Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I thought nightwave was a alert rework not a removal

Hawkstormz

I was given the impression that when the wolf of saturn six was announced that there would be daily hourly and weekly not just goals, and the goals are fine but i feels like there should be alert style random missioon that reward wolf cred(or what ever aplicable night wave currency) so that way youd have the new player freindly alert system.

ps i know i have bad grammar and dont spell im just jootting this in quickly

from what I've seen, i THINK every rank we get 10 wolf creds, as i just got to rank 6 (i think the first set of 50 creds) and noticed i was at 100 credits.

The whole reason they removed the alert system was due to the random nature of it for major rewards such as forma, reactors and catalysts, not to mention vauban parts, that were so spaced out and only very limited time, that many players would miss it due to out of game responsibility, such as work and family matters.

4 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

i THINK every rank we get 10 wolf creds,

Nope, only specific ranks give you the advertised Wolf creds, i believe you get 50 at rank 3~4. The only other way is to earn them through prestige which requires you to be at rank 30.

And i agree with OP, i wish there were the old alert system missions, so that when i get bored and don't know what i want to do i can jump into them.

24 minutes ago, Hawkstormz said:

I was given the impression that when the wolf of saturn six was announced that there would be daily hourly and weekly not just goals, and the goals are fine but i feels like there should be alert style random missioon that reward wolf cred(or what ever aplicable night wave currency) so that way youd have the new player freindly alert system.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I really like Nightwave and the new system but I feel the same way. Before I could get all the alert stuff for free whenever it popped up (like helmet blueprints) but now I have to actually spend a currency on them. Before they were free and this new system makes me regret not farming all the weapon skins and helmet bps because now I have to either buy them with plat or the bps with wolf cred. And because I am buying them with wolf cred, I can't get other things like the wolf ornament.

• Like 1

This system is far more new player friendly than alerts ever were.

Yes we're lacking that oh so detrimental sweet instant gratification of the old system but now players are no longer penalized for not being able to get on within a specific 20 minute to one hour time window or risk waiting months for what they wanted.

There won't be changes to the rewards in each rank or the wolf credit exchange rate til the program ends, though. That part sucks for any new player and their availability of time that needs Nitain Extract as the item cannot be purchased and the chance to obtain them from sabotage caches is abysmally low, and its a resource that while not used on huge quantities save for a few items, its still used widely in weapons and warframes. Just for reference there used to be 4 nitain extract alerts within 24 hours, every day up to 28 nitain weekly, while wolf credits are gated depending on the rank and how many of the weekly challenges the players complete, also to mention obtaining the weapons blueprints and vauban blueprints for MR score.

DE should just bring back the quick alert system that was a success for 6 years in combination with the nightwave system.

The nightwave system is not newbie friendly - its acts are no fun to do - it's more grindy for about the same rewards as before.

Let your players choose what they want to play - don't try to force them DE.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hawkstormz said:

ps i know i have bad grammar and dont spell im just jootting this in quickly

You're confusing "rework" with "replacement". Nightwave isn't meant to be a new alert system, just a different way of obtaining the same kind of rewards we got from the old alerts.

Before, players were complaining about the hourly nature of the missions and the fact they were easy to miss. So now we've got a system whereby the missions change weekly (aside from the dailies, obviously).

17 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Nope, only specific ranks give you the advertised Wolf creds, i believe you get 50 at rank 3~4. The only other way is to earn them through prestige which requires you to be at rank 30.

And i agree with OP, i wish there were the old alert system missions, so that when i get bored and don't know what i want to do i can jump into them.

ah ok, i must've missed the 50 at another rank then reward notification wise. thanks.

as for alerts, im fine with bringing them back...as long as they are meaningful to ALL players and not just new players. (doing alerts for a measly 10k or a tiny amount of a common crafting material is a waste)maybe if the rewards scaled with MR in some way (reward * MR)