Windows 8.1 Single Language

2013 Microsoft Corporation

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz 1.90 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz

GPU:AMD Radeon R5 M330

GPU Driver Version: 3.1.0.0

Guys Thx For All Your Help But You Didnt Really Answer All My Questions. I Have More Questions Below.

Here Are My Questions:

1.) I am also using  Razer Cortex To Increase My Fps And Im Not Really Sure If It Boosts My Fps. Does It Really Help.

2.)Any tips on boosters to use and stuff and btw i used to use hialgo boost but since directx 9 was removed it was impossible to use hialgo on warframe. Is there hialgo like apps out there that can halve the resolution of warframe and btw ik about the dynamic resolution setting in warframe and it makes warframe pixely and i dont really see a huge fps boost.

3)I Also Have This Program Called Timer Resolution Which My Current Resolution 0.500 miliseconds which i dont really know what it means. Does It Really Help.                                                                                                                                                                   

When Im In My Orbiter Its Around 60-160fps but when im in plains of eidolon my fps goes 5-39fps 

I lowered all my laptops settings and including warframes resolution and etc

got the Timer Resolution from this guy

Edited by TheLegendaryGrim

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Alcatraz:

You can upgrade laptops too if you weren't aware, and it is very possible to build your own if you acquire a laptop shell and get the rest of the components.

However I was talking about building something a little more powerful that would cover all of Warframe, or buying a PC with similar specs as I mentioned to look for. I wasn't suggesting he actually upgrade what he currently owns.

no i didnt know that you can actually upgrade the Laptop i only remember the old laptops where you can replace the CPU, but not the GPU sadly,probably because most of the ones i had, were from the 2000s lol.

vor 1 Minute schrieb TheLegendaryGrim:

Where can i find this ssd?

and what should i do with to increase fps?

Install windows on the SSD and the game too.

You can find them online to buy or in the store.

Edited by xMarvin732

SSD (Solid state drive) is an alternative to a Hard drive, they're much faster but don't live as long (as far as I know). Switching to SSD should help, but overall you'll want a faster CPU, 1.9 GHz is pretty slow (I didn't even know they still exist tbh), Also, get more RAM if you can, 4 GB is fine for regular content but open maps eat A LOT more of it.

Also, I'm biased here, but Radeon video cards aren't great for gaming in general imo.

For a fix that doesn't include hardware upgrade:

Get your setting to as low as they can get, play in a window, turn on dynamic resolution and lower it as well. Game will look like Fallout 76, but it'll run a lot faster.

Edited by Infirito

• what are the reasons (there are multiple) that loading into a Landscape isn't as fast as desirable?
    • there are many limiting factors here on loading speed. the Landscapes, unlike Normal Missions, have your computer loading a lot more stuff, and needing all of it at once rather than being able to be more gradual and needing less overall data. for better or for worse, that means that the effective minspec is higher for the Landscape regions.
    • the Processor in your Notebook, leaves something to be desired. it is a 2 Core Processor, and having 4+ Cores (yours is 2 Core 4 Thread, but 4 real Cores makes a big difference of running a game + your background stuff in the Operating System) is much preferable. 
    • your GPU, is... acceptable. if you are not using Dynamic Resolution, i extremely recommend enabling that to Auto.
    • the amount of System Memory your Notebook has, leaves something to be desired. it's pretty difficult to play a Video Game and do anything else at the same time with 4GBytes. unlike most parts of a Notebook, adding Memory is generally pretty simple and requires little to no technical knowledge.
  • what is an SSD? it is a Flash Memory based storage solution, rather than a spinning Hard Disk. any SSD is capable of responding hunreds of times faster than a Hard Disk.
    • here is what the two main design formats of SSD's look like. no particular reason why i show these Products over others, just picked any for the purpose of demonstration.
      Spoiler

dB7JerR.png

there is also a third Format, but this is much less common to find. however this Format is more common in older-ish Notebooks.

• Spoiler

Qx4l5o8.png

so, what do i suggest overall? well replacing the Processor and GPU in most Notebooks is not really an option. while there are some more Modular systems that exist, the vast majority of Notebooks have both the CPU and GPU Soldered directly to the Motherboard. changing what is fit in these cases requires significant technical knowledge in both Electronics, Soldering of Electronics, as well as owning or having access to a Hot Air Soldering station (these are not cheap). and you are limited to what the Motherboard in the Notebook supports, which can be difficult to get information on due to Notebooks having little to nothing in terms of standards.

so, some of your issues will not have any remedies other than 'buy a new Notebook', unfortunately.
however you may try installing an SSD in addition to your Hard Disk or replacing it (the first Format i showed is going to be the easiest to work with most likely, you would just take out the Hard Disk and slot it in place. the third mSATA format might also be an option, however most Notebooks have but one of these Slots and have a Wi-Fi module in it. meaning that you would probably have to remove Wi-Fi from your Notebook to use it.). this should make some impact, but limited by the Memory, CPU, and GPU concerns.

you may look to find some extra Memory for your Notebook. another 4gig soDIMM if your Notebook has 2+ Memory Slots may be an option, or if it has but one you would need to replace the 4gig module with an 8gig+ one.
where the Memory Capacity would have limited benefit from the local storage, CPU, and GPU concerns.

it's hard to say whether increasing Memory Capacity or installing an SSD would help more in this case.
in short, you could read this as 'get a new computer'. that is somewhat of a summary of what your best long term options are. my other suggestions are just stopgap solutions that may offer some improvement in the short term.

50 minutes ago, Infirito said:
  • they're much faster but don't live as long (as far as I know).
  • 1.9 GHz is pretty slow (I didn't even know they still exist tbh),
  • Also, I'm biased here, but Radeon video cards aren't great for gaming in general imo.
  • shorter practical life span than a Hard Disk yes, however most users won't come near the point that they even drop in performance let alone actually wear out. the SSD's that have some of the earliest performance drooping on the market starts at around 300TBytes written. final lifespan of almost any SSD is able to hit 600-700TBytes written. ones that can manage for a very long time can reach multiple PetaBytes.
  • but anyways, 300TB Written as the earliest point anything can generally be noticed, is still quite a lot for most users who don't install tons of things (mainly Video Games and large Video Files) on a regular basis.
  • the pure Frequency number of a Processor does not tell you very much about its performance.
  • that is indeed quite the bias. deciding that a Brand name is inappropriate. rather than even any particular Product offerings. picking by Brand name doesn't sound like that efficient of a selection process.
Edited by taiiat

There currently isn't a fix for host migration errors. If you are running public bountys and are not host, I've started using leave squad before you enter to go back in Cetus and therefore force host migration earlier when the game isn't loading Cetus.

How fast the gate opens depends on how fast your system can load the data as you enter the Plains. Your mobile system has a even slower than usual mobile hard drive that runs at half the speed of a already slow average hard drive. 

If your laptop PC can fit a SSD, get even the cheapest one will improve the loading time dramatically. 

Guys I Want To Get As Much As Fps As Possible In Plains And Fortuna. What Should I Change In The ee.cfg File In Warframe? I Change My Graphics.ResolutionScale In the ee.cfg file settings to 0.1 now im getting like 30-72fps in plains and fortuna but i do get lag spikes. Anyway to reduce the lag spikes using the ee.cfg file setttings? Thx

1 hour ago, TheLegendaryGrim said:

Well here

CPU Type
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz

Gpu Type

Amd Radeon M330 R5

System Memory
4 GB

Windows Version
Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

oh boi.....

uhm, you're SOL. thats not gonna fly with any amount of tweaking. those specs are simply too weak to get any decent functional performance out of the game, mostly the GPU since its below the minimum specs of the game. 

it might sound like sucky advice. but you're better off trying to build a new computer from second-hand parts. i'd suggest buying an older full system minus the GPU (something with a CPU like the i7 3770 is still more than good enough, i personally did something similar with a xeon E5 1650 V1 system), a full computer with an i7 3770 runs for about 400 euro's tops, then buy a second-hand 1060 3gb, which i also did myself, that will run you at most 150 bucks more, so then for 550 bucks you'll have a computer that i can guarantee you will run warframe at 60FPS maximum settings, hell, maybe even 120 in some missions. and you wont have to worry about updates increasing the minimum specs anymore. 

again sorry if this isnt what you wanted to hear, but its simply reality, and reality is often dissapointing. 

you were already given the best options available to you in the last Thread - the Configuration File for Warframe doesn't have anything that you don't already have in the Options menu, when it comes to Video Settings.

enable Dynamic Resolution, and keep most Video Settings fairly minimal. mainly things like Texture Memory budget, Anti-Aliasing, extra detail Lighting Effects, Et Cetera.
(oh, and play in Exclusive Fullscreen, the extra resource load from playing in a Window is not recommended for your system)
ultimately performance is going to struggle though. hence the other suggestions outside of just Video Settings that you were offered.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, cmacq said:

I have all the required gear (ssd etc.) 

if the Loading is taking a long time, then that would make it fairly clear that your system does not infact hit all of the ideal bullet points. if it is not having an SSD or having sufficient System Memory that is it, perhaps it is not enabling Dynamic Resolution if you're sunning on integrated Graphics, perhaps it is a low power Processor that struggles with the game overall let alone the heavy crunch of that loading, perhaps it is even Networking related if you're not the Host.

I think you're better off with a new computer. @SupremeDutchGamer said more before me so I will just add this:
A new computer will be better for you in the long run. As time goes on, your computer which is already outdated (not sure if it's a laptop or not) will become even worse. I had a laptop with better specs than yours 6 years ago. The computer I have now is about 3 years old, got some outdated parts, but can still run extremely heavy games on ultra settings with no issues. Cost me about 1000$ including one part I upgraded, and I bet you can get for cheaper.

I recommand a new computer, it will carry you for the next 5 years or so at the very least. I usually don't like recommanding something that cost money and will try to find a way to increase performance instead like you do, but I experianced both methods and I believe increasing performance is a temporary solution.

You do not want to be modifying your ee.cfg file, not manually at least. If you want to decrease your graphics fidelity to gain increased FPS, you should be adjusting your game settings through the game's launcher as well as the in-game graphics options. Modifying your ee.cfg by hand runs the risk of doing more harm than good, and any modifications you make to your ee.cfg file will not give you increased frames per second above what you can achieve by modifying in-game settings. 

And, as others have said, based on your PC's specifications, you should really invest in getting a PC that has a more capable CPU, GPU and more system memory.

14 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

And, as others have said, based on your PC's specifications, you should really invest in getting a PC that has a more capable CPU, GPU and more system memory.

This.

You are running on potato, not a gaming PC. DE did even raised their minimal specs.

https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200182230-What-are-the-minimum-specs-for-Warframe-

It's looks like we running a quite similar setup.

I'm playing on i5-4210U and GT840M. Everything on high except color correction, but im running on 1366x768 resolution. It does run 30 fps on plain and fortuna, but I found that enabling motion blur did help reducing jittering. Yes it does look bad, but I prefer smooth camera movement then stuttering camera movement.

Since you been playing on laptop, most sudden fps drop and sometimes stuttering cause by cpu overheat.

30 FPS is really playable on Warframe. I been playing this game with my old 540M since 2015

5 hours ago, FrostedMike said:

not sure if it's a laptop or not

sadly it is, its mostly his GPU as well, CPU meets the minimum in terms of performance, but the GPU is so old and bad you might as well just not.... (its about twice the performance as the GT210 or so) 

9 minutes ago, Lyana.Jacqueline said:

It's looks like we running a quite similar setup.

I'm playing on i5-4210U and GT840M. Everything on high except color correction, but im running on 1366x768 resolution. It does run 30 fps on plain and fortuna, but I found that enabling motion blur did help reducing jittering. Yes it does look bad, but I prefer smooth camera movement then stuttering camera movement.

Since you been playing on laptop, most sudden fps drop and sometimes stuttering cause by cpu overheat.

30 FPS is really playable on Warframe. I been playing this game with my old 540M since 2015

not really similar at all actually, your GPU is 50% better than his, and your CPU is about 30% better than his. 

• Like 2

Maybe not change the file at all. There was your first mistake. Thats why there is a settings menu...

As for your pc, its long past time you upgrade it to something a bit better. Open World tilesets hog resources. Many MORE so than you'd expect from a simple shooter.

So here i am having lag spikes in plains and fortuna. In plains i have an average fps of 30-130fps with less lag spikes. Fortuna I get a lot of lag spikes and an fps of 30-80. My Specs are.

CPU Type
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4030U CPU @ 1.90GHz

Gpu Type

Amd Radeon M330 R5

System Memory
4 GB

Windows Version
Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

Pls dont tell me to buy a new computer or buy anything else i still cant afford those XP

Even though this is basically a duplicate post, let me reiterate what pretty much everyone else told you on your previous thread;

If you already have all of your settings set as low as you can, there's nothing more you can really do outside of making sure there's no extraneous applications running in the background.