Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should we really spend our Umbra Forma so fast?

Midas

With nightwave approaching an end in 2-3 weeks I believe, should we really be spending our Umbra Forma so fast? My reasonings for this is the fact that warframe umbral mods make a big difference on few or selective frames... sacrificial mod sets gives faction damage against sentients for new war, more umbra mods may come in the distant future... What to do...

• Like 1

Nightwave won't end in 2-3 weeks. We're at week 5, and it lasts for "10-ish" weeks. So we have 5-ish weeks left.

And no, you don't have to use the umbra forma as soon as you get it, if you're not sure what to use it on. I will definitely wait a bit with that too.

I'm honestly not to excited about the umbral forma and don't think I would use it, not right now at least. The only reason being, the frames I have umbral mods on already have 4-5 forma to make the rest of the mods fit. Putting an umbral forma on now would be kind of pointless. 

• Like 1

It really depends on the player. Is it a crucial benefit to a frame you enjoy playing? Is their a primed frame you’d rather wait for? Those are just two things I could think of.  I might put it on Mesa Prime for the extra edge.  It would fit her perfectly, ooor I could wait for Revenant Prime and build a slightly more meta build. Revenant might be a bad example as I’m sure we will have had several chances to get umbral Forma by then, but I’m sure you see my point. 

I made this post so I can quote it when new umbra mods drop or new war has something that is related to umbra polarities and people post here in frustration on not being warned to save their umbra forma. Hopefully people read this and ponder on the ideas.

Just now, Midas said:

I made this post so I can quote it when new umbra mods drop or new war has something that is related to umbra polarities and people post here in frustration on not being warned to save their umbra forma. Hopefully people read this and ponder on the ideas.

I'm sure we'll be able to deal with any kind of content without any umbra mods on our frames 🙂

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I'm sure we'll be able to deal with any kind of content without any umbra mods on our frames 🙂

Oh I agree, faction damage on the sacrificial set is nice though. But this is just to stop new players or players that wasted the forma from making that mistake in the first place so they don't get upset later. Posted in general because people usually go to general first.

Edited by Midas

24 minutes ago, Midas said:

With nightwave approaching an end in 2-3 weeks I believe, should we really be spending our Umbra Forma so fast? My reasonings for this is the fact that warframe umbral mods make a big difference on few or selective frames... sacrificial mod sets gives faction damage against sentients for new war, more umbra mods may come in the distant future... What to do...

as per DE Nightwave will run for 10 weeks, since this the 5th week, we can expect 5 more.

The problem with Umbral Forma is that it will probably end up being one of those one time use super skills in games which ends up being unused, because you keep on saving it for the right time i.e. a future warframe. Also for me, the frames that can make good use of Umbral Mods have already been formaed to fit them. That being said the I will probably use it on Atlas Prime.

Melee Weaps do not need Umbral Forma at all to fit Sacrificial set.

I would personally only put Umbral Forma on a prime frame that benefits from all three Umbral mods and needs an Exilus Slot. So far, on my end, only Oberon Prime has the dubious honor of such.

Edited by Guest

45 minutes ago, Midas said:

But this is just to stop new players or players that wasted the forma from making that mistake in the first place so they don't get upset later. Posted in general because people usually go to general first.

There will always be complaints. For, against, and about people complaining. 

Such is the life on the forums. Everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame with whatever is the hot-issue-of-the-day.

53 минуты назад, Midas сказал:

Is this some kind of roundabout way of complaining about DE using forums and social media as a main source of information about “Buried Debts”?

If not, this thread and your future “I told you so!” thread may be locked.

Don’t say I did not warned you!

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

My question is: 

How do we know that if or when players receive the UF it will actually be built and not a bp? Anything can happen in the next 5 weeks. Just saying

25 Nitain, 10K Kuva, 2 Exilus Adapters, and 5 Argon Crystals to craft.

Evil at its' finest 😄

To make any cool complete Umbra build you need 2 Umbra formas anyway. So I say wait for when second one is available. Big plus is that it'll give you an idea of how obtainable they will be.

Edited by zoffmode

Unless DE changed their view on Umbra frames, I'm wanting to wait until any other Umbra frames come out before I decide to pop Umbra Forma into my other frames. And going off of what another poster said before, any frames I've managed to cram Umbral mods into I've already forma'd to make em' fit. That, and we only get one for NW rewards tier. If we had gotten a few of em', I probably would've used at least 2 already lol.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Nightwave won't end in 2-3 weeks. We're at week 5, and it lasts for "10-ish" weeks. So we have 5-ish weeks left.

And no, you don't have to use the umbra forma as soon as you get it, if you're not sure what to use it on. I will definitely wait a bit with that too.

Nightwave ends when you hit tier 30, which will happen in less than 3 weeks for many players. After that players can only earn wolf credits. I guess if you need Wolf credits it will still give you something to work towards but for many of us reaching tier 30 is the end of this Nightwave.