Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox Prime Access Available Now!

[DE]Helen

I think that we should get 2 versions of the accessory PA packs. 1 with the syandana and the armor set and boosters and one with just the syandana and armor set for a lower price. If people need the boosters they can pay the 50 bucks if people don't they can just buy the cosmetics for a lower price. The boosters are nice but sometimes we just want the cosmetics alone.

51 minutes ago, TypeZeroTheNirvash said:

I think that we should get 2 versions of the accessory PA packs. 1 with the syandana and the armor set and boosters and one with just the syandana and armor set for a lower price. If people need the boosters they can pay the 50 bucks if people don't they can just buy the cosmetics for a lower price. The boosters are nice but sometimes we just want the cosmetics alone.

It be nice, but they get a lot of their profits from these packs. Really they need to just make a check box system so end game players aren't getting stuck with booster that do nothing for them. Have millions of credits? MR26/27? Have two boosters that can help you with that. Be better off with drop chance and 2x. Hell I'll take a plat option if they don't want to lower the price. Plat is still more useful than those two boosters. Buy some fashion stuff I wouldn't normally buy.

4 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

It be nice, but they get a lot of their profits from these packs. Really they need to just make a check box system so end game players aren't getting stuck with booster that do nothing for them. Have millions of credits? MR26/27? Have two boosters that can help you with that. Be better off with drop chance and 2x. Hell I'll take a plat option if they don't want to lower the price. Plat is still more useful than those two boosters. Buy some fashion stuff I wouldn't normally buy.

honestly , i think the way with 2 packs would be ensure more income than the actual state with only the $50 pack , im only mr 16 but my problem with level up , is not xp money or ressources , so i dont need or want the booster .

i realy like the syandana but i will never get it cause $50 for only the syandana is for me a lot to mutch (armor doesnt interess me either , i find all armors in the game looks ugly , personal fealings) .

1 minute ago, Minelaus said:

honestly , i think the way with 2 packs would be ensure more income than the actual state with only the $50 pack , im only mr 16 but my problem with level up , is not xp money or ressources , so i dont need or want the booster .

i realy like the syandana but i will never get it cause $50 for only the syandana is for me a lot to mutch (armor doesnt interess me either , i find all armors in the game looks ugly , personal fealings) .

Just posting options that are better but at the same price point since it's unlikely to change. Sadly you will need to wait a year or two after vaulting to get the un-vaulting price of $20.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Island-Delver-Go said:

I've no idea why you feel the need to use strong language instead of a strong argument to make your point, but please consider the following:

Neither of us has access to DE's backend marketing data. They don't seem to be spiraling out of control, and they are adding content as fast as they can. (most likely.) Now unless we believe that DE is blowing our money on hookers, it is safe to assume that they pay their employees and any costs incurred by running their business; as well as furthering development to the game. I'll use myself as an example here. I make 32/hr and then add onto that the cost of benefits (which in total is lower than the average video game designer salary or programmer.) a single $50 package can't even pay for two hours of my time. If you prefer to purchase, a AAA game, go for it. You likely don't realize that unlike live service games of the past (WoW) this game came at no cost to you. It's sadly a product of the time we live. Subscription games don't exist much at all any longer (they've almost all gone free-to-play to survive against the competition.) In a perfect world, Warframe would be a subscription game with a 15-20 dollar subscription with paid expansions and next to no paid cosmetics or any other micro-transactions. But in reality, the general populace seems to be adverse to paying upfront for live services and prefer the pay-as-you-like model which forces live services to aggressively market every aspect of their game to be profitable.

If lower prices were not effective and driving up sales, DE won't have -25% to -75% off platinum prices as a possible daily log-in reward.

And we all know those log-in discounts make people buy plat when they otherwise wouldn't. I don't know what you are getting out of defending the current price scheme, maybe some kind of odd flex about how you can afford it. I guess some people need some ego boost wherever they can get it.

Those who say that lower prices will drive up sales are not making up numbers. Lower prices do work. They are applying basic economics. For a real-world example, look at any Black Friday sale frenzy. 'nuff said. 

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Just posting options that are better but at the same price point since it's unlikely to change. Sadly you will need to wait a year or two after vaulting to get the un-vaulting price of $20.

i have only a very low monthly budget for gaming $20 - $30 , so if the syandana comes out for $10 i think i would buy it , if both cosmetics for $20 i think i would buy it at end of the month if the budget is untouched , but the budget of 2.5 months just for the syandana is to mutch for me .

4 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

If lower prices were not effective and driving up sales, DE won't have -25% to -75% off platinum prices as a possible daily log-in reward.

And we all know those log-in discounts make people buy plat when they otherwise wouldn't. I don't know what you are getting out of defending the current price scheme, maybe some kind of odd flex about how you can afford it. I guess some people need some ego boost wherever they can get it.

Those who say that lower prices will drive up sales are not making up numbers. Lower prices do work. They are applying basic economics. For a real-world example, look at any Black Friday sale frenzy. 'nuff said. 

Why is it that certain people feel the need to attack someone's character instead of focusing on the argument? It only takes away from the point you're trying to make when you concede that you need to tear away at the person because their argument isn't as assailable — either way.

I believe you're confusing limited-time offers which drive sales from a different direction. Those are meant to sell inventory that was already available and was stagnating. You wouldn't see a car model that is just out of production and design offered at a 25-75% discount. But only after a set amount of time (depending on the product.) As DE has stated, this is a significant source of income for them and if they tried to discount it steeply, it would result in a serious hit to their revenue. If you read my previous comment, I mentioned subscriptions. They NEED to make a certain amount of money off of every individual. Due to the free-to-play model, they can't make as much from certain individuals. Just because a vet has maxed out doesn't mean they don't need the vet to pay in a certain amount of money to keep the game active and alive. (If a vet only pays in $10 every three months that isn't sustainable for a company. Even $20 isn't all that much to fund further development.) We all want this game to keep growing at a good pace and to succeed; and we can't expect DE to cut profit margins at every turn and at the same time expect solid game progress.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Island-Delver-Go said:

Why is it that certain people feel the need to attack someone's character instead of focusing on the argument? It only takes away from the point you're trying to make when you concede that you need to tear away at the person because their argument isn't as assailable — either way.

I believe you're confusing limited-time offers which drive sales from a different direction. Those are meant to sell inventory that was already available and was stagnating. You wouldn't see a car model that is just out of production and design offered at a 25-75% discount. But only after a set amount of time (depending on the product.) As DE has stated, this is a significant source of income for them and if they tried to discount it steeply, it would result in a serious hit to their revenue. If you read my previous comment, I mentioned subscriptions. They NEED to make a certain amount of money off of every individual. Due to the free-to-play model, they can't make as much from certain individuals. Just because a vet has maxed out doesn't mean they don't need the vet to pay in a certain amount of money to keep the game active and alive. (If a vet only pays in $10 every three months that isn't sustainable for a company. Even $20 isn't all that much to fund further development.) We all want this game to keep growing at a good pace and to succeed; and we can't expect DE to cut profit margins at every turn and at the same time expect solid game progress.

Ok. Then the quality of your argument is nonexistent.

You are basing your assumptions of how much money they need to make per customer based on no data and so you are literally making excuses out of thin air.

😀 2 april .. so that means .. Oh come on devs release it already

---- Iam happy for todays release for an new prime .. however *sad face* in between ----

Why devs oh why are you guys give us the 3 april .. not fair

But still happy for you guys that getting the release today 😎

2 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

You are basing your assumptions of how much money they need to make per customer based on no data and so you are literally making excuses out of thin air.

Enough with the fallacies. "Island can't possibly know the minutia of this situation. Therefore his entire argument is false!" - Again. See the following. It might get repetitive at this point. I'll put a cap on it unless you want to bring something meaningful to the table.

We both know they need to make money. Neither of us knows how much (Probably. I can't speak for you.) But DE is defensive on the subject of Prime Access and openly admit that it is a large portion of their income. If we want the game to continue progressing, we'll also want to support the game with a steady stream of income. It's not out of thin air but the arguments I've made up to this point is based on the fact that their employees make a pretty penny for the efforts they expend to develop the game, and the equipment and software they use also comes at a cost; as well as facilities, marketing, and building utilities. There's also a host of other expenses that I'm not privy to, but that is just repetition at this point.

My source is the Mogamu interview with the Devs at DE "How To Free To Play - Warframe Devs" & "Keeping Players Happy - Warframe Devs"

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Island-Delver-Go:

Enough with the fallacies. "Island can't possibly know the minutia of this situation. Therefore his entire argument is false!" - Again. See the following. It might get repetitive at this point. I'll put a cap on it unless you want to bring something meaningful to the table.

We both know they need to make money. Neither of us knows how much (Probably. I can't speak for you.) But DE is defensive on the subject of Prime Access and openly admit that it is a large portion of their income. If we want the game to continue progressing, we'll also want to support the game with a steady stream of income. It's not out of thin air but the arguments I've made up to this point is based on the fact that their employees make a pretty penny for the efforts they expend to develop the game, and the equipment and software they use also comes at a cost; as well as facilities, marketing, and building utilities. There's also a host of other expenses that I'm not privy to, but that is just repetition at this point.

My source is the Mogamu interview with the Devs at DE "How To Free To Play - Warframe Devs" & "Keeping Players Happy - Warframe Devs"

Tbh "large portion of their income" isnt the same as "large portion of what they need to maintain the game". I bet DE like many other f2p games with premium currency is doing very very very well. Even if warframe has no p2w system it has a pay to skip timegate system which works nearly as good as p2w. Selling every 3 months PAs which costs as much or even more than AAA games which are getting sold very good (like at least 50% of players if you look how much of these frames appear a few minutes after the release on hydron) plus unvault packs for around half the prices is more than most AAA company putting out games a year. So I highly doub they couldnt reduce the pack without much loosing of income(if they loos money at all this way). Cause the packs seem far away from equilibrium price and basic economics tells you you make most at this point. They try to catch people with the "shiny new product" thing and it works but not as much as a lower price would work. Cause economic also tells you that this is only a small per cent of the people falling for this. But since its working well there seems no need to put a lower price out to get more sells. Which also shows they dont seem to have a real problem with money. They get way more than they need so they dont need to care about peoply not willing/able to pay this much.

9 minutes ago, Tengarnos said:

Tbh "large portion of their income" isnt the same as "large portion of what they need to maintain the game". I bet DE like many other f2p games with premium currency is doing very very very well. Even if warframe has no p2w system it has a pay to skip timegate system which works nearly as good as p2w. Selling every 3 months PAs which costs as much or even more than AAA games which are getting sold very good (like at least 50% of players if you look how much of these frames appear a few minutes after the release on hydron) plus unvault packs for around half the prices is more than most AAA company putting out games a year. So I highly doub they couldnt reduce the pack without much loosing of income(if they loos money at all this way). Cause the packs seem far away from equilibrium price and basic economics tells you you make most at this point. They try to catch people with the "shiny new product" thing and it works but not as much as a lower price would work. Cause economic also tells you that this is only a small per cent of the people falling for this. But since its working well there seems no need to put a lower price out to get more sells. Which also shows they dont seem to have a real problem with money. They get way more than they need so they dont need to care about peoply not willing/able to pay this much.

Finally! someone with an actual argument. Yes! They can be making a large sum of money and overcharging possibly. We can get into that here in a bit. I'm currently at work I'll come up with a reply here at some point. 🙂

Edit: Just to clarify I mean someone who wants a genuine bit of discourse as opposed to being hostile during their post.

I feel like there should be some more flexibility in PA's accessories.

I'm reticent to suggest the boosters should be removed entirely, because that'd reduce profits for DE quite a bit (most people would go for the non-booster version 9 times out of 10).

What I would say is that there should be more customisation. That's because people prioritise different things in this game. Some like grinding for resources - giving them a resource booster would be more relevant to their gameplay, for example.

In the game, 2 lots of 90 day boosters would be 1200 plat. When you take into consideration the quantity discounts (7 to 30 is x0.58) let's say that 2 * 90 day boosters would be 700 plat.

I'd ask for the option to swap and change what boosters we can get with the accessories pack or give us the option to get somewhere in the ballpark of 700 plat (or swap one booster for 350), so that the value of the discounted boosters aren't overshadowed by how much plat we'd get.

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

I was ALMOST agreeing with you at first, but then you insisted on being so juvenile and pointlessly hostile that I realized I'd be embarrassed as a human being to share any opinion with you.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Equinox Prime is out on PS4.

Her Appearance tab is glitched. Any weapons she has on gets overriden with her body color choices. Her attachments never get changed no matter what you do.

So the same bug that the vanilla version has had since Ember/Frost went back into the Vault.

Archived