Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unintended Weapon Switching

GoogleChromy

I was mining in Fortuna and a Corpus dude came and attacked me outta nowhere so I used my Quick Melee and killed him. After killing him I was gonna start mining again, but when I pressed the R-Click to aim my Plasma Drill, it switched to my Primary. 
At first I thought it was an intended change. Then I while I was using Tranq Rifle and used Quick Melee after the use of Quick Melee it went back to Tranq Rifle, so I figured it was a bug.

I hoped that since it is such a big annoyance and a big bug it would eventually be fixed in a Hotfix, but it wasn't.

So I decided to test it out and see if it actually is a bug, after running few test cases I realized that it in fact is a bug.

Since my previous bug report was not taken seriously and I was called out for "making it up", I thought it would best if I showed you video.

Following are all the Test Cases with Description.

CASE 1

In this case we see that when I equip Lure and then use a Quick Melee it to Tranq Rifle.

CASE 2 A & B

These both are cases are similar since after a Quick Melee it switches Plasma Drill/Lure to my Primary Weapon. 

CASE 3

As I mentioned earlier that in some cases it works just as it is intended to, switching to what was Equipped. You can see that I equip the Tranq Rifle and then when I use Quick Melee, it goes back to Tranq Rifle.

CASE 4

In this Case we can see that I Equip Lure and use my Quick Melee and then after that I am Unarmed.

giphy.gif

Case 5

In this case, I equip Lure and then I use Quick Melee and after that it switches to a damn Synthesis Scanner.

Case 6

I usually take Ivara to mine or for conservation since she is one of the best Stealth Frames and also the Zip line Arrow helps me get to places that I can't reach and scan get my Plasma Drill.

I was thinking what else I could use for a test case, then I remembered the Exalted Weapon. So since Exalted Bow replaces the Primary Weapon. I was assuming that after I use my Quick Melee it would go back to Exalted Bow, but it went back to Synthesis Scanner. And no the ability was not disabled as you can see at the bottom left of the screen the ability was still active.

BqG2Axt.gif

Also there were cases when the lure would sometimes switch to the Fishing Spear.

I hope this information is enough to shed some light on the bug and it helps you fix it. I love this game and the work you guys put into it to make it better is not a joke. I just wanna do my bit to make it better.

Edited by GoogleChromy