Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BRT_LovesSushi

xbox one controller support broken

Question

anyone else have this issue? the game worked perfectly before the latest update and patches, now I don't seem to have controller support... Playing the game on Steam, I used to be able to launch from steam app direct and in big picture, now neither mode actually supports the Xbox one controller with full compatibility :/ Currently, I can't even log in when a controller is connected to my system it's like Steam has lost all the default controller mapping?

thoughts?

4 answers to this question

They fixed most of the issues with the latest patch, had to reconfig my controller and the sticks don’t work great in menu, but at least the gameplay is working fine 🙂 

since this keeps happening from time to time with the steam client I would say it is a Warframe issue. At least was able to grab the year 6 freebies last night 😉 

51 minutes ago, BRT_LovesSushi said:

thoughts?

This sounds more like a Steam problem than a Warframe one. I have no issues at all with an XB1 controller.

• All you mention is issues with Steam. I am not sure how that relates to Warframe. Does it only happen with Warframe?

You could try and reinstall/update your controller drivers.

If you do a search through the forums, there were a number of fairly recent threads about a quirk with Steam causing issues regarding controller support. Can’t recall exactly how long ago it was, or what the precise fix was. Sorry that I couldn’t be of more direct assistance. 

I usually run them game via Discord these days, but the one time I started it through Steam a week or so back, my controller was not being recognized. As I was only there to check out the new Tennogen, I just did my browsing, and then restarted the game from Discord. I’ve had no issues at all with the Discord client, and prefer it.

xbox one s controller red - not working. Steam version of game.