Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High level Wolf is unbeatable

DroopingPuppy

On 2019-04-01 at 5:15 AM, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Killed level 70 Wolf with hysteria with corrosive talons. It took 15 seconds. Kid you not. If I'd have known he was that tough I'd have recorded it.

I second this, i've done it faster even with a pure crit based hysteria build. I used the umbra steel to get my critical over 100% and gladiator mods(yes they still work with exaulted weapons you just need a stat stick as a melee weapon, they don't need to be on talons for them to affect them)

On 2019-04-12 at 3:38 AM, Urlan said:

What do the corrosive talons mean in this case? The Wolf is immune to all statuses and corrosive projection. So far, his armor can be reduced by Sundering Dash, Shattering Impact, and Sharpened Claws being used by a Kavat. Even at around only level 45 he does enough damage in a single hammer throw to take 700 Hp from a warframe with 300 armor so while he isn't as damaging as he is durable, he can easily kill a team without invulnerability or heavy amounts of endurance like Chroma and Valkyr. He and his buddies also ignore such effects as Limbo rift for those that like using that entertainer warframe. In this case, Wolf also doesn't take increased damage from corrosive elements, instead taking extra damage from Radiation both with and without armor. (alloy both above and below his armor oddly enough) He also has some innate damage resist even beyond his armor damage resist similar to an Eidolon.

For what its worth, melee builds due to melee combo counter, or anti Eidolon load-outs do reasonably well against him due to similar immunity to status and abilities.

his minions even though they are immortal are still affected by status affects from exaulted blade(I use radiation damage, possibly a bug but they freeze and stop doing anything while wolf occasionally sees them as an enemy and attacks them) with healing return on that blade I actually use the minions to heal myself. even further cheese, they still allow your blade to gain combo counter while healing you, if you put them between you and wolfie, you hit him as well, while doing increasing damage do to your combo multiplier climbing.

Agree with you about corrosive damage, as wolf has alloy armor and corrosive neither has a benefit nor disadvantage to this type. in fact those talons probably were so effective due to the puncture damage that the talons do(its base damage is an even split between slash, puncture, and impact), his armor is weak vs puncture although not as much as radiation damage.

Personally I find a high crit build on those talons very effective versus the wolf even without radiation damage in the mix.(the build in puncture damage is more than good enough it seems)