Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When can we expect "solo only" Nightwave challenges

(PSN)grevenilvec75

I'm mostly playing solo or in public teams and I don't like the "Friend/Clan" requirements, but I also wouldn't be a friend of a solo requirement.
Warframe is a game for 1-4 players, so I always would prefer content that works for solo players AND different group sizes.

Yeah, sure, why not. A lot of people would hate them, but a lot of people hate every nightwave challenge, and usually the opposite end of those complaints is "you don't have to do all of them and not everything needs to be for you!".

i don't think "solo" is really a compelling idea, but i also don't think anything about nightwave is compelling to start with, so they may as well throw whatever on the pile

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

I would love to see this just to see all the people that tell others to not play solo have to play solo or so they can use the "you only need blah blah percentage completed so skip it" excuse for themselves.

• Like 1

For the "hardcore" challenge-centric people out there, who think all the acts should be challenging, it would be good, because I consider Solo a ton more reflective of how skilled of a player you are, than being part of a group and being helped (if not entirely carried) to complete an objective.

(that said, I wouldn't want to force either solo or group play on anyone.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)grevenilvec75 said:

Since the intent of some of the Nightwave challenges was to cater to "niche" aspects of the playerbase, I think solo only Sorties or the like would be a great improvement for season 2+.

Uh... Pretty sure that we could have done over 90% of the challenges solo. 

32 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Hm, weird. I’ve been doing over 90% of the Nightwave challenges solo. Must be a glitch.

Yup that seems to confirm my rough estimate. 

Even though there is a precedent for solo play with riven challenges I wouldn't expect this to happen.

The "with friends/clannies" requirement exists to try to help with player retention. If you get a group of friends together to play WF regularly you will probably have more fun and are more likely to keep coming back (otherwise boring chores can be fun with friends).

So, I don't see a positive for DE to add solo only NW chores...and I say this as a mostly solo player. NW didn't replace alerts because DE was concerned about players loosing sleep, it's to get you to play WF regularly as opposed to WF being that game that's just always there and you play between other games; which sadly was one of the reasons I loved WF.

• Like 1