Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has anyone gotten more than 4 Ephemeras from the Exploiter Orb?

Zahnny

I've spent the past several days running nothing but Exploiter missions and from what I can gather, it seems players (myself included) are only able to get 4 Ephemera drops from the Exploiter, and it's either 4 shocking steps or 4 freezing steps. I don't mean to make conspiracies but I'm curious if there is some kind of gate on these things.

Chance that any drops is 6% and that makes it 3% for each (2*3 is 6 after all). But given to how I know DE, these numbers may not be right at all cause we all remember what they did in past (no need to mention more).

So to answer you, you're either extremely unlucky person or you managed to stumble upon something. Strangely, I ran Exploiter a lot and don't have any at all (so I am either unlucky or I smell a lying behind drop chance).

Edited by CoreXCZ

3 minutes ago, CoreXCZ said:

Chance that any drops is 6% and that makes it 3% for each (2*3 is 6 after all). But given to how I know DE, these numbers may not be right at all cause we all remember what they did in past (no need to mention more).

So to answer you, you're either extremely unlucky person or you managed to stumble upon something. Strangely, I ran Exploiter a lot and don't have any at all (so I am either unlucky or I smell a lying behind drop chance).

yeah I'm not trying to accuse DE of intentionally doing anything shady, I'm suspecting maybe there is some strange bug in the code that might accidently lower the drop chances or something. With 4 resulting in a 0% chance or etc. While also preventing players from obtaining the opposite drop.

I have been running it for days, all those hours spent on farming that one items and not getting it is very painful. I had spent 2 days and of total of 18 hours just from those two days, then the other 2 days I spent about 6hours once more on it and yesterday during the last hour of the operation's duration I got Shocking Step. By now I can make 6-7 Hildryns  and 1 ephemera, not to forget that I will not have a use for the extra Hildryn component blueprints but I have wasted a large amount of time for a single cosmetic that does a minimal change to a warframe.

Ephemeras do look cool but they do so little and having them behind a grind wall is insane. They were better off adding them to the market for platinum or become tradable instead of having them be RNG-luck based. As of now the ephemeras are bait for players to spend insane amounts of time in-game as fashion is what mostly matters here and DE have used that logic against us.

38 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

Ephemeras do look cool but they do so little and having them behind a grind wall is insane. They were better off adding them to the market for platinum or become tradable instead of having them be RNG-luck based. As of now the ephemeras are bait for players to spend insane amounts of time in-game as fashion is what mostly matters here and DE have used that logic against us.

You couldn't be more right. DE should feel ashamed for even doing this, they obviously don't since they were capable of doing it in first place. Grind? Yes, but not this extreme grind wall. I need to admit that I didn't expect DE to do such stupid thing, but I am happy I was wrong cause it's another proof they do everything just to extend playtime, a way which continues to hurt Warframe as a whole badly.

2 hours ago, Zahnny said:

I've spent the past several days running nothing but Exploiter missions and from what I can gather, it seems players (myself included) are only able to get 4 Ephemera drops from the Exploiter, and it's either 4 shocking steps or 4 freezing steps. I don't mean to make conspiracies but I'm curious if there is some kind of gate on these things.

Hi off the Exploiter you can only get the freezing step and shocking step thats it, one comes from arbitration seeding step.. one from elo fire walker...And one from the shadow stalker... And the Bleeding one from the arb guy on the relay arbitors of hexis...............

Edited by ECCKillerJones

This person got 7

All the drop rates seemingly match the wiki, but if it's 50/50 when you tap into the ephemera table, it's still believable he got 7 freezing steps (it's like flipping 7 tails in a row, only there is a 6% chance you flip this particular coin).