Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox's Kit Holes

Horned_Fox

First, why is Energy Transfer not just apart of her kit? Why are you making us waste a mod slot? I can see maybe not wanting to create a free loop hole where you can ignore how Day and Night charge their 4th ability, but that brings me to my second question.

Second, why are the metamorphosis passives backwards? Night gets a shield and armor buff and Day gets a damage and speed boost buff. Now I know what you're thinking "Day is supposed to be damage focused and night is supposed to be support focused". However, consider the fact that mend requires you to kill things in order to stack it. Furthermore, her Night Kit (A 'kit' basically is how something's abilities work together, for anyone who is unawares) provides really good CC and a damage reduction which are good ways to mitigate dying. On the flip side Day form has a damage boost and a power strength boost and no way to mitigate damage. So giving night form yet more ways to not die and Day form yet more ways to increase damage seems kind of redundant.

Third, and this idea persists in other frames but is the worst by far in Equinox, why did you make playing her fluidly such a pain? What do I mean? Basically, with her 1st ability passive decaying quickly after it activates is supposed to incentivize you to switch forms often. Off the bat, that is forced synergy and is NOT fun. More on point though, if you look at each form's kits individually it is like you all wanted each form to depend on the other in order to make sense and that was not iterated well..

Her second and third abilities are very support like abilities in Day form. The vulnerability and speed boost (to enemies) and power strength boost do not benefit her as much as the respective abilities in night form would benefit Day form's kit (and vice versa). Right now you usually just sit in Day form with Maim on and nuke everything. Unless you are affinity farming solo, then you are sleeping everything and stabbing it. However, If you re-organize her kit so that their kit fills a specific role (like how you would take Mesa for an exterminate and limbo for a mobile defense or excavation). Then her kit would have natural synergy. If her Day form had sleep and the damage reduction (also inhering the slow from Peaceful Provocation) with maim you could charge your Maim and have CC and damage reduction to keep you alive while you wait (like how dps frames tend to have a way to help keep them alive, such as Mesa and her third ability). If you give Night form the vulnerability and speed increase (for enemies) and power strength boost (while also flipping the passives) you would have damage abilities to help you charge your Maim. Further more, if you are in Day form using Maim your team probably doesn't need any more help doing damage so it would make sense to switch the abilities around as both sets would get more use.

Even having said all that I will admit there are a couple of holes in the logic (such as the fact that her 2nd ability stays active on enemies if you switch forms so it does not really matter on which form either one is). However, the point of stating it was to illustrate a point. The point being, that with the overall kit being scattered in a way that is trying to force you to switch forms artificially each form lacks individuality in a way that makes them fun. Not that she is not fun to play, but each form relies too much on individual abilities and there are conflicts within the kit. Night relies too much on her second ability while having her fourth ability being only marginally useful since Night form is not meant to kill things and a burst heal that you have to charge up really is not useful. Day form relies too much on her fourth ability while the other two are only marginally useful as it pertains to what that form individually could use in it's kit. Both form's third abilities are decent, but they are active abilities, meaning that they are only useful while you are in that form (unlike the second ability) that are only really useful with the augment, which you have to charge up (and waste a slot for). This is counter intuitive to the idea that you want Equinox to switch forms often. Not to mention you loose the stacks when you switch forms (if i am not mistaken).

Now, if I could make a recommendation (because I do not want to just sound like I am complaining, but assure you I am trying to be constructive). I would not suggest switching the passives, having the shield and armor buff on Night for leaves the possibility of making night form a tank support, which could have some nice synergy. The Day form Passive synergizes well with Maim and the Day form overall. I would also say that her third ability in night form's damage mitigation needs to not be more or less effective based on the distane to target.The issue comes in mainly as it pertains to Mend. I would say that it needs to be more consistent. Instead of having it so that you stack it up like Maim and unleash it, maybe you could do something with armor? Such as having both Mend and Maim have the same pool of resources. Maim builds stacks the way it always has while mend builds through, assuming you only change her 4th, the damage she mitigates with her third ability. Then, having it active in Night form heals allies, increases their max health by Equinox's effective health in night form (with her Metamorphosis passive) and heals them, coming out in ticks based on a % of efficiency (so the more efficient it is the less ticks it takes to get to max). Something to make it more consistent than getting a stack on kill. Also consider changing the passive for the third abilities so that it is always at max (so it does not have to be charged) or make it so that it is tied to both forms and does not reset. You could tie it to using abilities or something maybe instead (like "as long as you have done 'X' {such as CC'ing or healing in night form or doing damage in day form} you get 'buff'"). Lastly consider making the fourth augment just a part of the ability. Loosing stacks for any of the abilities de-incentivizes wanting to switch between forms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyvern_WX-0-1 said:

First, why is Energy Transfer not just apart of her kit? Why are you making us waste a mod slot? I can see maybe not wanting to create a free loop hole where you can ignore how Day and Night charge their 4th ability, but that brings me to my second question.

This. Soooo much this. Despite being a 2-in-1 frame that seems to be about switching forms to adapt to a situation, I find I'm better off just sticking to one form the whole mission.

• Like 2

Equinox Mains Unite... Again! 

EMUs to battle! 

Yeah this has been a sore point for quite some time. 

Though not sure about the metamorphosis effect,

day form making everything dead gives her less reason to tank (don't need to defend from dead enemies) 

Night form having a growing gradual form of damage reduction needs that early burst of armor and shields to survive longer. 

The following are the suggestions we have come up with over the Many many many threads like this. 

1: Metamorphosis needs to make the buff permanent or give Equinox a small "absorb window" like iron skin or Nezhas halo, the absorbed damage should boost the buffs that gradually go back to base speed and shield values depending on which frame form is active (armor and damage stay for as long as you stay in the form) . Equinox will be invulnerable for this small absorb window. 

2. Keep 3rd and 4th abilities active but paused when switching forms, I don't want to switch form and press 3 and 4 again, I do not mind there being an added energy cost to switching if the abilities are automatically turned on after switch. I don't even mind if the charge is reset, just don't make me spend all that animation time again. 

3. The damage reduction in night for with 3rd ability active depending on range is a little strange and unnecessary according to me, just a flat DR within ability range would be better? I guess? Not a super high demand that needs to be met, but would be nice if it came. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l
Suggestions addes