Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buried Debts: Hotfix 24.5.7

[DE]Megan

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave Fixes:

• Fixed ability to repeatable collect Convict Standing by Host migrating and re-joining the previous squad, of which we have found a handful of obvious exploiters and will be acting accordingly.

What about being taxied to Sortie for Nightwave act? Also being taxied to the same Sindicate mission allows for sooner completion of act.

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

these are small steps in a larger plan to simplify this system for a more streamlined structure. 

the office crying GIF

This can't come soon enough. Constantly putting pets in and out of stasis has been my largest annoyance with the game since Fetch released. It has been like... "oh finally I can use pets"... "oh wait this is almost just as awful as pets not having vacuum".

il y a 42 minutes, Urlan a dit :

I don't think you would need special magus upgrades to deal with chaff enemies when your weapons do more damage than abilities but it must be the forgetting something. I would assume then you are referring to trying to use it to fight enemies that have scaled past your means in endless runs. Doesn't really have the same oomph when doing so has already been addressed once per updates as being considered potentially problematic behavior and thus had limits put on them and interactions with Void dash ability nodes and other Magus enhancements. Maxing your current focus nodes and getting the magus enhancements, amps, and virtuos is being introduced to the first stage of Tenno power, the first steps of the hero's journey they have to make.

Nah, Not what I meant. (Don't take this personnally, cause it's not, I'll just rant-ishly explain what happens regularly in Profit-Taker's fight in public matchmaking)

More like, in profit-taker : you get trillions of adds popping left and right, because, figures why, some people think it's not their role to survive AND/OR deal dmg AND/OR clean the adds/reinforcement beacons right in front of them, you know, the type of guys that come into that profit-taker fight, end up with 2% damage at MR20+, having been revived 7 times and dead 5 times, ...which... proves they DO have arcanes ...

Okay, maybe they haven't got a good enough heavy weapon, I'm ok with it, mine on a 300ish% power chroma will be enough, but, then, there is the time you spend reviving them.

Which happens for 2 reasons : Bringing in paper-made frames AND not dealing with the increasing sources of damage, a.k.a. the adds.

I'll add a 3rd reason : I feel compelled to help them up, fully knowing they'll do squat and waste more time a few seconds later, because if I don't, there is a chance I'll get endless messaging about how I'm a -BEEEEP- for not reviving them, and have them throwing tantrums and being even less helpful as is (Hard to imagine, I know, yet, very possible....Ever been chain-exiled by a limbo when you try to squeeze your damage in ?)

This loss of time can be fought by Killing said adds, and destroying the Reinforcement beacons they lay around ASAP. Which I cannot do while i'm reviving the guy (guy who didn't deal with it before).

Want to know what the worst part is ? The boss (Profit-Taker) is only vulnerable to a single damage type at once, and the operator dmg can force a shift in those vulnerabilities, but with a 5 seconds cooldown, as you probably know. These guys that need a thousand revives per minute, what do they do ? They are waiting for THEIR dmg type. Emphasize on WAITING and TYPE (singular).

Like they literally ONLY put ONE damage type on primary, secondary, and HeavyWeapon, and they just WAIT for this dmg to show, except that when they do that, they actively force-shift the vulnerability with the operator, until some of their weapons start doing something else than grey zeroes on the boss.

By doing so, the increasing number of adds, which also gain in difficulty/size, are becoming a serious threat to yourself as well, even though you were actively cleaning them up too. At some point, you have to swap weapons because you have no time to reload, as heavy hitting primaries/secondaries tend to have longer reloads too, and you end up forced to reload your pistol as well, despite strategical use of heavy melee strikes to dispatch the mass of lesser threats.

Then you look at Profit-Taker, and notice one of your primary weapon main dmg is its current vulnerability, and you try to get it done, because that shield won't go down by itself, but swap time + reload means there is a few seconds were you're unable to do damage in that 5 seconds window of opportunity, before the "tourist" decides that he "doesn't like the look of that logo on P-T's forehead", -zap- it changes to something else... one damage type you don't have...forced for 5 seconds, so you go cleaning adds again during that time, except you still haven't reloaded your pistol, and you either have to do it now and face more adds later, or kill adds now with your primary, and face another "waaaaaait I'm reloading, this is my damage typ- Oh COME ON!" episode.

On top of this, remember that Heavy weapons are slow to deploy, limited in ammos, and in-between deploys, unless you go scavenger-hunting for the yellow ammo packs, and that they limit access to other weapons as well, Also, there are a number of enemies able to interrupt your reloads by staggers or knockdowns.

What isn't limited, (yet ?), is the passage to operator form.

Some Amplifiers work great in that case. I personnally use a cantic/propa/certus with the critdmg arcane ("virtuos strike" I guess). But what is even more useful, is the magus lockdown. When your operator dies in about one hit anyway, the HP magus doesn't look that impressive to have, but the lockdown one, able to link to 8 enemies per cast, needing about 3 cast per pack to kill them without wasting a single ammo, when you can have enough energy to do 7 of those in a row, —that— magus lockdown, suddenly becomes very interesting as a way to deal with adds without wasting ammos, and without having to explain for 15 minutes to "Mr Tourist", that zapping the P-T's vulnerabilities "just cause he feels like it" isn't the right thing to do.

You keep your weapons available, sleep/kill the adds (or Propa'em up), and at the same time, your presence in cloaked operator gives back 20% hp/second to those paper-frames if they happen to be in the 20m range. Win-Win.

(also, since you mentionned it : I'm done with focus, the use of lenses for me now is like a "favorite" tag, that puts most of my usual weapons at the top of the list)

2 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes it is, I know your frustration, some things in game affect some yet not others, it is a strange thing, you'd expect it to affect all.

i was hoping that u will get it but i edited my last coment too late sry

After u posted such unchecked coment i realized i have to explain to u that im beeing sarcastic srlsly stop commenting this is pointless. Search on the bug forum adaptation problem or sth like that u can go to youtube aswell

il y a 4 minutes, fellow1 a dit :

What about being taxied to Sortie for Nightwave act? Also being taxied to the same Sindicate mission allows for sooner completion of act.

Well, you DO have to redo the mission with no extra rewards, anyway, and what do you mean by sooner ? I have access to 12 syndicate missions/day, as I'm only enemy to Perrin and Loka, this can literally be done on monday.

Just now, Fanzschnabs said:

Well, you DO have to redo the mission with no extra rewards, anyway, and what do you mean by sooner ? I have access to 12 syndicate missions/day, as I'm only enemy to Perrin and Loka, this can literally be done on monday.

Repeating the same three Syndicate mission in order not to lose reputation to others.

il y a 3 minutes, fellow1 a dit :

Repeating the same three Syndicate mission in order not to lose reputation to others.

You win some, you lose some, Believe me or not, if you do the right ones, you actually GAIN standing. But yeah, if you dont want the hassle of managing that, you could still do 6 of them per day (e.g. meridian+suda, or redveil+loka)....and, depending on your timezone... still doable on a monday.

2 hours ago, Fanzschnabs said:

You win some, you lose some, Believe me or not, if you do the right ones, you actually GAIN standing. But yeah, if you dont want the hassle of managing that, you could still do 6 of them per day (e.g. meridian+suda, or redveil+loka)....and, depending on your timezone... still doable on a monday.

From what I understood you are saying if I do same three syndicate mission solo per day.
What I wanted to say with "being taxied" for example - if player "A" completed all three of same syndicate mission, player "A" asks player "B" for taxi and redo them (something what used to be with Kuva Siphon/Flood).

14 hours ago, Signs said:

Thanks for the update!

Any chance side quests will ever be replayable? Been wanting to scan stuff from Patient Zero, Sands of Inaros and some other quests for a while now.

If you find new players doing them, ask to help them out. You can re-do at least the co-op parts with them then.

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

You certainly have lowered things to try and help, but that 1G of video card memory it probably going to be what's killing you. Vallis has so many more varied items with textures than the Plains. The upcoming Plains and Gas Planet changes are going to be a problem for you as well.

Wont be a problem if DEVS give us options on our graphical settings to "turn off" effects which we dont want to be used in the game, for example on orb vallis (Animated clouds, snow....etc). I can handle with orb vallis, but how u thinking, how other peeps can handle with their potato GPU's and PC's?

What DEVS to tell them?
To tell them: We are sorry cuz u cannot play our game, buy better PC's or quit the game!

Is that their AIM and their feature?

I'm sure that it is!

Also I'm not talking here just about myself, I'm talking about all players who have same problem like me.

Regards.

5 hours ago, Roof-Lakett said:

Speaking of pets QoL, there is this bug where dual stat mods for beast are alphabetically ordered so you cannot have some elemental combos :

Unless that re-broke in a recent patch that was fixed, I want to say the first or second hotfix after the Burried Debts mainline. 

Please give us a pet/beast nest across from the relic storage! (or anywhere you like really but that corner is empty and closeby to the inucabtor so why not really?) so we can both Incubate a kubrow or kavat and still have a kubrow or kavat as our compaion. I really dont see why this havent been done already! and i love to both incubate all the time and use my beloved beasts, but right now i cant do both at the same time! If you are planning this very thing when saying you got big plans for it, then THANK YOU! i will be over the moon happy and i will gladly pay whatever fee or materials to install the new nest xD

DE, could you also check if your rewards visuals are correct? Today my friend and I did Survival Arbitrations and by Rot C we got Adaptation...or so we thought. Then upon return, we got that grass ephemera nobody wants to have instead of Adaptation. It seems we got the ephemera but what it showed in the screen was Adaptation.

It's frustrating.

Archived