Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting kicked out of squads and Host Migration

Xvacc

Ever since Buried Debts dropped i cannot join any squads anymore. Whenever i join one, i always get booted out and will experience host migration regardless if the ping is high or not. I've also noticed that i get a short freeze in the loading screen before loading in the mission and being booted out of the squad.

This is incredibly frustrating as i've been waiting for a fix for weeks now and nothing has changed. I don't think it's a network issue either as i had the same network settings before where i never had this problem. Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Does anyone know if there's a fix for this?

For reference, i use a potato laptop. I'd assume that my hardware is at fault for this problem which it may be, but i used to not have this problem before which means my hardware is capable to at least run the game properly.

Laptop Specs:

https://imgur.com/gallery/aBVemFn

The same thing happens to me, since the last update it is really difficult to go hunting eidolon or farmear kuva or something simpler than doing sorties in public.
I am surprised that when I am a guest player let's say player # 2, (with a ping of 80ms) the connection to the host is lost.
And when I'm the host, to a friend who lives in the same city as me, I give him a 30ms ping, but he or I present host migration.

Like you, I checked my hardware, and also my internet connection, I called the technical service, and they did not find any error.
I tried other games online, and I have not presented this error, but this game is the only one that has it.

• 4 weeks later...

Bump, I contacted support having the same exact problem as OP mentioned, and this is what they ultimately deduced based on what I was experiencing:

"Hello DarknightK,

Judging by the information on your account the issue appears to be related to your graphics card (and possibly your CPU). When you are playing with other Tenno, especially when you are hosted by them, your system loading times are compared to the other players with you on a regular basis. If the two systems fall too far out of synchronization then you will automatically be dropped from the game or loading screen. This can also occur because of temperatures rising too high in your system, as the two often go hand in hand. Unfortunately there are not many options for us to provide you with, other than turning down graphical options, cleaning your computer, shutting down background processes that are not needed and changing your settings to laptop mode (you do not need a laptop to do this.)"

Likewise as you, I'm using a moderately potato PC, but I've never had an issue with connecting to previous squads before Buried Debts. Now 90% of the time I'll get disconnected when trying to join a squad. The odd thing is that when others connect to me, they have no issue staying connected and most of them report zero latency, which leads me to believe there's something broken with warframe's matchmaking server.

Edited by DarknightK