Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EquestrianWyvern

Map Generation - Plant spawn code fails inconsistently

Not 100% sure if this is a bug, but I assume I am not the unluckiest person alive...

Issue: The Map Generation code for several tilesets can fail to place any scannable plants on a map.

Observations:

1. Corpus Outpost Tileset impacted including Dark sector variant. 3/4 of missions I ran had 0 Frostleaf spawns, last mission had ~30 spawns. (1 Exterminate, 3 Excavation)
  2. Orokin Moon Tileset impacted. 2/4 of Plato runs I ran had 0 Lunar Pitcher spawns, one of the working spawn missions has ~20 Lunar Pitcher spawns.
  3. Grineer Forest Tileset does not appear to be impacted
  4. I can find no common factor in the missions where 0 plants spawned and where a normal amount of plants spawned.
  5. All observations as session host.

Glancing through the EE.log nothing was obviously wrong, but if you want I have a saved copy of an EE.log with one of the impacted Orokin Moon missions, just let me know and I will send it in.

I'm having the same problem finding frostleaf. I did 3 different corpus missions with a full squad and none of us could even find a single plant.

Found this on reddit, and indeed it seems like if you start in an indoor room, you'll get no frostleaf:

Edit: Did a few runs of Kiliken, no frostleaf. Then I kept aborting until I got an outdoor tile, and I got 84 frostleaf from that run (with booster).

Bump, because this is still a thing.

Ran two Captures and one Exterminate on Lua, same spawn tile
(broken bridge / entryway one where you have to take a detour through some cracks on the sides),
exactly zero Lunar Pitchers on the whole map and I need friggin' 50 for Seeding Steps argh why

Edit: And yep, aborting until I got a different starting tile (which only took one try, luckily)
did give me all the Pitchers I needed in that one mission (yay Resource Booster).

I can confirm this is still a problem.  I spawned twice on Lua on the broken bridge tile with the left and right paths and found zero Lunar Pitchers.  Then I started once on the inside, and once on the intact bridge, and I found 15-25 pitchers each time.