Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)ForNoPurpose

Revenant: Enthrall badly bugged.

Recommended Posts

So before the last update i uploaded a video out lining the various bugs that enthrall suffers.

Today i finally pulled myself away from Hildryn and did a few runs to see if any of his standing issues were addressed.

It would seem that indeed, none of his common bugs have been addressed, and that the small "buff" to enthrall has actually created several new bugs.

 

This is... was one of my favorite frames DE. Now the only way to play him is to exclusively use mesmer skin and danse.

All this on a 6 month old frame..

Please fix Revenant.

Also why is there no "Frames and abilities" section of bug reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Looks beyond repair. Better replace it.

Seriously though, I still can't belive how hard they messed him up considering the circumstances of his theme. An eidolon themed frame should have been a god-dammned no-brainer something somewhat similar to mesa, but way tankier while less damaging.

Admittedly, his 2 is somewhat fitting (but that's more of an accident than a purposeful design choice), and his 4 only exists as a result of Steve being just as miffed and confused by the initial showcase as the playerbase was. 

I already said it a couple months ago, but it bares repeating : Revenant should've been a straight, bumpless Road to greatness, one filled with lasers, explosions and eidolon noises. But what did we get instead?

A mess. A bland, boring, disappointing, unoriginal mess. He didn't need some weird ''affliction'' theme, thralls, or the ability to turn into mist. He should've been simple, powerful and satisfying to use. He could've been more than just abother forgotten joke, but here we are. 

And ALL of it was because someone wanted a vampire, to the extent where they were fine with butchering existing assets to fit their vision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnLemon123 said:

Seriously though, I still can't belive how hard they messed him up considering the circumstances of his theme. An eidolon themed frame should have been a god-dammned no-brainer something somewhat similar to mesa, but way tankier while less damaging.

Admittedly, his 2 is somewhat fitting (but that's more of an accident than a purposeful design choice), and his 4 only exists as a result of Steve being just as miffed and confused by the initial showcase as the playerbase was. 

I already said it a couple months ago, but it bares repeating : Revenant should've been a straight, bumpless Road to greatness, one filled with lasers, explosions and eidolon noises. But what did we get instead?

A mess. A bland, boring, disappointing, unoriginal mess. He didn't need some weird ''affliction'' theme, thralls, or the ability to turn into mist. He should've been simple, powerful and satisfying to use. He could've been more than just abother forgotten joke, but here we are. 

And ALL of it was because someone wanted a vampire, to the extent where they were fine with butchering existing assets to fit their vision. 

Well, someone hates Revenant I can tell that much. Now, I haven't experienced these bug whilst playing Rev but i do agree we should take off the Danse killing pillars after all the pillars give free enthralls as well. Rev is not the best desgined from a lore aspect, however, hos gameplay speaks for itself. He can one shot anything in the game, but I'm not going to waste my breath explaining the build for it or the playstyle. Most people just love to hate a frame and leave at that and it is always the ones that have the most potential. It is just asinine but I no longer have the will to actually argue back so I'll just let y'all have you time to whine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well, someone hates Revenant I can tell that much. Now, I haven't experienced these bug whilst playing Rev but i do agree we should take off the Danse killing pillars after all the pillars give free enthralls as well. Rev is not the best desgined from a lore aspect, however, hos gameplay speaks for itself. He can one shot anything in the game, but I'm not going to waste my breath explaining the build for it or the playstyle. Most people just love to hate a frame and leave at that and it is always the ones that have the most potential. It is just asinine but I no longer have the will to actually argue back so I'll just let y'all have you time to whine.

I dont see how anyone can miss these bugs considering they occur 100% of the time with some of them. I never see pillars do contact damage when not hosting, and the fact they do have that damage when hosting only confirms its a bug.

Fact is i have provided enough proof of these bugs that it feels like a lost cause as there has been 0 acknowledgment by DE that they even exist. This is with plenty of other topics pointing out these issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well, someone hates Revenant I can tell that much. Now, I haven't experienced these bug whilst playing Rev but i do agree we should take off the Danse killing pillars after all the pillars give free enthralls as well. Rev is not the best desgined from a lore aspect, however, hos gameplay speaks for itself. He can one shot anything in the game, but I'm not going to waste my breath explaining the build for it or the playstyle. Most people just love to hate a frame and leave at that and it is always the ones that have the most potential. It is just asinine but I no longer have the will to actually argue back so I'll just let y'all have you time to whine.

It's not hate, but disappointment. I was looking forward to an eidolon-themed frame from the moment they showed off his in-game model, only to have those expectations shattered from the moment his abilities were shown. 

Besides, I'm keenly aware of how he works, as my current build for him fits about 260 % strength. On top of that, I've played revenant more than I have any other frame, and can still say beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is one of, if not THE worst - designed frame in the game, as he's one of the only examples of a frames whose abilities actively work against one another.

Also, genuine complaints aren't ''whining''. I'd hate to put you in a box (despite you yourself gladly assuming me to be ''another hater'') but that kind of attitude would lead me to believe you're one of ''those'' people that believe DE can do no wrong, and that any and all criticism is born of entitlement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On PC I have only noticed one issue that I swear I didn't get before which is enemies randomly being made into allies (the reticle turns blue) when my Enthrall is active and cannot be damaged until I use Enthrall on them. So they aren't thralls, and I think other people can damage them, but I definitely cannot. Other issues may or may not occur but if they do I don't notice them since it must not bother me. I also haven't checked to see if this only happens if I am or am not hosting, but it seems to happen pretty much every time I run Hydron. I personally love Enthrall, I built my Revenant for Duration and I just start killing thralls when they hit 6-7. All of Revenant's abilities work together in my opinion. Reave gives back shields and health from thralls, Mesmer Skin makes making thralls easier, and Danse Macabre makes overshields out of thralls. Furthermore you can use Reave to get around while using Danse for cheaper, which sounds pretty good to me. So I don't really see those as "working against one another" but if Danse does kill pillars I could see that as an arguement, but it does enough damage itself that I don't really think it matters, you're going to have to make new thralls anyway. I would like to see the allied unit bug go away as that surely isn't intended but it's ultimately just an annoyance in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andros-Fenrir said:

On PC I have only noticed one issue that I swear I didn't get before which is enemies randomly being made into allies (the reticle turns blue) when my Enthrall is active and cannot be damaged until I use Enthrall on them. So they aren't thralls, and I think other people can damage them, but I definitely cannot. Other issues may or may not occur but if they do I don't notice them since it must not bother me. I also haven't checked to see if this only happens if I am or am not hosting, but it seems to happen pretty much every time I run Hydron. I personally love Enthrall, I built my Revenant for Duration and I just start killing thralls when they hit 6-7. All of Revenant's abilities work together in my opinion. Reave gives back shields and health from thralls, Mesmer Skin makes making thralls easier, and Danse Macabre makes overshields out of thralls. Furthermore you can use Reave to get around while using Danse for cheaper, which sounds pretty good to me. So I don't really see those as "working against one another" but if Danse does kill pillars I could see that as an arguement, but it does enough damage itself that I don't really think it matters, you're going to have to make new thralls anyway. I would like to see the allied unit bug go away as that surely isn't intended but it's ultimately just an annoyance in the long run.

This happens on PC. I have seen more than enough reports.

Created today for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well, someone hates Revenant I can tell that much.

Actually that would be me. I’m the guy that hates Revenant with the passion that burns as hot as a million suns.

And his 1 shot build is the most convoluted and slow method of one shotting a single enemy. 

You think John hates this frame. I can barely stand to look at him he’s become such an incredible disappointment to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These bugs are really annoying, and seeing his contradicting kit exist in this form also hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patrick : Why dont we take some portions of Eidolon Teralyst ability, AND PUSH IT FOR REVENANT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel a bit daft for asking but... what exactly is the problem (this time)? I'm not seeing it in the video.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-26 at 1:45 PM, JohnLemon123 said:

It's not hate, but disappointment. I was looking forward to an eidolon-themed frame from the moment they showed off his in-game model, only to have those expectations shattered from the moment his abilities were shown. 

Besides, I'm keenly aware of how he works, as my current build for him fits about 260 % strength. On top of that, I've played revenant more than I have any other frame, and can still say beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is one of, if not THE worst - designed frame in the game, as he's one of the only examples of a frames whose abilities actively work against one another.

Also, genuine complaints aren't ''whining''. I'd hate to put you in a box (despite you yourself gladly assuming me to be ''another hater'') but that kind of attitude would lead me to believe you're one of ''those'' people that believe DE can do no wrong, and that any and all criticism is born of entitlement. 

Of course Im talking about the bugs. Those are things that need to be pointed out. Second of all, he design is not the worst. That title belongs to Vabuan. His one creates thralls. His thralls become a reasource. Expend said reasource to gain damage and a source to create more thralls,  to gain health and sheilds whilst doing heavy damage, to gain overshields and a burst of damage. Basically, you select a usage path and you prioritize the abilities for that path. Want lots of pillars? Build for duration, range, strength. Want to one shot whilst never dying? Build duration, efficiency, strength. Want more overshields? Duration, efficiency, strength. Flow of combat with Rev is this. Activate Mesmer Skin, Start making Thralls(building reasource). From here you can use the reasource(thralls) as cover to stand and shoot. Now if you dont go with the first option then you can begin Reaving the Thralls to consume them and then reset. Id you prefer the Danse Macabre then you skip the Reave and use that instead opting for overshields and dps rather than regen and burst(Reave).

His kit flows just not like any other warframe. Mesa, for example, is activate Shooting Gallery and Shatter Sheild then from there you Peacemaker or you begin to shoot sometimes mixing in Ballistic Battery. A better comparison to Rev probably is Baruuk. They but are reasource users. Baruuk uses all his abilities to produce rage(or reduce restraint) and then attacks draining the reasource. It is more straightforward than Rev but they are similar nonetheless. It is funny though how similar Baruuk is to Mesa as well. He uses his 2(Lull) and 3(Desolate Hands) just like Mesa and then can opt to shoot or ult(Serene Storm/Desert Wind) with his 1(Elude) beimg situational or mixed in. Anyways. The point is Rev has a flow to his kit there is some disjoint when deciding what path but even so it is around same about warfranes normally have. Similar to Mesa, you do not always want to ult. Sometimes it is more efficient to use your other abilities. Honestly, I can not believe you have played Rev and not noticed this? To hammer in my point,let us look at the truly worst design warframe, Vabaun. Tesla has no correlation with his other abilities it is just there. Minelayer is just randomness that do not synergy with his kit. Bastille is a stand alone cc and so is Vortex. There is no flow to his kit at all. You either build for Bastille ot build for Vortex. Thats it. There is zero flow to his kit. This si what I absolutely love about the new frames. There is flow to their kits and a requirement to use most of your abilities frequently. Prehaps you mistake a shift in design as bad design? A fatal error. 

As for me being a white knight for DE. Well I'm not. I'm not defending DE im defending the frame. I have not hesitated to tell DE when they are being stupid but when you decide that a frame is bad becasue it does not suit you, that is were I disagree. Most people on these forums do not evennplay the frames they are whining about and if they do they did  breifly. The only ones who have a basos normaly are the Vabuan, Wukong, and Ember posters be even then arguments can be made from rhe frames. It is okay to be critical but running into hyperbola is not criticism anymore that is whining. Very much my issue with people like you is that you lack vision of the big picture. You are extremely tunnel visioned and approach things at one angle or use stagnating, old methods/standards. Futhermore, you lack the ability to see design change. DE obviously wants to change the way the game is played, ehich is not a bad thing, and so the new frames will reflect that new mentality. But then you write them off as bad. Stuck in tradition, old ways. Happened when Gara got her slew of changes. When the wall was op that was all she was used for and then it got nerf and everyon thought she was dead though she still retained her ability to infinitely stack damage on an ability that also give 90% dr that she can put on allies who then gain the damage field effectively increasing her dps for every ally affected by the field but no. Her wallnis not op so she is trash. Mag is another one that suffers from this traditional mentality even though her kit has amazing flow and great results. I digress. DE is not perfect, which is why we have forums, but that does not mean we can not give credit where credit is due nor does it mean we ostracize a frame because of hiccups and bumps that need to smoothed out(some of which are not even hiccups and bumps but are innovations and design changes). Complaints are not always relevant. Feedback is always Relevant. There is a difference. The original post here was feedback. You and other people's post are complaints. Mostly irrelevant.

All that being said, Revenant has poor lore depiction and is a mess in terms of concept and fitting into the warframe universe. He is a vampire warframe who got eidolon-ed and raised from the dead making hom skmewhat of a Lich as well. However, like I have said many times, this disjointedness does not show in his kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-26 at 11:28 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Actually that would be me. I’m the guy that hates Revenant with the passion that burns as hot as a million suns.

And his 1 shot build is the most convoluted and slow method of one shotting a single enemy. 

You think John hates this frame. I can barely stand to look at him he’s become such an incredible disappointment to me. 

Well Im sorry you feel that way. You don't have to play him. Sure it is slightly con- well it really is not but whatever. You play what you like. You disappointment with Rev really does not matter. That is how you feel, the frame speaks for himself. Furthermore, he is probably not your playstyle(think I have said this before to you) so just do not play him. I hate Vabaun because he is always the most useless thing in my squad and I hate how one dimensional, awkward, and still he plays in such a fast paced game. So I do not play him. He is not my playstyle. This si why you do not see me making forum posts on Vabuan. I do not play him nor do I care. I will leave that to those who genuinely love and play the frame which is why I am always on these post about Baruuk, Rev, Gara, and Khora. It is simple.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well Im sorry you feel that way. You don't have to play him. Sure it is slightly con- well it really is not but whatever. You play what you like. You disappointment with Rev really does not matter. That is how you feel, the frame speaks for himself. Furthermore, he is probably not your playstyle(think I have said this before to you) so just do not play him. I hate Vabaun because he is always the most useless thing in my squad and I hate how one dimensional, awkward, and still he plays in such a fast paced game. So I do not play him. He is not my playstyle. This si why you do not see me making forum posts on Vabuan. I do not play him nor do I care. I will leave that to those who genuinely love and play the frame which is why I am always on these post about Baruuk, Rev, Gara, and Khora. It is simple.

What a lovely way of shoving legitimate issues/criticism aside.  Love that your defense is he can "ohk" enemies.  Good luck setting that up when playing with pubs on a consistent basis.  Your thralls will be dead before you can.  Now if he could create a group of thralls at once and then quickly follow up with it as sort of a wombo combo it MIGHT be worth mentioning.  But I doubt DE intended his focus to be killing with reave.  Revenant is clearly designed around thralls and their value to him both alive and dead.  And it's already been discussed to death that neither state of them holds much value to him.  Not to mention trying to maintain thralls is all but impossible outside of solo/coordinated play.

The one nice thing he had going for him was thrown out the window with DE's "buff."  You can no longer control your pillars.  As thralls made by said pillars do not become pillars themselves on death.  In a niche situation you could use them to block doors to burn trash and stunlock things like ancient healers.  You can't do that with any consistency now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well Im sorry you feel that way. You don't have to play him. Sure it is slightly con- well it really is not but whatever. You play what you like. You disappointment with Rev really does not matter. That is how you feel, the frame speaks for himself. Furthermore, he is probably not your playstyle(think I have said this before to you) so just do not play him. I hate Vabaun because he is always the most useless thing in my squad and I hate how one dimensional, awkward, and still he plays in such a fast paced game. So I do not play him. He is not my playstyle. This si why you do not see me making forum posts on Vabuan. I do not play him nor do I care. I will leave that to those who genuinely love and play the frame which is why I am always on these post about Baruuk, Rev, Gara, and Khora. It is simple.

Oh look more “he’s just not your play style” arguements. Actually you’re the first. Most people just say “Your build is trash git gud scrub”.

First: What even is his play style? It’s just a mess of different functions with poorly designed executions and the worst basis for synergy I have every seen in this game.

Second: the choices made during his development are mind numbing. He was designed with the aesthetic of the Eidolons. So it stands to reason that his abilities would follow the theme of the Eidolons and Sentients. But no, the decision was made to make him a vampire frame. That’s like making a frame like Nidus but then giving him powers based off of a butterfly. It doesn’t make any sense and Revenant was made worse for it.

In the end Revenant is a primary example of “How Not To Design A Warframe”. It’s obvious nothing about him was initially designed to even be remotely effective in actual gameplay. I would’ve loved and Eidolon frame and a Vampire Frame...as two different frames. But combining the two ideas was a terrible idea and the result shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spamming hate arguements about his current design does nothing to contribute to the purpose of this topic.

It does not matter if they totally rework him into something else if they cannot ensure that the new abilities are more functional than the current ones.

Likewise his issues with the existing abilities cannot be functionally addressed untill he is in a fully functional state.

Fix the broken, then fix the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lucian_Adrion said:

Well Im sorry you feel that way. You don't have to play him. Sure it is slightly con- well it really is not but whatever. You play what you like. You disappointment with Rev really does not matter. That is how you feel, the frame speaks for himself. Furthermore, he is probably not your playstyle(think I have said this before to you) so just do not play him. I hate Vabaun because he is always the most useless thing in my squad and I hate how one dimensional, awkward, and still he plays in such a fast paced game. So I do not play him. He is not my playstyle. This si why you do not see me making forum posts on Vabuan. I do not play him nor do I care. I will leave that to those who genuinely love and play the frame which is why I am always on these post about Baruuk, Rev, Gara, and Khora. It is simple.

That has to be some of the most backwards logic I've seen in a while. Who better to speak on how to make something better than by asking those who see room for improvement and those who have spent a lot of time on said thing? Just turning a blind eye to everything mediocre and saying ''not my thing'' doesn't make it any less bad, it just makes you look like yet another mindless yes-man. 

Shoving any and all criticism out the window is the reason DE currently lives in an impenetrable echochamber of positivity, since the loud voices are also often the ones that'd defend anything they do. 

But that aside, let's go back to revenant. 

His pillars could've been a neat way to deal constant passive damage, but they screwed that up by making it deal impact and puncture of all things, when they had the obvious answer right under their nose : adaptive damage. Its a mechanic currently exclusive to danse macabre that could and SHOULD have been the sole focus of his damage-dealing methods.

As for the thralls, they are an absolute joke of a mechanic, and by far the single worst enemy converts in the game, because for some UNGODLY reason, allied can damage them. The revenant player? Sure, why not. Making a warframe themed around constantly  creating and sacrificing a legion of minions sound pretty cool (kinda like the old overlord game), but it does. Not. Work. It doesn't work, because allies are given the ability to interfere with these resources, and guess what? They don't care, nor should they. They have their own frame to worry about, and shouldn't be burdened by yours, so what do you think they're gonna do?

As for the benefits they provide, let's not pretend like they actually bring anything of relevance, or at least anything near as good as they should. As I said above, the pillars are worthless for damage against anything with armor, and the buff brought by this update made them infuriating to boot. An overshield pickup when you kill them with your 4? Completely worthless, as Revenant NEEDS mesmer to survive. Healing yourself with reave? Useless again, because mesmer skin. As for getting a stack of armor back, not only is that method hilariously slow, but it's also far more expensive AND less effective than just recasting it. 

Reave is terrible. It's completely useless when used on its own, which Is frankly unacceptable considering the year he was released. And even then only its synergy with danse macabre is good, as it makes the ability actually, you know, reasonably useful. ''Yeah, but the one shots'' is an awful argument, as there is no content in the game that requires such methods. In top of that, should you use it on an enemy with damage reduction, that enemy will take next to no damage, even if Enthralled ! 

Mesmer skin is good, but falls apart far too quickly. Even then, it's still far and away his best ability... 

... Because his 4 got murdered. 20 energy every second to deal at MOST around 10 thousand damage is terrible, nevermind the boosted variant, which straight up isn't reasonably usable anymore, because I guess the best way to prevent passive playstyles was kbviously to destroy the one part of it that required your input. 

So how do we fix him? Well, while I personally would want nothing more than for his 1 and 3 to get lost, here is what I'd do (not that it matters) to ''fix'' him. 

Passive : Revenant has an innate mini-adaptation, stopping at 70%. The weird shock wave is gone, because it was frankly useless. 

Enthrall :

Make the pillars and their projectiles deal adaptive damage. 

FIX THE BUGS

PREVENT TEAMMATES FROM DAMAGING IT. 

Upon death, thralls return energy based on half of the cost of a singular cast (with base stats, it'd mean getting 12 energy back). 

Replace the overshield pickup with one that only the rev player can pick up, which restores 1 mesmer stack. 

Mesmer skin :

Only prevents damage to revenant's health, not his shields. Would synergize with his new passive. 

Enemies that it puts to sleep take finisher damage. 

Give it an invulnerability period of 2-3 seconds once the last charge is lost (would not occur on recast) 

Increase the cost to 75.

Reave :

Reaving through thralls restore charged based on power strength. At 100 you'd get one, at 200 you'd get 2, you get it. 

Reave returns energy upon hitting enemies, at a rate depending on their status : regular enemies would give back 25% of a cast, while thralls would give back 50%. Those values are inversely increased based upon efficiency, and higher costs would net more return. 

Danse macabre :

Allow power strength to affect status chance. As such, the boosted variant would reach 100% status once you reach 250% strength. 

Decrease the base cost of the boosted variant from 40 to 30.

Only the boosted variant can destroy the energy pillars, and doing so will refund 1 stack of mesmer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I can 100% always replicate that same bug now aswell, except for me I can only explode the pillars with any means as a client, meanwhile I can only explode pillars with amps and void blasts as host or in the simulacrum.

I might've even seen other people explode them too as a client.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-28 at 4:00 AM, Lucian_Adrion said:

Of course Im talking about the bugs. Those are things that need to be pointed out. Second of all, he design is not the worst. That title belongs to Vabuan. His one creates thralls. His thralls become a reasource. Expend said reasource to gain damage and a source to create more thralls,  to gain health and sheilds whilst doing heavy damage, to gain overshields and a burst of damage. Basically, you select a usage path and you prioritize the abilities for that path. Want lots of pillars? Build for duration, range, strength. Want to one shot whilst never dying? Build duration, efficiency, strength. Want more overshields? Duration, efficiency, strength. Flow of combat with Rev is this. Activate Mesmer Skin, Start making Thralls(building reasource). From here you can use the reasource(thralls) as cover to stand and shoot. Now if you dont go with the first option then you can begin Reaving the Thralls to consume them and then reset. Id you prefer the Danse Macabre then you skip the Reave and use that instead opting for overshields and dps rather than regen and burst(Reave).

His kit flows just not like any other warframe. Mesa, for example, is activate Shooting Gallery and Shatter Sheild then from there you Peacemaker or you begin to shoot sometimes mixing in Ballistic Battery. A better comparison to Rev probably is Baruuk. They but are reasource users. Baruuk uses all his abilities to produce rage(or reduce restraint) and then attacks draining the reasource. It is more straightforward than Rev but they are similar nonetheless. It is funny though how similar Baruuk is to Mesa as well. He uses his 2(Lull) and 3(Desolate Hands) just like Mesa and then can opt to shoot or ult(Serene Storm/Desert Wind) with his 1(Elude) beimg situational or mixed in. Anyways. The point is Rev has a flow to his kit there is some disjoint when deciding what path but even so it is around same about warfranes normally have. Similar to Mesa, you do not always want to ult. Sometimes it is more efficient to use your other abilities. Honestly, I can not believe you have played Rev and not noticed this? To hammer in my point,let us look at the truly worst design warframe, Vabaun. Tesla has no correlation with his other abilities it is just there. Minelayer is just randomness that do not synergy with his kit. Bastille is a stand alone cc and so is Vortex. There is no flow to his kit at all. You either build for Bastille ot build for Vortex. Thats it. There is zero flow to his kit. This si what I absolutely love about the new frames. There is flow to their kits and a requirement to use most of your abilities frequently. Prehaps you mistake a shift in design as bad design? A fatal error. 

As for me being a white knight for DE. Well I'm not. I'm not defending DE im defending the frame. I have not hesitated to tell DE when they are being stupid but when you decide that a frame is bad becasue it does not suit you, that is were I disagree. Most people on these forums do not evennplay the frames they are whining about and if they do they did  breifly. The only ones who have a basos normaly are the Vabuan, Wukong, and Ember posters be even then arguments can be made from rhe frames. It is okay to be critical but running into hyperbola is not criticism anymore that is whining. Very much my issue with people like you is that you lack vision of the big picture. You are extremely tunnel visioned and approach things at one angle or use stagnating, old methods/standards. Futhermore, you lack the ability to see design change. DE obviously wants to change the way the game is played, ehich is not a bad thing, and so the new frames will reflect that new mentality. But then you write them off as bad. Stuck in tradition, old ways. Happened when Gara got her slew of changes. When the wall was op that was all she was used for and then it got nerf and everyon thought she was dead though she still retained her ability to infinitely stack damage on an ability that also give 90% dr that she can put on allies who then gain the damage field effectively increasing her dps for every ally affected by the field but no. Her wallnis not op so she is trash. Mag is another one that suffers from this traditional mentality even though her kit has amazing flow and great results. I digress. DE is not perfect, which is why we have forums, but that does not mean we can not give credit where credit is due nor does it mean we ostracize a frame because of hiccups and bumps that need to smoothed out(some of which are not even hiccups and bumps but are innovations and design changes). Complaints are not always relevant. Feedback is always Relevant. There is a difference. The original post here was feedback. You and other people's post are complaints. Mostly irrelevant.

So what I'm getting from this is "this is what Revenant is, so deal with it"

That's not how feedback works.

Feedback is a two way street and the devs have shown willing to make changes based on them, meaning just as you and other people are fully allowed to say "I'm fine with how he is" me and other people are allowed to not only reply with "No, he's not fine" but also give feedback/suggestions on possible changes we would like to the frame, free to be ignored, but at least free to express discontent.

If it was different and the devs have never shown to be responsive to any kind of feedback, then yes, you'd have your way and the only options would truly be to either play Revenant or don't, I personally play him occasionally, I love how he looks, I like Eidolons, I was saddened by how he turned out to not really feel like a mini eidolon when playing him thanks to how his development turned out, but instead of just considering him a frame with a wasted theme and just either delete him from my inventory or just never play him, I try to offer feedback to hopefully help in his development.

And whether it be during his prime release, or deluxe skin, or just randomly, I maintain the hope that he will get to be reworked into the frame he had potential to be.

Until then you are free to be satisfied with what we have just as you would be free to be dissatisfied with any changes that may come to him in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-03-28 at 9:15 AM, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Spamming hate arguements about his current design does nothing to contribute to the purpose of this topic.

It does not matter if they totally rework him into something else if they cannot ensure that the new abilities are more functional than the current ones.

Likewise his issues with the existing abilities cannot be functionally addressed untill he is in a fully functional state.

Fix the broken, then fix the bad.

Delete his current kit, delete his current bugs. Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest bloodtron40000

This might be better suited to the Bug Report section than Feedback. I've been encountering these issues too and this post popped up after a search. Rev's one of my favorite frames and it feels terrible not being able to use a skill because of the bugs. It's like being a Limbo who Banishes all the time... Except without the ability to clean up the mess. 😢 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bloodtron40000 said:

This might be better suited to the Bug Report section than Feedback. I've been encountering these issues too and this post popped up after a search. Rev's one of my favorite frames and it feels terrible not being able to use a skill because of the bugs. It's like being a Limbo who Banishes all the time... Except without the ability to clean up the mess. 😢 

There have been a number of bug reports. Scroll up and there is one linked even.

Please go there and upvote/post. Every comment in different topic helps. Even a certain someone posting nothing but "rrr replace his entire kit because i dont like it rrr".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been playing Rev on Switch and have had no issues, not with Enthrall causing problems nor with his actual playstyle, which for me is mostly "Turn on Mesmer Skin and Enthrall targets while occasionally using Reave and Danse to mow things down" and that's worked well enough for me.

I can't even remotely understand these complaints though. Could it stand some improvement? Yeah I can see it needing some tweaks.

But it isn't like he's Vauban who has a kit all overshadowed by Bastille to the point where he might as well not have his 1,2 and sometimes his 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...