Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

Lol.

I have no SU standing, dont like the map. 

I am still MR 16, have been for montgs cause I could not be bothered with the RNG of test 17.

I will at some point get SU standing, currently finishing off POE, but its meh.

Playing less since alerts stopped as there is no casual drop in for a few feel.

2 hours ago, ludo3009 said:

Thought I like that the game makes me go where I never go or I stopped going by myself, like apothics or nightmare missions.

Seriously this.  I finaly got Growing Power yesterday because of the silver grove act.  I've skipped a few acts also that I didnt want to do and dont feel like I've gimped my overall progress because of it, knowing theres a little leeway.  People are either lazy and dont want to do most of it.  Or were alway lazy and dont have the frames/weapons/mods to do most of it.  Or there the ones who just started and should be more worried about opening up the star chart, doing quests and growing ther arsenal, frames and mod collection to get ready for more advanced gameplay.

When I first started I didnt complain about how I couldn't do raids or sorties at that time.  Even when I had them available to me.  I new I wasnt ready so I waited till I was.  The rewards in nightwave are most likely on a rotation and will come back around later in a different season.  People just like to overreact.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:

Anyway I'm done bothering, keep defending everything the devs do and enjoy the half-assed solutions you get.

In other words, "Very few people are as upset as I am, therefore they're all fanboys and can't be reasoned with."

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Ax10mCRO said:

Meanwhile so many of you have pointed out that DE wants us to make friends and socialize by forcing the friend/clan requirement but at the same time go "hurr durr you should just play solo".

The syndicate challenge doesn't require a friend or clanmate to beat it and you're whining about people rushing through them in public games. So the solution is "Play Solo" 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ax10mCRO said:

Well that's nice honey, but you completely missed the point.

According to you it's absolutely fine that syndicate missions which are used to farm syndicate standing are now being rushed through without any regard for their primary role?

And instead of fixing this issue the solution is to play solo?

Meanwhile so many of you have pointed out that DE wants us to make friends and socialize by forcing the friend/clan requirement but at the same time go "hurr durr you should just play solo".

How about this? How about the people who are not trying to farm standing in a mission designed for farming standing go play solo instead of ruining it for others?

Anyway I'm done bothering, keep defending everything the devs do and enjoy the half-assed solutions you get.

Last I checked you get syndicate standing for completing a syndicate mission no matter how fast. Perhaps you don't but many of us have thousands of medallions and don't care about finding all of them in each mission.

I agree with the dislike for the "forced" friend/clan thing. Why? Because it actually brings nothing to the gameplay experience, it is the most pointless addition of pointless additions I've ever seen.

It is just a tedious thing that serves no purpose except some words added to a chat. You join a mission then go "Anyone mind if I add them to friends for nightwave?" and you get one of the following answers "Sure go ahead", "I dont mind", "Add me" or "Added you", then of course you have the few times where the chat is dead silent instead.

What exactly is the point of it? What exactly does it add that makes the mission "elite" or what kinda layer does it add to the mission?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blackwolfe said:

It's been like that forever. Not everyone find it worth the time looking through the entire map for medallions. Go solo if you want to look for them. 

Not gonna mince any words, this attitude bugs me.  If you want to rush through a syndicate mission without finding medallions YOU should play solo.

It makes far more sense to have a team of 3-4 people all searching for medallions than that same team simply rushing through content that can be handled with ease by the majority of players.  Syndicate missions -enemies and objectives- are easy, so I'm sure you can handle rushing through it alone.  The harder more time-consuming part is finding medallions, which is made quicker by a team.

People joining public syndicate games ought to expect that most players will want to find at least say.. 6 out of 8 medallions.  If you don't like it, if you're in a hurry, do it by yourself.

5 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

The syndicate challenge doesn't require a friend or clanmate to beat it and you're whining about people rushing through them in public games. So the solution is "Play Solo" 

4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Last I checked you get syndicate standing for completing a syndicate mission no matter how fast. Perhaps you don't but many of us have thousands of medallions and don't care about finding all of them in each mission.

Please see my reply to Blackwolfe above.  Your attitude astounds me.  If you want to rush through easy content for Nightwave requirements, do it by yourself!  If you join a public syndicate game, maybe just maybe the players have the intelligence to think "finding 6-8 medallions will be a lot faster with 3 other players helping me" and will expect or at least hope that you won't rush to extraction.

• Like 1

It as has been executed poorly the more down the line it went, the more the challenges didn't compute with what it is trying to replace and doesn't make up for ( for new people ) the lack of resources that randomly popped up that helped me out back in the day when I was new.

The concept works, it's just not going smoothly as it could have and it started turning me against it. I don't agree with there being any "elite" challenges because... why? We have other things for people in the game already to be challenged by and I don't like the idea of doing some insanely boring lengthy challenge and getting rewarded pennies for it or in this case just speeding up when you get rewards by a tiny fraction.

Challenges like having you gild things/forma things and soon enough fishing ( in the plains. I think fortuna fishing is fine because it uses standing to get the bait rather than resources ) also expose the lack of vision and or thought put into it.

I'd be fine if all the challenges were very basic kill ___ enemies, kill enemies using ___ element. Things you can do as you play and complete at your leisure without requiring you find a friend or clan-mate. 

Oh yeah and asking us to forma 3 things after being gifted 3 forma imp is just bad form. It also is geared too much in their favor to ask us to do something that can be completed by spending plat if you don't have forma for whatever reason. Sorry DE, I don't trust you but I don't trust anyone regarding these things. Please steer it away from that from now on.

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

1 hour ago, Agamemnicon said:

Not gonna mince any words, this attitude bugs me.  If you want to rush through a syndicate mission without finding medallions YOU should play solo.

It makes far more sense to have a team of 3-4 people all searching for medallions than that same team simply rushing through content that can be handled with ease by the majority of players.  Syndicate missions -enemies and objectives- are easy, so I'm sure you can handle rushing through it alone.  The harder more time-consuming part is finding medallions, which is made quicker by a team.

People joining public syndicate games ought to expect that most players will want to find at least say.. 6 out of 8 medallions.  If you don't like it, if you're in a hurry, do it by yourself.

I do agree with this, though partially. I'm the type of person who likes to find all medallions most of the time, but sometimes I can't be bothered and I just rush it. So either way I still solo Syndicate missions no matter what. If I want medallions I'll solo because I don't want rushers to waste my medallions. If I want to rush I'll solo because I don't want to ruin other people's search for medallions.

In the end it's mostly about the essence of PUGs really. If one is to be considered more correct then I'd go for "Teamplay is for searching, solo is for rushing". However whenever one enters one of these missions with randoms there's no guarantee about what they'll do, and as such, for both cases, some times the best is really to go to recruit or solo. Unfortunately there's little we can do to prevent this, and we don't have much power over other players play style.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Test-995 said:

Yes yes, Warframe is totally not a game where you can do content freely without thinking much of time limit and just do same things that you like, instead you have to do some specific things that you completely hate and that is definitely how game should be played.

Yeah no time limit is how it’s been since 2016 when they stopped doing operations  as much there were about 6 exclusive operations in 2014 and you only had a week for them too

Even though most of the event rewards got re-released they did it after a while like  no less than 6 months

Also you don’t have to do nightwave it just depends if you think rewards outweigh how much it sucks 

Edited by (PS4)thecoolman575

The thing that irks me is so many people getting their stomachs in a knot over friends/clan mate stipulations. Yes, I know there are solo players out there. Warframe at it's core is a co-op loot-shooter. It always will have that at its core. If I have to play with anyone, I'd rather play with friends and clan mates over randoms because I have some horror stories I could share about PUGs. But Nightwave isn't a failure simply because of the complaints the OP stated.

It's not a failure but it also isn't perfect. Nightwave needs substantial adjustments. But the only way DE are gonna know and try to consider and implement any changes is to 1) post in feedback and 2) Don't just say "This sucks, get rid of it/change it back". Think out some alternatives, type them up and post them in that feedback thread. Stuff like that has an impact even if they don't use it... it gets put out there and it lingers in their minds. (Look at how Titania can now benefit from Aviator after all this time.)

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, (PS4)thecoolman575 said:

Yeah no time limit is how it’s been since 2016 when they stopped doing operations  as much there were about 6 exclusive operations in 2014 and you only had a week for them too

Even though most of the event rewards got re-released they did it after a while like  no less than 6 months

Also you don’t have to do nightwave it just depends if you think rewards outweigh how much it sucks 

Challenges are not that sucks, because it's not like "Do ESO 40zone" or "Do index 1 hour".

It's definitely doable, but just not that fun for bunch of people (and rewards are too shiny... so you are basically forced to do it, especially for newbie who doesn't have enough gear, you could say there is raid sortie eidolon and such, but ayatan or some trash arcane is NOT that shiny as 3 forma/slot/catalyst and you can easily reach that point without thinking about time limit).

Rolls out the Worlds Smallest Violin Orchestra. No one is forcing you to do anything of this, its on you and your choices. If you find that your "suffering" then stop doing what makes you unhappy. Do what is within your means to do so and maybe not run some missions on public. Bug will happen and if you find them then add them to the pile, we all dream of DE getting form of QA but till then you can accept it and move or go the route you chosen ~ whine on the forum about it

29 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

Rolls out the Worlds Smallest Violin Orchestra. No one is forcing you to do anything of this, its on you and your choices. If you find that your "suffering" then stop doing what makes you unhappy. Do what is within your means to do so and maybe not run some missions on public. Bug will happen and if you find them then add them to the pile, we all dream of DE getting form of QA but till then you can accept it and move or go the route you chosen ~ whine on the forum about it

Let me take that violin and crush it....

The entire point of Nightwave is to get players to do certain things. Using that nice little carrot at the end of the stick. Oh, and a bit of psychology added to to make you feel like you're missing out if you don't do it. On top of nonstop reminders from Nora.

1 hour ago, Agamemnicon said:

Please see my reply to Blackwolfe above.  Your attitude astounds me.  If you want to rush through easy content for Nightwave requirements, do it by yourself!  If you join a public syndicate game, maybe just maybe the players have the intelligence to think "finding 6-8 medallions will be a lot faster with 3 other players helping me" and will expect or at least hope that you won't rush to extraction.

What astounds me is that you feel you have the right to govern how other people play the game in a PUB match. If you need help finding syndicate medallions you need to practice, simple as that. It's not hard and if you choose to go into a pub game you run the gauntlet of how people enjoy playing the game. I do every syndicate mission solo because it's faster, I find every medallion solo because it's faster than having to double back for ones someone else marks or when one person finds 2 further along but can only leave one marker etc. So there is no reason other than to speed up a defense mission, to run in a group and the medallions are in fixed locations on defense tiles.

Edited by Zilchy

13 hours ago, Ax10mCRO said:

And now we got syndicate missions RUINED by people who simply rush through them without looking for insignias/marks because "hurr durr, gotta do my 10 missions for Nghtwave."

Quit being a big baby, go solo if you don't want people to mess with your mission

8 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

In other words, "Very few people are as upset as I am, therefore they're all fanboys and can't be reasoned with."

I would argue that there are a lot of folks not happy about this, but they aren't posting on the forums.  They just stop playing.  My wife complains about this all the time, but she's not posting on the forums about her displeasure.  She just doesn't play, or plays very little.  It would be interesting to see how many players actually do these Nightwave challenges versus those who don't.

10 hours ago, Ax10mCRO said:

Well that's nice honey, but you completely missed the point.

According to you it's absolutely fine that syndicate missions which are used to farm syndicate standing are now being rushed through without any regard for their primary role?

And instead of fixing this issue the solution is to play solo?

How about this? How about the people who are not trying to farm standing in a mission designed for farming standing go play solo instead of ruining it for others?

Easy guy, just because you yourself like to piss and moan that you don't like Nightwave doesnt mean everyone agrees. Sorry we don't all like to do the brain dead alerts like you, where it requires no effort whatsoever. Thats mostly the problem with Nightwave, people are angry because they actually have to work at it, instead of essentially having rewards just come to you. Yes its not perfect (as yesterday would tell you) but it isn't a failure, and its not even over yet. With all this moaning and crying and complaining your doing, you're gonna miss out on the umbral forma.

Edited by (PS4)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

Easy guy, just because you yourself like to piss and moan that you don't like Nightwave doesnt mean everyone agrees. Sorry we don't all like to do the brain dead alerts like you, where it requires no effort whatsoever. Thats mostly the problem with Nightwave, people are angry because they actually have to work at it, instead of essentially having rewards just come to you. Yes its not perfect (as yesterday would tell you) but it isn't a failure, and its not even over yet. With all this moaning and crying and complaining your doing, you're gonna miss out on the umbral forma.

I'm starting to see it as a means of removing cry babies from the game and that's a good thing.

Well, we're now on week 5 without Corrosive Projection. Maybe next week? Save your credits? Player choice?

I wouldn't mind the "with friends" challenges as much if the game wasn't already so easy to body-slam solo. The game's balance is not doing this any favors. Outside the Survival challenge where you need more people just to have enough spawns to finish it. That's not harder. It's just more dead bodies.

I'm not really a fan of Nightwave in its implementation. I enjoy the idea but the time limits and restrictions placed on the store bring it to a grand ole' "meh" to me. I'm giving the first season the benefit of the doubt but I'm not too optimistic about it changing my mind.

Just now, ArcKnight9202 said:

I wouldn't mind the "with friends" challenges as much if the game wasn't already so easy to body-slam solo. The game's balance is not doing this any favors. Outside the Survival challenge where you need more people just to have enough spawns to finish it. That's not harder. It's just more dead bodies.

The Kuva survival 1 hour was also doable solo.