Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)nolem132

Next open World ideas

First off his is just an idea and if they were to add it, it will most likely be awhile away.

So my idea thing is that because we have the two open worlds each with its own fraction and we know about a town of people that lives on Eris because of the nidus quest line so my thinking is the next open world will be infested on Eris.

Things that would come from this is modular primary weapons and new skins but then we get to the world bosses and what I imagine when I hear infested world bosses is giant creatures of twisting flesh and stuff.

I thinks it sounds cool, so if you have any ideas to add to this or something feel free to.

Next Open world will either be Mars or Mercury, DE wants Open worlds to be available fairly soon to everyone, having a open world on Eris would not bring in new players.

Hmmmm that is true, Mars would be cool because of the Inaros stuff but I would have to go with mercury because I think there is more infested missions but what other planets could they use?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)nolem132 said:

Hmmmm that is true, Mars would be cool because of the Inaros stuff but I would have to go with mercury because I think there is more infested missions but what other planets could they use?

Right now the best options would be only Mars and Mercury, maybe Phobos whit luck.

Well now that we know it will most likely be mars or mercury unless they just go right out there what do you think the town be called? Oh and the weapons

10 minutes ago, (PS4)nolem132 said:

Well now that we know it will most likely be mars or mercury unless they just go right out there what do you think the town be called? Oh and the weapons

The next Modular Weapons would be Primarys.

Maybe we could go to a hidden Mars settlement of Grineer Defectors ? Kinda would be fun to see a place that isnt a human colony but a colony of Grineer or Corpus refuges.

ok we got a Lush Grassland and a Freezing Mountain Valley's.

What's next? How about a Hot Desert or a mix between a Large Open Desert and  complex Rocky Canyons. Grineer-centric ofcourse. would look much more similar to already existing tilesets But OPEN instead of being tiles.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

The next Modular Weapons would be Primarys.

Maybe we could go to a hidden Mars settlement of Grineer Defectors ? Kinda would be fun to see a place that isnt a human colony but a colony of Grineer or Corpus refuges.

That sounds cool I do like the idea of refuges

3 minutes ago, Evil.Eye said:

What's next? How about a Hot Desert or a mix between a Large Open Desert and  complex Rocky Canyons. Grineer-centric ofcourse. would look much more similar to already existing tilesets But OPEN instead of being tiles.

Hot desert would be a good guess and I like the sound of canyons maybe some ruins too.

6 minutes ago, Evil.Eye said:

2 minutes ago, (PS4)nolem132 said:

That sounds cool I do like the idea of refuges

We could make the Grineer defectors live in the old ruins of Baro´s tribe maybe ? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

We could make the Grineer defectors live in the old ruins of Baro´s tribe maybe ? 

That would be cool could even have Baro there and the story could be that he took the defectors in and is trying to teach them his ways or something.

Just now, (PS4)nolem132 said:

That would be cool could even have Baro there and the story could be that he took the defectors in and is trying to teach them his ways or something.

Baro and his legion of Grineer void traders, sounds cool XD

I don't know about Mercury or Mars...If Rail Jack wasn't a thing I would go with them...but with a giant sailing star ship and Steve saying on his interview with Mogamu about drifting into the realm of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous I can see them adding a surprise in a Jupiter Open World for the Jupiter Remaster where we have a Sea of Thieves in the Jovian Skies...I can see us sailing from floating cloud city to Refineries while Orokin machine beasts lurk in the lower clouds...Anyways that would be my focus if I was in the board room on a Monday with them...We've already done two large open maps..but a open sky ocean map...that would be something different for Warframe...

Baro and his legion of Grineer void traders, sounds cool XD

Would also mean more lore when you get to max ran plus you get to be Baro's friend.

1 minute ago, (PS4)nolem132 said:

Would also mean more lore when you get to max ran plus you get to be Baro's friend.

Ducat discounts would be a nice perk XD

1 minute ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

I don't know about Mercury or Mars...If Rail Jack wasn't a thing I would go with them...but with a giant sailing star ship and Steve saying on his interview with Mogamu about drifting into the realm of Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous I can see them adding a surprise in a Jupiter Open World for the Jupiter Remaster where we have a Sea of Thieves in the Jovian Skies...I can see us sailing from floating cloud city to Refineries while Orokin machine beasts lurk in the lower clouds...Anyways that would be my focus if I was in the board room on a Monday with them...We've already done two large open maps..but a open sky ocean map...that would be something different for Warframe...

Yeah it's true rail Jack is a Thing that's coming and I do like the sound of a water world thing

6 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

If it's a floating city I would like that. But Not if it REQUIRES reliance on Archwings. Great for travel but total crap in every other department.

an example would be Skytown, with Tones of rails to ride on. that would be cool.

1000?cb=20141021062308

8 minutes ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

At best I can see Railjack being a key feature to fight the Flydolon on Jupiter, I dont think DE would risk making a "open world" which requires something no new player will have.

Just now, Evil.Eye said:

If it's a floating city I would like that. But Not if it REQUIRES reliance on Archwings. Great for travel but total crap in every other department.

an example would be Skytown, with Tones of rails to ride on. that would be cool.

1000?cb=20141021062308

A Archwing based skytown would be awsome.

A Archwing based skytown would be awesome.

I think if they were going to do a skytown open world they have to implement that archwing rework they keep talking about but never getting to on dev streams and if they did do that I would look forward to it.

Why not an infested superstation in the asteroid belt?

We'll get an infested open world without needing late infested planet for new player

2 minutes ago, doomeynoker said:

Why not an infested superstation in the asteroid belt?

We'll get an infested open world without needing late infested planet for new player

What we kinda need is an actual moon that is completely taken over by the infestation, I dont mean ships or something like that, I mean the actual moon is completely corrupted by the infested.

To be honest i'm tired of open worlds , i dont want to have to redo plains of eidolon every year. Besides , making open world areas is too time consuming and ends up hurting the rest of the game 

I want a giant Desert on Mars, with big, empty areas with dunes.

It would finally give me a reason to grind the Vent Kids and buy a custom K Drive, so that I can go sand surfing in the desert.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

To be honest i'm tired of open worlds , i dont want to have to redo plains of eidolon every year. Besides , making open world areas is too time consuming and ends up hurting the rest of the game 

We are just speculating, DE has already said that there wont be Open Worlds this year.