Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime Access Available Now!

[DE]Helen

On 2019-03-31 at 4:45 AM, -Temp0- said:

Basic math, 10 people for 20-25$ equals 200-250$ - doesnt have to be 10$, or 2-3 for 50$ equals 100/150$.

Someone at DE failde that math test. Thats how steam does their sales and thats why it was the most successful store until epic bs hit.

Bull****. It does the OPPOSITE. Everyone who runs with prime cosmetics just run with misa, edo or tagris, and people buy it during unvaulting not pa so its infinitely lower price. Other prime cosmetics doesnt exist because they look like hot trash compared to those 3. Thats why no one buys anything else for 50$. It actually demotives to buy prime cosmetics and incentivizes to buy tennogen or even regular skins/armor/syandanas because theres more variety of tenogen, for lover price, same quality and you have far fewer chances to run into your clone wearing same cosmetics. 

Well changing my math doesn't help your argument. Proof if proof were needed is that the folks who sell the product have settled on a price that has shown that it sells enough to be considered one of their largest forms of income. It's just that folks that were likely to spend money would already be willing to do so at $50 and the decrease to $10 or $20 wouldn't boost the number of sales enough to make up for the loss of the original price. Going by your math, you need to be able to convince nine other people and then yourself to pick up a random cosmetic for every two to three people that would've bought this for $50 (and do as is evidenced that this current venture is highly profitable for them.) I only give that number so they can out-compete the current standard. You're trying to invent an imaginary market where you have 3.5 to 5 times more people that are even interested in the same items, and their only barrier is an additional thirty dollars.

48 минут назад, (PS4)Island-Delver-Go сказал:

Well changing my math doesn't help your argument. Proof if proof were needed is that the folks who sell the product have settled on a price that has shown that it sells enough to be considered one of their largest forms of income. 

Well can can keep considering it while I as many others will wait until it gets on discount during unvaulting for exatly half the price of what it is on pa. That is IF their stuff is even worth buying. Which is in 9 out of 10 pas - it isnt. 4 items out of dozens are even worth considering. Such prestige much prime wow looks worse than tennogen, costs 50$ - a price of a new full AAA game. 900iq marketing strats.

None of those thinsg change the fact that that strategy is s***. Its like saying well lootbozes work in EA games for example as the main source of income, so who cares that games themselves sell less and less and everyone hates. Gotta squeeze as much as you can and suck them dry.

6 minutes ago, -Temp0- said:

Well can can keep considering it while I as many others will wait until it gets on discount during unvaulting for exatly half the price of what it is on pa. That is IF their stuff is even worth buying. Which is in 9 out of 10 pas - it isnt. 4 items out of dozens are even worth considering. Such prestige much prime wow looks worse than tennogen, costs 50$ - a price of a new full AAA game. 900iq marketing strats.

None of those thinsg change the fact that that strategy is s***. Its like saying well lootbozes work in EA games for example as the main source of income, so who cares that games themselves sell less and less and everyone hates. Gotta squeeze as much as you can and suck them dry.

I've no idea why you feel the need to use strong language instead of a strong argument to make your point, but please consider the following:

Neither of us has access to DE's backend marketing data. They don't seem to be spiraling out of control, and they are adding content as fast as they can. (most likely.) Now unless we believe that DE is blowing our money on hookers, it is safe to assume that they pay their employees and any costs incurred by running their business; as well as furthering development to the game. I'll use myself as an example here. I make 32/hr and then add onto that the cost of benefits (which in total is lower than the average video game designer salary or programmer.) a single $50 package can't even pay for two hours of my time. If you prefer to purchase, a AAA game, go for it. You likely don't realize that unlike live service games of the past (WoW) this game came at no cost to you. It's sadly a product of the time we live. Subscription games don't exist much at all any longer (they've almost all gone free-to-play to survive against the competition.) In a perfect world, Warframe would be a subscription game with a 15-20 dollar subscription with paid expansions and next to no paid cosmetics or any other micro-transactions. But in reality, the general populace seems to be adverse to paying upfront for live services and prefer the pay-as-you-like model which forces live services to aggressively market every aspect of their game to be profitable.

first sry for my bad english 😁

and for the topic : im still in mid game and have a lot stuff to leveling , but im not interested in the booster , but for $10 i would buy the syandana (dont like the armor btw. i dont like any armor in this game ^^) , but $50 just for a syandana and 3 items i did not care abbout , hmm no thanks , i think i lit the chimney with a $50 note ^^.

but i think the better way would be 2 packages one with booster and a cheaper one without booster .

49 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

anybody can tell how much hours before this will be rdy? cause in my place its already 2april, so its hard to tell)

well I know DE is in ET-time, so they're (still in 1st-april) 4 hrs away from midnight, but if not in 4 hrs then might have to wait till its morning for them.

On 2019-03-26 at 3:54 PM, -UC-Weeaboo_Slayer said:

I make your words mine, no one is buying the prime access for boosters, specially affinity and credit boosters as 90% of the buyers are at end game already, they become useless

i... i do buy them for the boosters... i just like having access to the affinity boost so i can continue increasing my mastery rank...  

On 2019-03-28 at 5:54 AM, Mez999 said:

As someone relatively newer to the game, will this result in Mesa being vaulted? 

she'll be vaulted alright... in about 2 years from her initial release.  since you are new, i'll let you know something.  prime warframes release in the order of the original warframe's release.  a prime warframe and all of their weapons are always vaulted 2 years after their release.  this is to give players plenty of time to farm for the parts without worry.  

7 hours ago, Hakugarasu said:

Tipedo Prime will make Orthos Prime obsolete... 

Orthos Prime is basically a starter Prime weapon. Much like the lex, Paris, etc.

Many weapons make the starter weapons “obsolete”. It is the whole point of them being started weapons. To get you started. Such as all them dual pistol primes making the AKLex “obsolete”. And even multiple bows and crossbows that aren’t Prime, make the Paris Prime “obsolete”. 

Players aren’t going to advance themselves if they can just stick to one set of weapons and warframe. Not everyone cares about Mastery Rank, but yet they care and complain a lot about certain advantages that come with a higher MR that they don’t get the benefit of. Such as more daily standing for syndicates. Saw a lot of players complain that Baruuk was taking too long to be obtained because they were too low of a MR. Which is completely their fault. There were many weapons and stuff I couldn’t get because I was a low rank, but now I’m the highest rank possible for consoles and no obstacle DE throws at me will stop me from obtaining the new stuff. 

So I’m glad that the Tipedo is going to make the orthos and even possibly the BO Prime “obsolete”. That just means it is a powerful staff melee that I will enjoy using against high level enemies instead of just swords. 

Am 31.3.2019 um 10:45 schrieb -Temp0-:

Basic math, 10 people for 20-25$ equals 200-250$ - doesnt have to be 10$, or 2-3 for 50$ equals 100/150$.

Someone at DE failde that math test. Thats how steam does their sales and thats why it was the most successful store until epic bs hit.

Bull****. It does the OPPOSITE. Everyone who runs with prime cosmetics just run with misa, edo or tagris, and people buy it during unvaulting not pa so its infinitely lower price. Other prime cosmetics doesnt exist because they look like hot trash compared to those 3. Thats why no one buys anything else for 50$. It actually demotives to buy prime cosmetics and incentivizes to buy tennogen or even regular skins/armor/syandanas because theres more variety of tenogen, for lover price, same quality and you have far fewer chances to run into your clone wearing same cosmetics.

imugi is great, spritsail and atavist too and aside of the chest piece acanthus also. please speak for urself and not others, thank you.

36 минут назад, Xydeth сказал:

imugi is great, spritsail and atavist too and aside of the chest piece acanthus also. please speak for urself and not others, thank you.

Yeaah so great they keep reselling misa and tagris for 2 to 3 times each. Speak for yourself as well, if you like trash it doesnt change the fact that others dont. Theres such miniscule amount of prime armor sets that arent misa edo or tagris going around that popularity of other PAs speak for iself. If will dare say that anything comes even close to those 3, youll be one lying - - - - - 

What prevents me from buying the last pack, is it's rediculously high price.
If the boosters where gone, it would allow for a human-friendly price.

Some people seem to argue, they want those boosters.

Well, there's enough platinum coming with the pack, to buy said boosters from the market.

Our wallets bleed at the moment for tier 3.

5 minutes ago, wargthewarg said:

I look forward to seeing the crafting costs though. DE might still have a surprise for us there 😉

yeah like 10k oxium + 10k kryotic + 5 nitain and 50 tellurium for eatch aspect 😁 😅 😓

vor 31 Minuten schrieb -Temp0-:

Yeaah so great they keep reselling misa and tagris for 2 to 3 times each. Speak for yourself as well, if you like trash it doesnt change the fact that others dont. Theres such miniscule amount of prime armor sets that arent misa edo or tagris going around that popularity of other PAs speak for iself. If will dare say that anything comes even close to those 3, youll be one lying - - - - - 

ur passive aggressiveness doesnt make ur point all the more true, quite the opposite.

yes, i do speak for myself, thanks for noticing. dont try to avoid the point tho because i dont state anything opposing the fact that there will always be people liking what another dislikes and vise versa which also doesnt imply any weighting to either side. i wonder though which numbers u know to base ur assumptions on because i see many people mixing sets just like i do and thats not neccessarily a mix of ur mentioned ones.

keep on ranting, but i tell u ur aggressive behaviour doesnt help ur statements. if u want to make a point maybe try it in a civil and constructive manner.

Archived