Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gear wheel no longer infinite, losing slots.

CorenAlbrich

I'm not aware of when it started, but some time from the Fortuna Buried Debts update to now the 'Infinite' Gear-wheel is no longer infinite, and if I use all of the items then the slot disappears and cannot have anything re-added to it. At one point I was up to 25-ish slots, and now only have 19, with no space to add more.

To clarify, this means that there is no way to add additional slots in any form, even at the end of the spiral, rendering the loss of slot permanent.

Let's say I have Sunrise Apothics in slot 19 and use up the one I have. The slot the Apothic was in will become empty and disappear, never to be used again.

0CB639AACD600D15C13276D2584F6EEF611B31E53532E9A71EB9428E2E0C51BBF6E36D3770A7A2CC2A2C0FA840EA2D984AA4EC6A9E904506F75ADD95BBCF6B43D3D80939BBD8256D42B350A591B6E5FB

As you can see, the apothic is gone, the slot with it, and there is no space to add more, even though I have a Twilight Apothic  I could add there. 

This issue will make it REALLY annoying to micromanage Apothics, Specters, or other limited consumables so as not to lose slots, and will, to those who don't know what is going on, eventually make gear items unusable.

Edit: Something I forgot to add, but I had stasis traps in slot 3 and I think they ran out before the change, as the slot was until today empty and staying empty, and I was able to re-add stasis traps. I'm somewhat unwilling to test this at the moment, as I don't want to lose any more slots.

Edited by CorenAlbrich
Updated title, added more information, clarification

Dayum. Now this is a serious problem.

Let me add here some suggestions for when DE fixes this, because while this wheel is an improvement, its still atrocious to use:

• Make the wheel by tabs instead of an endless spiral. You have items 1-12 only on the first page just like the old wheel. You press a hotkey, the same way you switch between gear and emotes, and instead of emotes the gear wheel turns a page to the next tab, with another 12 slots and so on. This allows for less confusion and knowing more reliably where items are located, and prevents players from looking for a specific one for too much time during tough moments.
  • Assign another hotkey to the emote wheel, make it also behave by tabs like suggested above.
  • Always start at the last selected item. Much better than going trough 17 items everytime I need item 18.
Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

Thank Buddha. I thought i was losing my mind. The loss of slots is really annoying. Hope they fix this soon.

Update Noticed i had a spare space earlier in the wheel, and once i had filled it the option to add extra items appeared again. Check you have all previous slots filled.

Edited by (XB1)Big Vim

On 2019-04-05 at 6:49 AM, (XB1)Big Vim said:

Update Noticed i had a spare space earlier in the wheel, and once i had filled it the option to add extra items appeared again. Check you have all previous slots filled.

This. Filling the base wheel entirely gives you the option to once again add more into the spiral. A bit of an annoyance, but not game breaking. Thanks for pointing it out Big Vim!

On 2019-04-06 at 11:39 AM, farsinger said:

This. Filling the base wheel entirely gives you the option to once again add more into the spiral. A bit of an annoyance, but not game breaking. Thanks for pointing it out Big Vim!

This solved my problem as well! I feel like a noob but hey at least its fixed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I found a slightly different issue with the gear wheel.

For me it clears everything after base 12 slots and reverts back to old wheel system. It appears to happen randomly when gear is used and I have to re-add stuff back into my gear to have spiral again only to revert back to 12 slot wheel a moment later.

It's not a major inconvenience, since I organize my gear by priority, but sometimes I need to use a specter or two and they're not there because of the glitch 😞

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-22 at 11:36 AM, WindmillArt said:

I found a slightly different issue with the gear wheel.

For me it clears everything after base 12 slots and reverts back to old wheel system. It appears to happen randomly when gear is used and I have to re-add stuff back into my gear to have spiral again only to revert back to 12 slot wheel a moment later.

It's not a major inconvenience, since I organize my gear by priority, but sometimes I need to use a specter or two and they're not there because of the glitch 😞

this just happened to me after a visit to the void, everything after slot 12 vanished, tossed out some spectres in my previous mission and ended up using all of some of them leaving a gap in slot 14 and 16, didnt refill them with anything as i didnt have any other spectres brewed so just left as is, went to mot survival and noticed my wheel was set to 12 so couldnt use anything beyond that, after the mission i noticed that everything was permanantly wiped after slot12 and i had to set it all up again.

So seems to be an issue when a slot empties and doesnt get refilled with something, weird stuff happens.