Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you please make the coolant raknoids susceptible to warframe abilities in the exploiter orb fight

Having done the fight to hell & back now...

The raknoids don't need to be effected by powers. What they need is set spawns.

Such as, Exploiter calls them & they come from 1 or 2 of 4 areas. ATM they just swarm from everywhere they even spawn right under her. It's just bad design.

Once the spawns are more telegraphed then the encounter is less annoying & teams can handle her better.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

The raknoids don't need to be effected by powers. What they need is set spawns.

100% agreed. They either need to be telegraphed in some way or spawn in a predetermined pattern. The more learnable things there are in a game, the more fun it is. Random spawn of boss fight adds is not learnable, so the only thing it brings is frustration.

8 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

100% agreed. They either need to be telegraphed in some way or spawn in a predetermined pattern. The more learnable things there are in a game, the more fun it is. Random spawn of boss fight adds is not learnable, so the only thing it brings is frustration.

Yup. I was helping a friend with her & that's where we noticed that they were spawning right under her, inside terrain (and shooting coolant at her from within the terrain), & underwater.

We were like...

"This is going well."

1 hour ago, TheGrimCorsair said:

They're affected by nearly every Warframe's strongest attack: Left click.

The spawns are fine as they are IMO, they only come from about 4-5 different directions, easily covered by players.

I've counted around 8 different spawn points actually.

If I wasn't at work I'd place some dots on a Map. (Work PC's are blocked from imgr & most websites where I could host the photo.)
For 1 run I was on I was essentially in Archwing sniping them. They literally come at random from everywhere all at once.  At that point I began to object to being "Archwing Sniper" but whatever...

I digress,
They should spawn from no more than 2 (maybe 3) locations at 1 time, and some form of icon/tell would do wonders for team coordination for dealing with them. Additionally, killing the wave should end the wave, they should only keep spawning in the players fail to kill enough of them.
Right now, it's just every man for himself as they spawn, spam throwing canisters to negate the spawns that are instant cools for her (cause they spawn right next to or below her), & through sheer attrition the players should win.

My problem with abilities not working is, as usual, there’s no in-game info regarding this. I’m fine with the mechanic but how about along with the annoying, CONSTANT, “throw the canister” voice, add in “Coolant Raknoid are immune to Warframe abilities” and then make them untargettable by ALL abilities, not just a few. 

As far as adds.....uh.....if you’re extremely unlucky and not paying attention I guess you could have a Corpus plant a stick and let it remain up and call in a boatload of adds. A bit of advice here, destroy all sticks as soon as they spawn no matter what. Top priority. I had no adds whatsoever and my boss sat right atop the hill smack next to the small Corpus base right there. That made it extremely hard to see Coolant Raknoid spawning in as they used the rocks for cover thus only the Raknoid coming from the flat area were spotted first. Took soooooooo long. My mate actually quit so I had to solo.

Now, controller aiming? Extremely hard. Of course there’s going to be players who are decent at this. That’s how life works, we all have some random talent. For the most of humanity, using a controller for quick, small area, accurate movements is difficult at best. Set your controls to what’s best for you and git guud. Practice practice practice.