Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's time for me to leave Warframe, my gaming home for the last 6 years. I just want to say thank you, deeply.

Sir_Alex_Traffo

Well, I was planning to do a super long post featuring the personal highlights of these 6 years of Warframe, but I ended up thinking I'll never have the time to write such thing, and I really wanted to write something.

Warframe has been an incredible journey for me, I remember when I started playing in April 2013 and looking at the game now it's shocking to see how much has changed.

Stll, the potential was there, you could feel it, that's why I am so proud to have been a Founder.

Warframe also gave me back a lot, I really feel like it has been my gaming home for all these years, it's hard to describe with words what the game meant to me and how it made me feel; being a Tenno really felt like being a part of a big family, and that's clearly because DE wanted us to feel that way in the first place, they've been always here, both in the good and bad times, discussing with us, having fun with us, arguing with us. Like a real family.

Sadly, I feel like it's time for me to go and leave home: 6 years ago I had a girlfriend and a part time job. Now I am married with 2 daughters, full time job.

Lately, Warframe became bigger and bigger, always more ambitious, but that also meant that updates were bigger and way less frequent: this led me to feel uncomfortable, as there was too much content dropping like a bomb and I didn't have time to deal with it, while in the first years there were small updates every week I could enjoy with little time.

Now instead, I am sadly in a situation where I just wanted to "get rid" of the new content asap to avoid being left behind and that's just wrong; not blaming Warframe of course, the game has changed and my life has changed too. Like a real family, it's probably just time for me to leave the nest.

I'll be honest trying to avoid being over dramatic, but it hurts. It really does. I feel like I need to leave and just forget about Warframe for a while because looking back would be painful. In a good way though, it'd be painful because of the memories and because of the love I have for this game. Like a real family, I guess.

I'm not leaving to play "X" game, because I am upset and Warframe, the devs or whatever. I'm leaving because it's time.

All I want to say is thank you. I love Warframe, I love DE, I love how the game made me feel for the past years. There's no game that I'll remember with more affection than Warframe.

It wasn't obviously all unicorns and rainbows, of course, there were good times and bad ones(someone said Detron and Hema?), but the first outshine the others by a huge margin. Like a real family.

Thank you so much, Digital Extreme, for making such a game and being so open with your community. One of my biggest dreams would have been to meet you all at a Tennocon, but it's quite hard to plan from Italy in my current RL state. So I guess I'll stick to a virtual handshake(a hug maybe?). You've come a long way since the closed beta, stay awesome and keep on doing the amazing work.

Thank you to the community as well! The best gaming community around, period. "BuT iT's PvE blablabla". Screw that, PvE or not it doesn't change the fact that despite everything the Tenno are simply awesome.

A special thank goes to @[DE]Rebecca , of course, your work for the community has been simply outstanding.

Enjoy Warframe you all, and thank you once again!

siralextraffo.png?width=609&height=609

As a side note, I'll do one last giveaway, the last "Let me buy that for you", I was dreaming to reach the 100th, instead I guess I'll stop at 62; I have 20k plat left, I'll just burn them all with as many winners as those can grant.

Look forward to it soon!

Edited by Sir_Alex_Traffo
  • Like 31

Another founder leaves the game.

Happy you enjoyed your 6 years of this game, hopefully you might want to come back eventually (for new quests or something), best of luck on your daily life, and who knows, maybe you will pass down your Tenno glory to one of your children if Warframe is still alive by then. XD

Best of luck.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Sadly, I feel like it's time for me to go and leave home: 6 years ago I had a girlfriend and a part time job. Now I am married with 2 daughters, full time job.

:thumbup::angel: you have spoken with your hearth

For that much respect 

Wish you the best with everything in life 

Be an proud parrent and be good for the soulmate next to you

From my part as an long player i gonna miss you

you where an part of this community all these years 

and you will stay that way

Many greetz from an friendly :highfive:

To be honest... no one will actually cry... you will be just replaced with someone else 🙂

It's not a rant or something... I'm just saying, the hard fact. No one is irreplaceable. There are plenty players here, some still plays, some leave, no matter what reason. the game will exist after you or someone else leave the game.

The game will exist until new players will come. In fact the game doesn't care about you, me, them, us. The game care about those new players. The game doesn't care about veterans... they got everything, which means they won't spend their money unless they really want. Yes the game care about your money. And this is it. And it's natural. It's free but you spend money here, no matter what you want, you spend money. And the money you spend are for devs and their work. And it's OK. We know that, we agree with that.

But what about you? Why leaving instead of reduce?

I understand that family is a full time job. I got my own familly too. I got job, I got responsibilities. That doesn't mean I cant use my free time in game when everything else is done. Wife gone sleep or so... kids are already sleeping... and I'm not. So what do I do? I play the game. Because I have time for that.

Ah, shame to see you go. Was nice to see another keen Lato/Skana Prime user and enjoyed playing with you in LR.

Part of my mind is wondering what you're doing with the Skana/Lato rivens though 🤔

Edited by Valiant

You could have as well just taken a break instead of leaving for good. Knew some people that right now arent active as well, some that also didnt played for a year and returned. Who knows, if we are all lucky maybe warframe will even be there if your kids grow up and start playing it themselves.

Wouldnt have said "goodbye forever"

If im one day maybe doing a break for longer i wont post in forums about it, i will just leave and might come back one day or just dont.

Is it said that some gamers (yes i mean myself... with no life) count some parts in their life on the games they played at that time?

Well, i dont say goodbye to you, i say:

Maybe see you in another game or one day back in this one. You always meet at least twice in life one way or another.

Anyways, enjoy your real life, not the second one you got here, as long as you got reasons to enjoy it (which you may have from what you write here)

I'm a new player (and poster) but I've experienced a few other big f2p titles and I don't think I've ever read a goodbye thread as eloquent or heartfelt. I understand that you have your reasons and I admire your resolve, though I'd be tempted to scale back my ambition rather than push to always be ahead when the new content drops. That's easy for me to say though, I've got 6 years to make up before that becomes a concern!

All the best for whatever the future brings you, I hope to one day bump into you in a mission regardless. 🥗*

* That was supposed to be a salute but the emotes installed on this forum only had 'salad' so .. uh .. I hope you have a nice lettuce ... 🤔

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

To be honest... no one will actually cry... you will be just replaced with someone else 🙂

It's not a rant or something... I'm just saying, the hard fact. No one is irreplaceable. There are plenty players here, some still plays, some leave, no matter what reason. the game will exist after you or someone else leave the game.

That's absolutely true and my hope too, my post was mainly because after all these years I just felt like a big thank you was needed, that's it. ☺️

• Like 2

I'll be honest, I looked at the title and was hoping for another "I'm leaving cuz game's bad and I dun like it but I'll be back tomorrow cuz I just want attention" post but then I read the whole thing.

Didn't know you but wish ya the best good sir, have a good life and remember you'll always be a Tenno at heart.

Who knows, maybe one day you'll teach your kids the art of gun and blade while cruising the Origin System for loot again.

Thanks for the work you've done for the community.

11 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

I'll be honest, I looked at the title and was hoping for another "I'm leaving cuz game's bad and I dun like it but I'll be back tomorrow cuz I just want attention" post but then I read the whole thing.

You expect the worst then *bam* onion ninjas.

• Like 1

Dang, I'll miss seeing the occasional threads from you. Since this is one of the last times you'll be on here I would like to thank you again for the Nezha three years ago on the week 10 giveaway ;u;

Edited by Xico.xide
typo

1 hour ago, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

I just wanted ... to avoid being left behind

Sad to see you go, though it's been a long time I see you in clan chat. As a side, I think if you can get rid of the mentality of the above sentence, you might not have to leave afterall. 🙂

Sir Alex

When i have joined Warframe back in September 2013 you have helped me many times in my questions

via forum and have met you also ingame and was fun playing with you.

Also we have met a little at The  Division at that time leave you with 1 daughter now i see you

have a second and wishing them both health happiness and luck.  

Its sad  to hear this news  but i understand i have a daughter too.

So i wish you health and all the best to you and your family

John from Greece

Edited by JoMenton

You know OP, I'm in the same boat you are with many blessings. A amazing Wife of 18 years, a really good job I love, 2 daughters that are my world and little time to play.  But I still play tons of games, just extremely casually. There are times I only play WF maybe 30 min a week. 

That said, see you when New War drops. tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

Im curious as to who will inherit the founder pack of yours, surely it would be a waste of excalibur prime and all that jazz if its not gonna be used anymore right? 

Unless ofc youre planning to come back someday, maybe you can just disregard most of the updates and only go for the main story quest? Its simpler that way. 

1 hour ago, JoMenton said:

Sir Alex

When i have joined Warframe back in September 2013 you have helped me many times in my questions

via forum and have met you also ingame and was fun playing with you.

Also we have met a little at The  Division at that time leave you with 1 daughter now i see you

have a second and wishing them both health happiness and luck.  

Its sad  to hear this news  but i understand i have a daughter too.

So i wish you health and all the best to you and your family

John from Greece

Man, I remember you! Great times, have fun and good luck with everything!

I've seen you around on the forum, never really knew you, but I respect a veteran. I know the struggle of having a family, a full time job and multiple responsibilities. I only get to play about an hour a day when everyone is sleeping. Take care and all the best to you and your family. 👌