Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

The thing is poorly thought out, and it's poorly executed.

Let's start with the poorly thought out part:

• We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission (also thanks for not giving us the red text not to waste time on it, I loved spending an hour in there,getting no reward and fidning out you swapped it)
  • 5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.
  • And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

As for the poorly executed part, just look at all the bugs being reported, I won't even waste time typing those out.

It really feels as if this thing had so much potential that was wasted by devs making hasty decisions based on "OH MY GOD THIS IS GONNA BE SO COOL" instead of actually thinking about the aftermath.

• Like 10

vor 1 Minute schrieb Ax10mCRO:

We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission

YEAH! How dare they make us play with other people in an online game!

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Ax10mCRO:

And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

YEAH! If we at least had the option to play a mission solo!

• Like 26

8 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:
  • 5000 standing for profit orb with friends or clanmates (again that wonderful thing) locked behind rank 5 of SU standing, locked behind a standing cap based on my MR, you practically gave the middle finger to a lot of your playerbase right there.

The Profit Taker wasn't introduced last week.
It was there for weeks. If you couldn't bother to rank up with SU in all that time, then that's on you...

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:

which then were changed as seen yesterday when they messed up the 40 wave defense mission

It was just an UI bug though.

I last played yesterday at 5pm UTC (which is about 17 hrs ago, Hotfix dropped 12hrs ago) and I remember I had 30 Eximus killed and counted without being in Nightwave

16 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:
  • And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

You play Syndicate missions with other people? 😕

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

It was there for weeks. If you couldn't bother to rank up with SU in all that time, then that's on you...

I do if they taught me to "we will introduce 1-week only PT missions later, be sure to grind it!"

I didn't expected such stupid literally impossible(for some person, there is always a person who not maxed out some syndicate, especially if that is not normal syndicate that you can farm passively) thing.

Well, i was lucky and i got it anyway though.

Edited by Test-995

I have seen many posts on why Nightwave was bad that I agree with as at least valid points. These are none of those.

Friends or clanmates. Make an actual friend, make a TEMPORARY friend. There is no time limit on that.

Profit taker has been out for months now. Fortuna for even longer. We also had a hydrolyst challenge in week one. You. Had. Time.

Yes somewhat annoying at most. Solo or group up before the mission for a week.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

I do if they taught me to "we will introduce 1-week only PT missions later, be sure to grind it!"

I didn't expected such stupid literally impossible(for some person, there is always a person who not maxed out some syndicate, especially if that is not normal syndicate that you can farm passively) thing.

Well, i was lucky and i got it anyway though.

As soon as there was a "Kill/Capture the Hydrolyst" during the first Nightwave, people should have thought that Profit Taker and Exploiter Orb would be possibilities, thus they should have worked toward unlocking these access.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

As soon as there was a "Kill/Capture the Hydrolyst" during the first Nightwave, people should have thought that Profit Taker and Exploiter Orb would be possibilities, thus they should have worked toward unlocking these access.

Oh yes, despite hydrolyst is perfectly not time-gated, it's still same thing because both are raid-ish boss for Openworld style maps.

• Like 1

Yes, how dare they introduce a system in which you can set goals for yourself over the weeks! We don't need no goals! We don't need no challenges that can be overcome and when mistakes are made they should stay that way without any fixes! 

Elite challenges? No way! if my MR 0 character can't do it in 20 minutes it's a horrible gate and it is unacceptable! 

I don't want to play a game! A just want to win it! 

*in case I was too subtle that's sarcasm*

Edited by 0_The_F00l
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

YEAH! How dare they make us play with other people in an online game!

There's a difference between playing with other people and playing with specific other people, you should learn it. Besides, this is a complaint I've seen quite often, it's clearly not something that bothers only me

35 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

So basically OP, you're complaining that you have to do Defense and Profit Orb with other players and yet you're also complaining that other players won't help you in Syndicates so you can leech? 

Just LOL

Who said anything about leeching? I just said people rush through the thing without bothering to pick up items that give standing. It's a matter of people doing syndicate missions for the wrong reasons and not for the syndicate standing it gives. They force an extraction by the time I found 3-4 pickups.

37 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

Friends or clanmates. Make an actual friend, make a TEMPORARY friend..

Temporary friends kinda defeat the entire point of having friends, doesn't it? If you have to work AROUND a system it's a bad system.

44 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

It was just an UI bug though.

I last played yesterday at 5pm UTC (which is about 17 hrs ago, Hotfix dropped 12hrs ago) and I remember I had 30 Eximus killed and counted without being in Nightwave

Except it wasn't just a UI bug, I was in the mission (spent at least an hour on it) got 0 Nightwave standing, checked my objective list, see a 100 eximus mission with progress 0/100.

The UI bug was for the 3 waves on index thing (can't confirm because I didn't do that one yet)

It would be nice if they actually popped a red text in the game saying "don't bother doing this, it's bugged, we'll fix it soon".

3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I don't want to play a game! A just want to win it! 

Yes yes, Warframe is totally not a game where you can do content freely without thinking much of time limit and just do same things that you like, instead you have to do some specific things that you completely hate and that is definitely how game should be played.

Just now, Ax10mCRO said:

Temporary friends kinda defeat the entire point of having friends, doesn't it? If you have to work AROUND a system it's a bad system.

Not really though. I'm pretty sure most of the warframe community is part of clans with whom they can do those missions or made a few friends in their time. So it would be no issue to the majority of the playerbase.

1 hour ago, Ax10mCRO said:

And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

It's been like that forever. Not everyone find it worth the time looking through the entire map for medallions. Go solo if you want to look for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

It's not there for weeks, just 1 week only. And supposed that OP was MR26 and he had daily 26000 SU standings cap everyday (and free time). 26000 x 7 = 182000 if he tried to maximize cap everyday. Meanwhile, in order to reach Rank 5 SU, we need 5000 + 22000 + 44000 + 70000 + 99000 = 240000. Is this really on him ? Unless there's a way to earn more than 26000 SU standings each day that I didn't know. And I'm assuming that OP didn't care about SU due to reasons.

Btw this is just the first stage of Nightwave and I just hope the Wolf cred would never go expired because this is just absurd. I just imagine myself in a case, that when I had nothing to buy and I just accumulated Wolf cred, like 150, to expect something nice on the store. And next day, boom ! My wolf cred all gone ! Or I'll just bomb all of the creds into Nitain Extract, waiting hopelessly for something that required like 300 Nitain to craft, lol...

Wolf cred is a thing you must work hard to obtain. So I'm really afraid of the expiration.

Edited by Diangelius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ax10mCRO said:

We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates" which "can't be changed by DE" which then were changed as seen yesterday ...

• We aren't forced. They only one forcing anything is "you" and "yourself"
  • Maybe that's because the consoles have received their update in the meantime and they're now more free in what they can change? Just a thought.

Also, as mentioned: this sounds like it belongs in feedback.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Yes yes, Warframe is totally not a game where you can do content freely without thinking much of time limit and just do same things that you like, instead you have to do some specific things that you completely hate and that is definitely how game should be played.

Exactly, there should be absolutely no changes to the game, it should be one big sense of achievement and everything should come to me just cause I logged into the game! There should not be any optional things, because I might dislike them! Everyone should be grateful I even login! I should be getting rewards while I sleep! 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Ax10mCRO:

Besides, this is a complaint I've seen quite often, it's clearly not something that bothers only me

Yeah, it bothers players who don't have friends.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Airwolfen:

And this is the reason, why you don't have friends.

These challenges are supposed to act as an icebreaker in your group. If you have something like this it's a lot more likely that a real conversation starts as opposed to a mission where everybody just rushes the marker and shoots until everything stopped moving without saying anything.

It's technically the same as talking about the weather.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:

There's a difference between playing with other people and playing with specific other people, you should learn it. Besides, this is a complaint I've seen quite often, it's clearly not something that bothers only me

Who said anything about leeching? I just said people rush through the thing without bothering to pick up items that give standing. It's a matter of people doing syndicate missions for the wrong reasons and not for the syndicate standing it gives. They force an extraction by the time I found 3-4 pickups.

Except it wasn't just a UI bug, I was in the mission (spent at least an hour on it) got 0 Nightwave standing, checked my objective list, see a 100 eximus mission with progress 0/100.

The UI bug was for the 3 waves on index thing (can't confirm because I didn't do that one yet)

It would be nice if they actually popped a red text in the game saying "don't bother doing this, it's bugged, we'll fix it soon".

- you can still do the syndicate missions solo, or find other people in recruit chat that also wanna do the same challenge, this is hardly a valid point 

- no, it doesn’t defeat the point, that’s actually the main point of it. They want you to make friends. Completing this is as easy as going to chat, finding a group that wants to do the same thing then joining them and sending them FRs and they’ll send you some too, then the next time the friend act comes you have friends in your list that can help 

That’s the main point, not asking pre-made friends or your clan  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:

That still implies playing with other players yet you're complaining about challenges with other players. Which is just dumb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walkampf said:

Yeah, it bothers players who don't have friends.

And this is the reason, why you don't have friends.

These challenges are supposed to act as an icebreaker in your group. If you have something like this it's a lot more likely that a real conversation starts as opposed to a mission where everybody just rushes the marker and shoots until everything stopped moving without saying anything.

It's technically the same as talking about the weather.

Something went wrong in your quoting there 😉

But yes, I do agree.