Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vackz_

Iron Wake work as the Backroom in Fortuna for future Raid rework

Sortie was locked behind the TWW quest, Raid can also be lock behind The Chain of Harrow quest, making it having less new player to join the Raid unintentional.

Any content that could be linked to Iron Wake would be nice. Such an awesome place, and it doesn't have any use besides during the Chains of Harrow. Surely DE intends to do something with it, much like the infested room in the orbiter (which is wasted on being merely a space beauty shop).

I just wish DE didn't make most of these maps to let them basically rot after they fullfilled their one purpose. So many opportunities wasted. And Iron Wake could indeed be like that. Imagine, Iron Wake being Red Veil/Steel Meridian we could even start Law of Retribution from there. But there's more. Imagine that Jordas Verdict is the same, but tied to the Mycona Colony somehow. And even more, a Corpus Raid from where you get reliable rare crates that is tied to the Perrin or some other Corpus-related people apart from Fortuna.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I just wish DE didn't make most of these maps to let them basically rot after they fullfilled their one purpose. So many opportunities wasted. And Iron Wake could indeed be like that. Imagine, Iron Wake being Red Veil/Steel Meridian we could even start Law of Retribution from there. But there's more. Imagine that Jordas Verdict is the same, but tied to the Mycona Colony somehow. And even more, a Corpus Raid from where you get reliable rare crates that is tied to the Perrin or some other Corpus-related people apart from Fortuna.

Exactly DE need to step there game up couldnt agree more with you. Adding content and abandoning it is just so stupid on there part. 

Iron wake... I haen't been there for 'years'. 

In essence the time DE spent on that place was a complete waste of resources as it's not used for anything other than the quest, which could have easily been done elsewhere.

But then the game wouldn't be like it is now if DE didn't start something then leave it half finished.... they start something then stop working on it for the next 'new thing' leaving the previous thing in a poor state far too often, they really need to 'finish' the stuff they start.

I think that implemented properly, this could be a really cool addition. Bringing back classic raids but perhaps rewriting the story to be lore friendly to steel meridian. I like Eidelon hunts, but to be honest, I miss the old style raids. They weren't a perfect solution either, but there was just something special about being able to squad up with eight people to take on the challenge. A decent rework like this could bring them back in an epic way if DE ever decided to do something like this, and I really hope that something like this does happen in the future for Warframe.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Koosh5501 said:

I think that implemented properly, this could be a really cool addition. Bringing back classic raids but perhaps rewriting the story to be lore friendly to steel meridian. I like Eidelon hunts, but to be honest, I miss the old style raids. They weren't a perfect solution either, but a decent rework like this could bring them back in an epic way if DE ever decided to do something like this.

For me the worst thing about raids was just the toxic incels. I loved the teamplay and going with any of my meta frame roles and just do my part, while others would do theirs. Plus there were those stages you had to go trough, like telling a story or going trough a mini-quest, and they were meaningful and logical. I just want that when the raids return they come truly fixed, specially Jordas Verdict. That one was a complete and utter mess that I did not enjoy at all. The added bugs only brought even more toxicity.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

For me the worst thing about raids was just the toxic incels. I loved the teamplay and going with any of my meta frame roles and just do my part, while others would do theirs. Plus there were those stages you had to go trough, like telling a story or going trough a mini-quest, and they were meaningful and logical. I just want that when the raids return they come truly fixed, specially Jordas Verdict. That one was a complete and utter mess that I did not enjoy at all. The added bugs only brought even more toxicity.

True Jordas Verdict was pretty bad bug wise, but the concept of it was still cool as S#&$ and with a bit of work I bet it could have been amazing. I feel like with a little bit of work, DE could have made raids perfect, but instead they scrapped them entirely for the time being.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Koosh5501 said:

True Jordas Verdict was pretty bad bug wise, but the concept of it was still cool as S#&$ and with a bit of work I bet it could have been amazing. I feel like with a little bit of work, DE could have made raids perfect, but instead they scrapped them entirely for the time being.

Yes it was a great concept. But the constant game breaking bugs, the fact that it was way more confusing that LoR, that most people, even me sometimes, had no clue what was happening at any given time, only made the team quite toxic among itself. And when you scream to another player chances are that they'll only mess up even worse, or quit and possibly making the raid fail. Plus, unlike LoR, which you could do easily with a 4-man team, 5 ideally but not more, JV required a lot more hands on deck to fulfill the many different roles.That's the saddest part of it.

But assuming that both LoR and JV return fully fixed there's only 2 things I'd change about JV; Firstly, make the damn rare corpus rare container common! At least as common as it was in LoR, where in every run you were pretty much guaranteed to find at least 2-3 of them. Secondly: Remove the damn rare corpus container from JV entirely and replace the damn thing for an equally common infested container that drops mutagenic mass! And create a damn Corpus raid and place the damn corpus rare container there, also while common like the rest! 😤

Edit: And while they're at it, create some sort of an Orokin raid and place the motherload of all containers there! The Orokin rare crate that drops built forma! I'd die happy with it.