Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Trading & Toolbuilders: Phase 1

[DE]Rebecca

On 2021-06-28 at 3:30 AM, MatNova said:

WARNING: setSlaveOk() is deprecated and may be removed in the next major release. Please use setSecondaryOk() instead.

This is terrible. Secondary is such an offensive word - it implies that its not as good as primary . We must change this in the name of justice!!!!!1!!1!!1

• Like 5

On 2021-06-28 at 5:47 PM, Fl_3 said:

The problem with this is the fact that as long as people are willing to buy plat to buy whatever from wherever DE will do nothing about it because just like fixing problems with the game it's easier to do nothing than something. Especially if doing nothing is making them money.

People have been trying to get Riven trading moved in game for a long time, but people always cry it down and even if people were interested in something like that it wouldn't happen because DE has stated more than once that they don't want to implement a system like this.

The fact that someone has a created a Patreon for Riven selling and is actually making money from it shows just how bad trading is at the moment, and how much DE needs to step its game up regarding what they allow people to do with the information they can glean from their game.

What other information can people rip from Warframe I'd like to know?

Just how secure is this game?

Should we be worried?

As far as I know, there's no other data being gotten from warframe other than whatever is released by DE for analysis, tool making, etc, according to DE's terms of use however, any data players create in the game or on the forums technically belongs to them, to use however they want, but that's just generic stuff any company will have in their terms of use.

As far as secure, it's entirely possible people's accounts have been compromised due to phishing or social engineering or other methods, with 2 factor authentication being reliable as long as the person's method of authentication isn't posted anywhere or public info, basically leaving the player liable for their own security, which is typical in most games or sites where your account has 2FA.

As far as accounts getting hacked or whatever, DE's support team has an entire page on what to do, where to submit a ticket, and your account is usually locked immediately after submitting that ticket to prevent anything harmful happening if access has been gained somehow.

They also have measures in place for banning accounts involved in credit card theft, according to some steam forum posts both accounts involved in a trade with plat gotten from a stolen card/hacked account are immediately locked in the case of a card or details being reported stolen,

In terms of security, I don't know if DE has had any problems with it recently, but a basic google search turns up an article from 2016 about when someone gained access to 770k+ emails, but no passwords, card details, etc were accessed (due to the site apparently running an outdated security method).

However, with access to the email, you can theoretically bypass the 2FA so it's entirely possible some of these old accounts are still vulnerable if DE didn't take measures to secure those accounts, you can check if your password or sensitive info has appeared anywhere on the internet via HaveIBeenPwned.com, 

Best practice is to use secure passwords and not use the same password on multiple sites, there is a burden on DE to make sure customer details are secure, however security is only as strong as the weakest link. 

Edited by DarknessNightshade
Added site you can check for security.

• 2 weeks later...

hey DE.... since I can't find an actual bug or support thread for this, the first line of your json dump isn't json and looks to be an error from your php server

WARNING: setSlaveOk() is deprecated and may be removed in the next major release. Please use setSecondaryOk() instead.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone know where i can find the JSON files about the previous weeks ? I want to create a graph to see the change of the prices.

I saw it too about the empty file (Switch) so I kept the data about the previous week about the Switch prices.

Edited by NeoGuardian

Le 25/07/2021 à 14:40, NeoGuardian a dit :

Yes, but if you parse the file and delete the first line (with the WARNING), it works. I repaired my script like this. But i dont understand why 2 of the datafiles have the warning et the others dont.

https://warframe.servalanime.com/webpages/rivensPC.html

Rather than delete the first line, just start parsing the json from the first opening bracket ('['). Same result, but you don't have to check if the Warning is there or not. And that usually fixes other issues that could pop up.

On 2021-07-26 at 3:09 AM, NeoGuardian said:

Can someone know where i can find the JSON files about the previous weeks ? I want to create a graph to see the change of the prices.

I had actually done something like that for PC data:

https://uasclan.net/RivenSearch

Luckily I did also download all the other platforms as well, though I never fully parsed them so I have no idea if there's any erroneous entries:

https://uasclan.net/RivenData.zip

A few things I can tell you about the PC data though:

• Any entries after "Ogris" were missing for the week of 2019-07-07
  • Data was missing completely for the week of 2020-06-28
  • Data was missing completely for the week of 2021-05-02
  • There may be some instances where the data has more than two entries for a weapon (e.g. on previous page I had mentioned Kohm having three for one week). I don't remember if I removed any obviously wrong ones from the JSON or not (I know I didn't for any recent ones), but just something to be aware of even still to this day

For other platforms, if there's just an empty JSON file for a given week, then that's because DE didn't provide it (like Switch this week). I also assume the last issue I noted above about multiple entries is true for them too.

If you have any issues or questions with it please feel free to reach out!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

For the love of Lotus... please add an in-game auction-house/automatic selling place.... it would solve most of the problems, one of which ,making people go OUT of the game to trading sites... So simple, yet so needed in this sort of games. 8 years, please add this mechanic already. Place item to sell, other user clicks on buy, automatic withdrawal and deposit of item/plat.. 

Prices will fluctuate, but at least it will be all in one place... adding to some comments of other users (cooldown on rivens and such)  would help a lot for "buyers-resellers" .

• Like 4

Looks like there's duplicate entries for veiled Shotgun and Kitgun rivens for every platform except XB1 this week.

The duplicate Kitgun rivens have an itemType of "Shotgun Riven Mod", so I'm guessing that's related to the Gift of the Lotus fumble from August 27th.

Edited by MatNova

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

In fact,i'm more intrested in the price in trading channel in a shrot time(such as 24h or 48h),which may show more things to help us understand the market.But i cant find related statistics or any api for this untill now.
PS:2 year ago,when Primed Chamber brought by Baro Ki’Teer first time,the price of vectis riven was diven up in a short time,and i found a webpage supplied the record of messages about vectis in trading channel posted by players in about recent 3 hours,that's a good trail.

Edited by Misaka10034

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2019-03-29 at 10:43 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

PC: Updated weekly based on the prior week's trades: http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensPC.json
PS4: Updated weekly based on the prior week's trades: http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensPS4.json
XB1: Updated weekly based on the prior week's trades: http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensXB1.json
SWITCH: Updated weekly based on the prior week's trades: http://n9e5v4d8.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/weeklyRivensSWI.json

these are dead links. Where do we find this information for scrapers now?

EDIT: replacing the jibberish cdn URL with https://warframe.com does lead to the data again, but it doesn't let robot's through so we need a robot friendly URL for this please.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime