Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TeaBegging

Is using umbral excalibur on index an banable offensive?

Considering Umbra excalibur doing all the killing, and the scores not registering in the scoreboard. does this mean cheating ?

well I mean its technically afk farming but at the same time its a mechanic of umbra excal so I would just defer to support for a answer if DE does not answer here. Support usually good at letting you know if something is okay to do.

Is it OK to let the game play itself while you don't do anything? Nope, of course not. Not sure about bannable or against any rules... but obviously not a good way to play any game.

I think Excal Umbra should recognize when he's being used and start attacking Operator in retaliation. Would serve the abuse Operator right.

That's a question only support/official staff can answer, largely though I'd imagine such behavior is frowned upon as DE is very much against afk farming. 

Are you asking if using a Warframe exactly the way it was meant to use will get you banned...I think you need to think about that a bit.

Personally, I don't go AFK when using Umbra because I really only ever use him to play guard dog when I'm leveling amps, and of course, to play guard dog on this stupid Shift-2 Shift-4 Shift-4 challenge, but even if someone does go afk, the game still has built-in limits on how long you can get away with that.  

So my thotz...Using Umbra to do what Umbra is supposed to do is fine.  And as long as the game enforces the anti-afk thing, that's how it should be.

Going afk as operator, when you can have %hp damage, superb healing, huge viral or even huger fire damage is kinda silly.

Is using Rhino in index cheating?

Dude, I don't know who gave you this stupid idea, but it is not, in any way or form. If you help to kill, it's good. Ignore those who say otherwise.

Nah its fine, i've done it several times. Although many players would hate you though

umbrel axcalibur is super unfair to new players, why only vet can use? should be a starter frame

DE literally gave you the option to let the AI do the work for you. Why would they ban you for using it?

vor 21 Minuten schrieb -Azumarill-:

umbrel axcalibur is super unfair to new players, why only vet can use? should be a starter frame

Please tell me that's sarcasm.

Bannable? No.

Boring? A bit of a D*** move? Frowned upon by DE, even if it's not bannable? Yes.

1 hour ago, -Azumarill- said:

Have you perchance heard of Character Progression?

1 hour ago, -Azumarill- said:

That would ruin the purpose of "The Sacrifice" quest.

Not only that, but that would make the game too much easy and unbalanced.

No. As long as it has its use. It's okay

I have done it mutiple times and nothing happens to me.

What I do want with DE is that the umbra kills should be counted as kills, because currently it doesn't count

Why the hell does it matter?  The point of Index is that you win Index, is it not?  Are you mad because you didn't win your preferred way?  Just take the free money.  

not banable, but as you say, the score isnt going up for you, thats on purpose to stop afk farming... whats hard to understand there? its not banable, but its still not aloud so they made it so you cant... simple 

Why? You're not botting, you're not cheating. It's within the game's parameters and intended mechanics.

its fine, on low wagers, he get two shotted by some of the enemies so its balanced.

1 hour ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

not banable, but as you say, the score isnt going up for you, thats on purpose to stop afk farming... whats hard to understand there? its not banable, but its still not aloud so they made it so you cant... simple 

You think that the kill-score not going up stops you from winning? lol

You can easily play and win the Index by using Umbra, give him a good sniper and he becomes an instagib 360noscope turret. Yeah, you don't see how many kills you got, but other players can easily pick up points and score to win.

Bannable offense or not, it is still a worse way to play index than playing manually. Even if he kills faster, he kills in positions where people may not see it as opposed to when a player does the kill manually. This leads to either missed points laying around or scores being made by the enemy.

He is a counter productive frame for index.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

scores being made by the enemy

Making it possible for the enemy to score

Lol. If they are dead 24/7 and there is a chance there is a Limbo thingy on top of the goal (or a mesa/excal umbra oneshotting them during spawn animations), they can't even move. I've literally never had a game where AI scored more than like maybe a single time for around 2-3 points at most. Pubs, all of them, btw.

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Lol. If they are dead 24/7 and there is a chance there is a Limbo thingy on top of the goal (or a mesa/excal umbra oneshotting them during spawn animations), they can't even move. I've literally never had a game where AI scored more than like maybe a single time for around 2-3 points at most. Pubs, all of them, btw.

You are missing the point. It slows down the game, simple as that. It isnt about the enemy scoring only, it is about "it" killing things where people wont see the points, meaning lost points in addition to "possible" enemy scores. It is bad enough when you have players killing and ignore picking up points, atleast they can mark the spots or decide to kill near other players. Each missed point or enemy score means yet another mob that needs to be killed and collected before the round is over. And each of those leads to even further possibilities of Umbra killing mobs in the wrong spot and more points going lost to the void.

All this kinda kills efficiency and the whole benefit of holding the right amount before capping etc.

There are just so many other frames suited so much better for index than an automated Umbra. Gara, Nova, Rev, Hildryn, Rhino, Nezha, Limbo, Mesa, Inaros and Baruuk just bring so much more.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are missing the point. It slows down the game, simple as that. It isnt about the enemy scoring only, it is about "it" killing things where people wont see the points, meaning lost points in addition to "possible" enemy scores. It is bad enough when you have players killing and ignore picking up points, atleast they can mark the spots or decide to kill near other players. Each missed point or enemy score means yet another mob that needs to be killed and collected before the round is over. And each of those leads to even further possibilities of Umbra killing mobs in the wrong spot and more points going lost to the void.

All this kinda kills efficiency and the whole benefit of holding the right amount before capping etc.

There are just so many other frames suited so much better for index than an automated Umbra. Gara, Nova, Rev, Hildryn, Rhino, Nezha, Limbo, Mesa, Inaros and Baruuk just bring so much more.

No, umbra always speeds it up.

The slowdown is from the slow players picking the points up who may be "slow" in more than one way.  All they have to do is stand where umbra is and wait for a few points to show up instead of running wildly around the map making them spawn everywhere.  If spectre NPC's can do this, why can't people?

Index_fast_outside_visible.PNG