of gameplay to something more methodical, but can similarly be used with many other playstyles. Though, also like Harrow, you are rewarded more for playing to the theme.  
This Warframe provides a unique type of stealth gameplay, using viral afflictions to manipulate how he is perceived on the battlefield. Then, after he has wormed his way in, Vyre goes for the kill and reaps the rewards.  

Disclaimer: All numerical stats and values are only for examples.

Stats:
Shield: 35
Health: 175
Armor: 100
Energy: 125
Speed: 1.15

Passives: 
Vyre's Stealth kills drop Health Orbs.  
Enemies affected by Vyre's [1][2][4] Abilities take increased Damage from all other sources. The longer they have been afflicted, the more susceptible to Damage they become. 

Abilities:

[1] PATHOGEN
Cost: 25 Energy
Throw a projectile that injects an enemy with a strong virus, rampantly immobilizing the target for a considerable Duration and opening them to Finishers. Killing this enemy silently will often yield an Energy Orb(s), and players who strike this target will lace their Melee weapon with +50% Viral damage for a short Duration.   
Unalerted enemies may become distracted by this ill ally of theirs, moving in for a closer view.

When the Duration ends without the target dying, the pathogens will explode and deal x/x/x/500 Viral damage within a small radius.  

[2] ENDOCYTIC BREACH
Cost: 60 Energy
Loose several 8m tentacles from yourself, aswell as any Pathogen targets, that lash out and deliver viral compounds into enemies. These enemies are slowed for a few seconds as they receive Viral damage. After which, the virus reprograms the afflicted; blinding them of your presence for some time. 
The Duration required for the virus to deal its full Damage and have its debuffs take effect is reduced for unalerted enemies, while the Duration of the debuffs are halved for alerted enemies. Unalerted enemies affected by this Ability will have increased loot drop chances.

Activating this Ability also grants a very brief lingering effect which allows the Warframe to pass through laser barriers safely and unnoticed.

Augment: Allies also release tentacles (though fewer), become undetectable by the affected enemies, and can temporarily pass barriers. Their stealth kills on these enemies grant the team slight Health and Energy returns.  

[3] HOST
Cost: X Health/second
Inject yourself into a target within 15m to crudely control their body and sneak your way behind enemy lines. Alerted enemies will eventually notice and attack the host body.  
The host cannot attack, and are less mobile (they won't be able to jump or fly).  
All of Vyre's other Abilities can still be used, but they will damage the host.  
If the host dies, Vyre will reform and be invulnerable for 3 seconds.

Deactivate to gruesomely exit the host body, dealing up to a base of 1000 Finisher Damage, determined by time elapsed within the host.  

Augment: Host body has increased movement Speed. Also increases Status Chance of Viral Damage inflicted by Vyre's other Abilities while within the host. 

[4] PROPAGATION
Cost: 100 Energy (Can be Charged to additionally drain 50% of max Health.)
Release a number small crawling virus drones. Additionally, small flying virus drones will burst (Dealing Slash w/ proc) from any Enemies affected by [1][2], which are much faster.    

These drones search for and latch on to enemies for x/x/x/20 seconds. They silently deal Viral damage over time, sapping life from their host in the process, healing yourself and nearby allies. The base Duration is doubled when Charged, further increasing total Damage and Lifesteal.  
If a player or their companion is at max Health while the drones provide Lifesteal, up to 1000 Health worth of healing for that individual will be stored and used as needed.

Edited by Flackenstien
1 minute ago, Flackenstien said:

What do you mean by theme refinement, exactly? Is his theme unclear?

since my sleep is hindered by insomnia.  Probably ability names for the most part, the visual theme is very clear without a doubt.  Although the 4 is very similar to Nidus's 4.  I'll have a better critique after some sleep.

I thought the names were all pretty thematic.  

I do see how his [4] is similar to that of Nidus, but in my mind they function differently. Honestly though, I rarely ever notice Nidus' little guys, I see his Ability as a healing room rather than drones.   
That said, I do think there is room for replacing Propagation. Right now, I want the player to be able to play stealthily or aggressively without any hitches. As it is now, Propagation's heal isn't useful when being stealthy, and maxing out the ability when playing aggressively requires spamming Pathogen and Breach. I dislike playing frames that require 2 or 3 Ability presses whenever they go near a crowd of enemies.  

Not gonna stress over it, but I'll try to think up a new effect. I'm currently working on a pottery-frame concept.. my brainstorming is occupied with that right now.   

One quick idea was some sort of fever-aura Ability that dazes any enemy near him, but will also melt the Health of those affected by his other Abilities (although less damage if they are alerted) provided they are within range of the aura. This would give him a much more relevant pay-off for stealth, while still being useful for aggro builds. It's not going to outnuke Saryn due to the reduced Range and the need to move around stealthily from group to group. The healing removed makes his passive more appetizing, and will help balance the insane stealth of Host (since it costs Health).

Edited by Flackenstien

To be honest based on the Warframes abilities you're not going to be doing much killing or controlling; just slowly supplying your team with extra damage multipliers, viral procs, and minor heals. Which I think @BlackDiamondAce was meaning by theme refinement, but I'm not going to put words in his mouth. Overall, cool idea with a nice fundamental playstyle, but sadly wouldn't fit in the fast action combat of Warframe. I understand it's a stealth Warframe but missions that require stealth, you rarely are required to kill any enemies, and in which case why play this Warframe vs Loki/Ivara. The majority of the time the enemies will be forced in an alert state and in which case this Warframe would lose a majority of his bonuses. This kind of forced playstyle and areas of the abilities that feel like they have things thrown into them for the sake of it are why the current concept turn me off.

Full Ability Review

Passive: The biggest contender for the thematic conflict, but regardless a nice easy accessible damage multiplier the the whole team can capitalize on. Orbs drop increases is another thing i appreciate and something DE should utilize more.

1: Clarification needed for how you aim the projectile, is it targeted? Or is it a skill shot? Not an important issue but something to better understand your image of the Warframe's abilities. The additional energy orb drop chance seems thrown in to me, I understand I said that I appreciate these kind of mechanics but only if there's a qualifying reason to have it and makes this ability a bit bloated. The ability to give allies Viral damage is neat but the enemy is open to finishers and 9 times out of 10 will die to the finisher, so only 1 person is getting the buff at a time unless the enemy is hit by a cleave attack that doesn't invoke the finisher. Again, the luring of enemies seems thrown in and is completely niche, the only time i see this being helpful is casting it on an enemy, hosting that enemy, and when enemies walk over i spam my abilities... that would take too long for too little reward. It could be used to distract enemies to look away from the direction you're trying to go but again Loki/Ivara/Ash could just turn invisible and ignore line of sight. Then in normal non-stealth gameplay, the enemy would just be ignored since the alertness rules change after alarms go off, highly doubt enemies would turn to their ally unable to move and check on them in the heat of battle... would be kinda funny though. The last part is a good expiration bonus always nice to have something for affected enemies you can't reach in time.

2: 8 meter tentacles is a weird specific, but I'm sure you have your reasons. Like the first ability I'm not sure how this ability is supposed to target enemies, like how many enemies? Do i shoot a limited amount of tentacles? Is it simply a point blank AoE? I like the idea of how affected enemies from the first ability cast this one as well, but seems lacking without multiple 1 affected enemies, I would suggest someway to passively spread the 1, a recast energy reduction, or a cast speed reduction for the 1 to synergize. The blind is a good tool to make enemies temporarily unalert, but the duration section might conflict since they're technically counted as unalert whenever they're blinded, even if it wouldn't conflict this should be his primer button for all of the abilities to get the full effect. The loot drop chances and laser barriers are again seeming like theyre thrown in, less so on the loot drops, but how do tentacles equal not being able to be detected by laser barriers?

3: This ability needs an additional affect, its essentially a single target Hydroid Undertow in the current state but without being untargetable. I just don't see any practical use for this kind of ability since you willingly have to take a movement penalty in a movement based game to be slightly more sneaky... the laser barrier trick would also work better here in my opinion.

4: More damage over time effects are always nice, especially if it lifesteals to nearby allies, but doubt it would get to the overhealing point during a fire fight without a heavily controlled map or damage resistant team. Also why charge it if I could just recast it without the health cost, I mean sure you would have to wait for the travel time but it's still faster than charging it.

I'm sorry if I come off as mean, but this is how i think when i come up with ideas for any games. It's good to reward certain playstyles but you still need to keep in mind how people are playing the game how your idea succeeds or fails in certain scenarios vs other established characters in the game. Yeah more stealth missions could be fun, but unfortunately with how most people play the game an idea like this would be ignored because there's simpler and more effective Warframes to play. Hope this might help you and keep continuing to come up with neat warframes ideas, have a good one :D.

in reference to @TexasRage, not exactly what I was referring to, but it hit it on the head better than I could say.  In short the theme problems was mostly to due with overlaps with other warframes, and not enough descriptions (in terms of leaving some things in the air.)

Ability review:
Passive: the only thing different here than to Nekros is that it has to be stealth kills, instead of general, and functionality wise it is the same as the Inaros healing on executions just instead for stealth kills only.  I would have debuffs be on a singular ability instead of a passive since you need to hit an ability to get it off anyway.  If I had to make one, I'd either make it buff Viral damage or modify toxin damage.

1: is this automatically aimed or does it have to be manual, and why does it feel like it is overloaded?  I would keep it simple, viral damage and a stun is all you would most likely need.

2: sounds cool on paper, but most likely will be confusing as hell in practice.  The ultimate rule is the break the ability down to its simplest concept, and work from there.  How many tentacles, in what directions, and why that distance without ranks?  It seems to me that the tentacles are really only aesthetic when it comes against the mechanics, could get away without the mess and have the same affect of mind-control(?), but without the clarity of a duration or maximum afflicted, it can become like old Saryn spores all over the map.\

3: its a good ability, but I think you are hampering it a little too much, and is there a timer or can I stay so long as I have energy?  I would say get rid of the speed penalty on host, and reduce the invulnerability time substantially.  3 seconds in warframe is long enough to tank some very meaty attacks, so one second should be its limit.

4: Ultimate abilities really aren't my strong suit, I come up with a good few ones here and then, but otherwise im not the ruling authority on it.  It looks like it works, so that's good.

Now, some more hard numbers or visuals do help aid in understanding the concept.    I think a good number to figure out are the timers, and energy cost, as well the ranks of each ability.  Abilities 1, 2, and 3 have 4 ranks, and the 4th has 3.  I hope this helps.

based on the Warframes abilities you're not going to be doing much killing or controlling; just slowly supplying your team with extra damage multipliers, viral procs, and minor heals

This Warframe is designed for stealth, but it also playable outside of it. Endoyctic Breach, for example, is an Ability that can slow and blind any enemy near him, with a chance of halving their health. This effect is quicker and longer when used stealthily, but is still effective when used aggressively. Not only that, but to answer another question, Pathogen is a targeted Ability, not an actual aimed projectile. Sorry for not clarifying. It can be used as an additional source of Breach, so you can easily tie up multiple enemies with it before popping Breach.  

This Warframe gets increased loot whole stealthing, at a faster pace than Ivara.

This kind of forced playstyle and areas of the abilities that feel like they have things thrown into them for the sake of it are why the current concept turn me off.
The additional energy orb drop chance seems thrown in to me, I understand I said that I appreciate these kind of mechanics but only if there's a qualifying reason to have it and makes this ability a bit bloated.

The theme is propagation. Viruses reproduce by taking what they lack from others. This Warframe is rewarded more for doing it stealthily, just like a virus that doesn't get a vaccine made. The extra energy is the result of the virus.  

The ability to give allies Viral damage is neat but the enemy is open to finishers and 9 times out of 10 will die to the finisher, so only 1 person is getting the buff at a time unless the enemy is hit by a cleave attack that doesn't invoke the finisher.

I went back and forth on the Finisher idea due to that issue. I wasn't sure if I wanted to play into his passive or the Viral bonus more.

Again, the luring of enemies seems thrown in and is completely niche

The Ability is another source of Breach, this allows you to affect more targets. How is this niche? It's the entire purpose of the Ability, and the kingpin of how his stealth is effective without invisibility. You don't need to be close range for your abilities, because Pathogen targets are essentially a second (third, fourth, fifth) copy of you. It will release Endocytic Breach tentacles and Propagation drones (if Propagation remains his ultimate). It doesn't lure enemies with the alarms on, but by that point you're no longer stealthing.  

8 meter tentacles is a weird specific, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

The number is arbitrary, but I wanted to stress that "close range" isn't like 15~20 meters. I left out a tentacle number because it would be another arbitrary value that ultimately would be down to playtesting. It targets similar to Trinity's Link, but it's just a quick jab to inject the enemies.     
I figure whatever amount of ground Pathogen(s) could cover with this would be enough in a stealth situation. Remember that the first Ability will likely pay for itself in the Energy orb. That's why you can continually use it. After you clean up the blinded enemies, you take out the ones that'll give you energy and refresh your bonus Viral damage for stealth attacks.   

Endocytic breaching is when a virus slips its way through the walls of a cell to get inside. The tentacles are doing that to the enemies, and the Warframe is doing that to barriers. Loots drops are not an add-on, it's the theme of the Warframe. Propagation.  

This ability needs an additional affect, its essentially a single target Hydroid Undertow in the current state but without being untargetable. I just don't see any practical use for this kind of ability since you willingly have to take a movement penalty in a movement based game to be slightly more sneaky...

Well, if it wasn't clear, this can be done at range. You can blink your way into a crowd, inflict a few with Pathogen, then pop Breach. It's a movement and stealth option that doesn't cost Energy. If you're properly stealthy, your Health shouldn't be hard to maintain for the cost. Depending on which variation of the ultimate, it can get you in range to set up massive team heals or melt the enemies away with a devastating fever. 

but doubt it would get to the overhealing point during a fire fight without a heavily controlled map or damage resistant team.

The overheal is for when you're in stealth. It's an additional barrier if things go south. Also, even in insane crowds you can get away with health untouched, so it has potential for that.  

Also why charge it if I could just recast it without the health cost, I mean sure you would have to wait for the travel time but it's still faster than charging it.

Recasting would mean you have to affect more enemies with your Abilities to get the flying drones. The walking drones, as implied by the post, are relatively slow. Also, the chargign affects the base duration, meaning duration mods would scale sharply. Who says charging it is slow? I left out the, again, arbitrary charge time, but it could be 3 seconds. Potentially much faster than popping multiple skills.  

I appreciate your honest feedback and criticisms. I think much of this is a difference in perspective. I made this Warframe, so I know how I would play it to make it rather effective. You are only getting what you make out of my post, and some of my ideas may not have been articulated in the best way. Like, I do think you're underestimating how much this Warframe requires stealth.  
I do agree that the game itself isn't exactly trying to push stealth missions, and that it makes this Warframe less desirable.