Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NEW PLAYERS] DO NOT DO IT - What is the point of Forma if it hurts you?

SPEKTRE76

Question

1) It warns you about it
2) Its a mechanic of sacrifice. You have to level up the gear again, but its worth it in the long term since it increases your potential mod capacity.

Most warframes require at least 2-3 formas to reach their peak performance.

Edited by Artekkor

Huh... been playing this game for 6 years and never realized I was hurting myself...

But seriously.
The Foma mechanic is there to prevent players from Ranking an item to 30 and then just applying 8 forma to it all at once.

There "might" be special forma released later that can Polarize a slot without resetting rank.
But those will be much MUCH harder to come by than the Forma we have now.
Which are, to be frank, ridiculously easy to get.

58 minutes ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

I thought Forma was a good thing? I guess I need to RTFQ next time. To any new players like me DO NOT DO THIS!!!! It will reset your Warframe to ZERO!

Lesson learned.

🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb SPEKTRE76:

I thought Forma was a good thing? I guess I need to RTFQ next time. To any new players like me DO NOT DO THIS!!!! It will reset your Warframe to ZERO!

Lesson learned.

the game tells u and forma are a good thing, just not to a new player who probably cant make a full build anyway yet.

the better lesson than "dont do it !" should be "read !" 🙂

1 hour ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

Lesson learned.

Well.... I guess you do have a point.  But haven't you wanted to fit more Mods on your Warframe and weapons ? 

1 hour ago, Artekkor said:

Most warframes require at least 2-3 formas to reach their peak performance.

I formad Chroma Prime 5 Times. 😞

Forma'ing IS a good thing. No need to RTFQ, just pay attention to the text box that tells you the item is going to be reset to unranked.

If it can make you feel better - and provided you've put enough thinking as to what polarity you've picked, you just did something you were going to do eventually anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPEKTRE76 said:

To any new players like me DO NOT DO THIS!!!! It will reset your Warframe to ZERO

Levelling you first frame takes ages and feels like the progress of the game, but it isn't. By the time you've beaten the star chart you'll be able to max a 0 rank frame in about 10 mins.

Spoiler: there's even a special weapon that you have to forma 5 times!

I know it feels like a setback now, but it really isn't.

Your real progress in this game is Mastery Rank, or MR. Higher MR gets you better weapons and other benefits.

You gain MR by levelling multiple frames, weapons, companions and the like. You're going to end up taking a lot of gear from 0-30.

Edited by (XB1)KayAitch
  • Like 1

Haha, I remember my first experience with using forma was similar to yours. The shock when my strongest, most used warframe got back to 0 rank! I admit I didn't pay as much attention to the description as I probably should have, so it went over my head back then.

I promise you, though, it will be worth it. Polarising your mod slots is a way to fit more and better mods on your items. I've forma'd some warframes and weapons several times since then. Sure, it's kind of annoying that you have to rerank them then, but it's a good way to make them much stronger than they otherwise would be. Like now, I have a Hek that one-shots most things up to almost rank 50 thanks to forma and orokin catalyst. And I don't even own the best mods out there.

Hang in there.

As an MR 26 I just forma and the mods stay on lol.

At least now MR determines base mod cap. I came from the era where forma literally meant no mods until the weapon hit X rank.

Forma is a good thing. It's not hard to hit rank 30 again.

Edited by Guest

OMG Do this as often as you can. It is an important step to excelling in the game. THAT being said, you shoulld be smart when you use it. So if something new is going to happen, you might wait til you see how hard it is. It wont take long to levl your equip back up but the increase in power and options are totally worth it. I have 5 or 6 forma on every good weapon and frame.

Edited by (PS4)jockhotty
Addition.

Applying a forma is actually useful. 

You can polarize slots, which will:

Half the drain on that slot if you use the same mod type, so you can use more/better mods

Example: I decide to apply forma, and polarize Weapon A. The type of mod I choose is option 1. My mod with option 1 type has 10 Drain. So now if I place this mod on the polarized slot, it will only be 5 Drain. 

Note: Yes the Warframe/Weapon/Sentinel/Companion/etc that you forma will be set to 0. But it doesn't take long to Max out your thing again. You also don't get xp, like you did when you first Maxed it out.

Edited by GrayFrequency

8 minutes ago, GrayFrequency said:

But it doesn't take long to Max out your thing again. 

It does.... the whole "It doesn't take long" thing is specific to Hydron and maybe Helene too.... but before that it literally took forever to level up anything and the content gradually gets harder so you progress just gets stunted by this whole Polarizing thing.... which would explain why OP didn't want to do it.

Just now, Lutesque said:

It does.... the whole "It doesn't take long" thing is specific to Hydron and maybe Helene too.... but before that it literally took forever to level up anything and the content gradually gets harder so you progress just gets stunted by this whole Polarizing thing.... which would explain why OP didn't want to do it.

Well when you're starting out in Warframe it does take a minute. But eventually you get the hang of it, and it doesn't take as long.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I play very little Helene and Hydron, MR20 and easy 100 weapons plus my frames with 2-5 forma in them. It goes pretty fast just passively leveling things.

• Like 1