Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High level Wolf is unbeatable

DroopingPuppy

Just after encountered a 70+ level Wolf of Saturn Six, and I think that it is not meant to be killed. I don't understand why such an abomination is on the game.

Well, I have faced him with around 30s and 40s level, and I can beat him with my random party member although it was not so easy. But, with 70 level it is impossible.

The problem is, he has both armor value as well as immunity to every procs and abilities. If the enemy has armor and has high level, we can deal with it by procs and abilities. If the enemy is immune to the effects, without armor we can kill it when we shoot enough bullets. But, having both of them is simply out of sense.

In Warframe, armored enemies with around 80+ levels(for typical enemies, not the 'boss' enemies) are have to be deal with anti armor solutions or bust, because damage reduction by armor is ridiculously high. But why he need to immune to both abilities and status effects? I don't get it.

1 minute ago, KirukaChan said:

There is one way to strip his armor: Shattering Impact. At least until DE decides to take that away from us too.

Briliant, though I don't think that it would patch up the mess.

Anyway thanks for the info. I don't think that it is a serious game changer against him but it is better than simply running away from him.

34 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Just after encountered a 70+ level Wolf of Saturn Six, and I think that it is not meant to be killed. I don't understand why such an abomination is on the game.

Well, I have faced him with around 30s and 40s level, and I can beat him with my random party member although it was not so easy. But, with 70 level it is impossible.

The problem is, he has both armor value as well as immunity to every procs and abilities. If the enemy has armor and has high level, we can deal with it by procs and abilities. If the enemy is immune to the effects, without armor we can kill it when we shoot enough bullets. But, having both of them is simply out of sense.

In Warframe, armored enemies with around 80+ levels(for typical enemies, not the 'boss' enemies) are have to be deal with anti armor solutions or bust, because damage reduction by armor is ridiculously high. But why he need to immune to both abilities and status effects? I don't get it.

Just ran into a lvl 81 version of him, took us 35 minutes to bring him down as no one had an ideal kit. All we got was a stupid ass eleventh storm mod for facing likely one of the most annoying grinds in game. GFG DE..

8 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Well, I have faced him with around 30s and 40s level, and I can beat him with my random party member although it was not so easy. 

That in itself tells me you're not modded for him. He invaded me as level 30 last night and died in 2 shots. Just spawn, bang bang, DEAD, thanks for the sledge part. What are you using on him? I'll bet it's a slash weapon.

Edited by Zilchy

Just got him level 70, 4 of us hitting him non stop for like 20 minutes didn't even take a quarter of his health off, of course he spawns when I'm leveling gear, I was using chroma though with whatever buff you get from 130 PS. I just noped tf out of there after doing basically nothing, probably would have got jack anyway, an hour and 3 million ammo restores for fever strike? No thanks. 

• Like 1

ive seen a lvl 85 wolf took 15 min, a lvl 127 wolf took 27 min and a lvl 148 took 43 min of nothing but dps.... all i do in this game is flood 95% of the time

Yet another reason your stealth nerfing kuva

This is a serious concern for retention and needs to be addressed 

i just got bugged out of a kuva flood and now its gone and wasted that whole hours mission... this and your co-op breaking trolling ability inherent in def lasers, 2person doors, limbo, frost...

i cant even run solo to escape this games flaws and have enjoyment anymore...

its really bad i dont buy plat at 75% off until your trolling is toned WAYAAAAYYYYy  down ....

and now wolf... i guess theres just nothing left for me here

On 2019-03-28 at 6:23 PM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

"Give us stronger enemies!"
DE: "K"

*encounter Wolf*

"Enemy too strong! NERF HE!"
DE: "......"

The point is, put the stronger enemy have really no problems but simply throw an invincible enemy is not making sense at all.

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎28 at 10:23 AM, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

"Give us stronger enemies!"
DE: "K"

*encounter Wolf*

"Enemy too strong! NERF HE!"
DE: "......"

Wolf isn't strong. Wolf is a bland-ass bullet-sponge that outputs absolutely no significant threat, he just sits there and eats half an hour of your time. 

He has no damage output, he just has a couple billion HP and exorbitant armour so that he doesn't die. He's just sitting there and in some cases, he's making it impossible to continue your mission.

• Like 3

On 2019-03-31 at 4:42 AM, Colyeses said:

Wolf isn't strong. Wolf is a bland-ass bullet-sponge that outputs absolutely no significant threat, he just sits there and eats half an hour of your time. 

He has no damage output, he just has a couple billion HP and exorbitant armour so that he doesn't die. He's just sitting there and in some cases, he's making it impossible to continue your mission.

Meh, sounds like a fun target to play with, to me.

5 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

You'll be pleased to know that this target is available in literally every mission you encounter!

It's called a wall.

😛  I'm sure it'll be more fun than that....  I  enjoy just the fun of having a good fight.  Encountering new enemies, new lore...it's all good to me.  I'm not overly concerned with how hard or easy he is to kill. 

Honestly, I wish other Assassins were HARDER to kill...just to make 'em a bit scarier.  BUT that's coming from the perspective of someone who's done quite a bit.  I remember when I was new, flickering lights and whatnot were legit scary. Loved that ^_^

On 2019-03-31 at 9:42 AM, Colyeses said:

^^ this

I am on the switch, and I find myself running missions alone more often (pub, not solo) and get Wolf a lot - typically when lvling new weapons. I wait for a bit, mostly no-one else joins, so I get bored after 5 mins, complete the objective, or quit if defence, as he locks completion.

I'll help ppl out if in a team, but I am of the opinion it is just not a good use of my game time.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

Meh, sounds like a fun target to play with, to me.

It's really not.

It's basically 'point a gun at face, hold/spam trigger'.

If you've got a squishy frame, add 'walk to once side every 15 seconds or stand in a high place'

3 hours ago, (PS4)Taishin_Ishu said:

😛  I'm sure it'll be more fun than that....  I  enjoy just the fun of having a good fight.  Encountering new enemies, new lore...it's all good to me.  I'm not overly concerned with how hard or easy he is to kill. 

Honestly, I wish other Assassins were HARDER to kill...just to make 'em a bit scarier.  BUT that's coming from the perspective of someone who's done quite a bit.  I remember when I was new, flickering lights and whatnot were legit scary. Loved that ^_^

If the threat is fun, it need to be conquerable. Unfortunately, he is not.

On 2019-04-01 at 4:15 AM, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Killed level 70 Wolf with hysteria with corrosive talons. It took 15 seconds. Kid you not. If I'd have known he was that tough I'd have recorded it.

So, I believed Valkyr's Talons, being exalted weapons, would not hurt Wolf.

However, I was able to hurt him with them today, April 03. My friend thinks he stripped his armor with Oberon. Has he been made vulnerable to abilities?

Edited by twitch.tv_Mythraen