Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid changes

AzulMage

Hydroid is my main, and I love the frame but dude is mediocre at best. I'm not really sure if DE even looks at these posts for ideas on changes anyway but figured I'd give my 2 cents.

Passive: This needs to proc 100% of the time on slam attacks, which with the melee 3.0 changes to slam attacks will make it nice. I'm not sure why it isn't already 100%. It's not like localized CC would make him at ALL OP in a game where Saryn can explode and entire room, Nidus can't die, and Mesa can be Mesa.

1st Ability: This is one of those abilities where I feel his augment should have been built into the standard ability. The damage falls off fast at higher levels so it's not great for that. In terms of CC, Knocking down enemies is great as is the fact that multiple instances can be created. The main issue is that the ability does not last long enough for the CC to be as effective and multiple instances obviously costs more energy. So why not add the corrosive procs to start or increase duration (why not both?).

2nd Ability: I'm not even sure.Outside of using it while in Undertow I just don't use this at all. Perhaps better control to the point where we can steer. One thing that would be awesome is instead of becoming a wave of water if instead he created a slower wave and rode on top of it like it's his ship. From there, wave can be steered. Is still knocks people down but now he can shoot from it while riding. If he jumps off, wave continues moving forward like a water projectile while he can act as normal.

3rd Ability: I like this ability as is. If I'm being greedy, augment can be built in. Being able to heal himself and others from the get go adds utility to this frame and more healers isn't a bad thing.

4th Ability: Always had mixed feelings on this. Love that it deals true damage and covers a good area but things go downhill from there. As a CC it has four flaws in my eyes. The first is that on initial cast, this ability launches enemies into the stratosphere. While hilarious and meme worthy, it pretty much is the opposite of CC and should be removed. Secondly, the tentacles wildly flail enemies once they are grabbed which makes synergy with shooting them or having teammates attack them accurately non-existent. Pretty much every Hydroid posts alludes to this and it should be changes to tentacles hold enemies in place and deals damage from there. Third, this ability would be SO much better of multiple instances could be created. Ideally 4 but even just 2 would make this a lot more useful. Lastly, while it deals true damage the damage just does not scale and killing with it is damn near impossible in later content. It could be argued that if this is a CC ability then damage should not be the focus, but to that I say "why not both?" Or otherwise all other changes can be made besides damage increase and I would still be happy.

So any thoughts? He also has ridiculous casting times and there is no reason to not cast charged versions to the point that charged should be standard and he should not have the mechanic to begin with (no one likes charge abilities) but I really don't think DE gets that. Still love the frame though.