Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEs Idea of Difficulty

AnnaCurser

DE's Idea of Difficulty is concerning me.
But let me elaborate.

Warframe is about Power Fantasy. Warframes grow to intense powerlevels on which they become either immortal, or they melt a map with the snap of a Thanos... I mean Finger. The snap of a finger.
Which leads DE to make enemies harder by making them nearly unkillable.

Kril on Mars is mostly invurnable, and if you're alone and you dont know what to do, you have no chance on bringing him down.
Alad V is immune 95% of the fight.
and even the Lephantis makes you wait because he is hiding from you, and giving you that bitter grey 0 on your crosshair.

But those are old bosses, right? Well, look at DE's newest bosses.

New quests make us fight the Sentients, which become highly resistant to your damage, as does the Stalker.
Simple, just prepare, right? As I see it, there's three ways to defeat those.
1 - Use multiple elements and  get them down with different weapons. (which is your earliest and long time only option)
2 - Use your operator - to either Reset them or to kill them with your amp directly. Okay, thats a fair enough tactic and makes the fight more dynamic, right?
3 - Or you simply overpower them. even if they get 90% resistance, your remaining 10% are enough to kill them fairly quickly. Which is viable since we now have Kit Guns.

And DE went on this path, and they went on it dreaming. They made Eidolons, who are also immune to weapon damage.
you need special equipment to do even damage on them, an Amp for shields and a special setup for your guns against their armor.

The Profittaker is fairly similar. It is immune to 99% of the damage you can do and only response to one single damage type at the time. Once the shields are down, you need a special gun - the equivalent to an AMP - to do even damage to its armor. The alloy armore might be vurnable to radiation and puncture, but any other gun than the Heavy Guns wont do a single drop of damage upon it.

And now we got the mother of all bosses -

No im not talking about the Exploiter Orb, though she is litterally immune to weapon damage too.

I mean - The Wolf.

Not only does he nowadays bring four minions with him that are immortal, He he also immune to 95% of whatever you have.
His minions are not going anywhere until the Wolf is defeated and Boy, it is hard. But not for the right reason.

The Wolf is immune to abilities and status. So no reduction, no amplifier and no bleeding can get you through his armor. You have literally to hammer all of your ammunition into him to then see him not even being scratched. And theres no Window of Attack here. no Pattern you can learn and use to your advantage. He is simply and nearly unkillable. Even if youre equipped only for him, with radiation, corrosive, puncture and lots of critt chance, you still need 20 to 30 minutes to kill him.
And you cant even ignore him. Because the mission freezes. You cant finish your mission. Your only option is to abort.
that is funky bullshrimp

The game taught us to overpower our foes, and where that fails, we need to use a strategy to succeed. Theres always some window, some trigger or something we can make use of to defeat a boss.
But not the Wolf.

What I'd wish for -
was for more strategy in our fights and less powerplay. The Exploiter Orb is a good example for that. That fight takes long and the boss is immune to your weapons, okay that sucks, but you need to do something special to him. Every boss has a pattern and a weakness and that is the concept that should prevail. Make bossfights more a matter of Mind and less of a Matter of gear.

Because in the end, its not about how well you play, how good your aim is or how skillfull your parkour is. Those things all dont matter against Bosses and Foes that are immune and resistant. In the end its all about your gear and how powerful you are. And I dont think that is a healthy concept for the future. If we become more and more powerful, DE will throw more and more foes at our faces whose trick is simply to be immune to everything.
I'd wish for DE to dial it back a bit and make the fights more playble. And I know that between Adaptation and Kitguns, that is a lot to ask for.

Thanks for readin.
DFC

• Like 8

It's funny you mention Thanos..because for a while now I've been feeling like the Origin System needs the snap to happen..Where Warframes lose two powers and we reset some of the foundations...or Vets need to make a choice between traveling to Tau ( A New System Map) with a hour or two wait to get back to the Origin System if so chosen...

Also I would like to see DE release a mid tier boss units like the Nox or Bursa meant to deal with a specific new frame and weapon set released with them...so they can release it into the wild to mitigate the new frame's power creep while keeping the other frames useful since they are not effected by it...It's like ask the Design council to come up with four powers and and then come up with an individual enemy that can counter it for every frame..and really change the composition of the mob when players are decimating maps with ease...using something akin to the syndicate hit squads teleporting in...only it's their nemesis unit and friends...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

3 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

The game taught us to overpower our foes, and where that fails, we need to use a strategy to succeed. Theres always some window, some trigger or something we can make use of to defeat a boss.
But not the Wolf.

Funny thing is, there used to be. Shattering Impact to get rid of his armor, then Magus Lockdown to kill him in seconds. They patched out the latter, I'm awaiting a hotfix for the former.

3 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

you simply overpower them. even if they get 90% resistance, your remaining 10% are enough to kill them fairly quickly

That right there is the problem and the reason for all these cheap invincibility phases and special conditions. The difference in power between a low-level player and a high-level player is absurd, and so is the difference between one player and a group. There is no way to create a meaningful challenge without giving the enemy immunities to basically everything.

Edited by SordidDreams

warframe actually used to be not like this from the start, the problems all come from exponential scaling*, both enemies and the meta emphasis on ridiculous scaling, and the only way for DE to deal with it is to not deal with it at all, ie secondary/new gear (amps & archguns) dependency, status immunity, ability immunity, and even straight up dmg immunity with the recent exploiter orb, call it brute force, savage method, it does what DE wanted and they've been sitting on it for years. While this is not impossible to solve, but I wouldn't put any bet on DE fixing it without a complete damage overhaul (and with everything, followed by a year of hotfixes and tweaks). Lastly, people have been actively complaining about everything you said ever since immunity existed, even without those complaints, just by playing something that's not warframe DE can tell nullifying a player's hard-earned knowledge and gear (especially for a looter shooter) is absolutely not the way to do things.

*don't know when since I only started in 2016, but you can look up some old footages to see how it differs from the current game

Edit: though DE_Steve did mention "difficulty rework", so expect something later this year I guess.

Edit 2: apparently not what I thought he was talking about, damage/scaling rework is still inconclusive. Notes about difficulty rework below, nothing big, taken from 2019 roadmap. Expect more released contents with all the problems mentions above.

Spoiler

Difficulty

• Difficulty is a discussion all of our designers are having. How to address the needs and wants of the variety of players in Warframe.

• Scott mentioned an idea of being able to select the difficulty of a node before playing it, and having the rewards scale accordingly. This is just an idea of course, but it’s on our minds as we move into 2019.

Edited by Showerwalker
  • Like 1

Il y a 4 heures, DavidCurser a dit :

But not the Wolf.

The closest thing to "stategy" I can think in Warframe of is the specific elemental builds to fight specific factions.

Warframe is pretty demanding in terms of informations to aquire, but very easy in terms of gameplay. So far, either ennemies get shredded in milliseconds, or they are protected by huge damage reductions and invincibilities, and neither of which requires any particular strategy. Puzzle bosses like Exploiter Orb, or even Sargas Ruk which has been here since years, just use information as a temporary diffculty, but once you know how to deal with them, they become as easy as bosses that get oneshotted, with a bit more time.

Edited by Ultimatesoup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

That right there is the problem and the reason for all these cheap invincibility phases and special conditions. The difference in power between a low-level player and a high-level player is absurd, and so is the difference between one player and a group. There is no way to create a meaningful challenge without giving the enemy immunities to basically everything.

Not to mention the difference in EHP between Grineer and everything else preventing that from being fixed.

Level 160 Elite Lancers have over a million EHP. That's more that Corpus or Infested heavies at the same level. Do you balance weapons and players for Grineer or literally everything else?

Oh, and AI and enemy abilities/resistances haven't been updated in years, if at all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Not to mention the difference in EHP between Grineer and everything else preventing that from being fixed.

Level 160 Elite Lancers have over a million EHP. That's more that Corpus or Infested heavies at the same level. Do you balance weapons and players for Grineer or literally everything else?

Oh, and AI and enemy abilities/resistances haven't been updated in years, if at all.

That's a good point as well. I remember at lower levels I used to swap out my elemental combos and auras for specific factions; at higher levels I just build everything anti-Grineer, and the other factions' strengths and weaknesses are basically irrelevant.

Though to be fair I kinda prefer it that way. Figuring out the strengths and weaknesses and adjusting your loadout accordingly is fun at first, but after a couple thousand hours I just want to get on with it without having to constantly grind the menus to swap stuff out.

4 hours ago, DavidCurser said:

Warframe is about Power Fantasy.

Is it though? Is Warframe actually about this "power fantasy" term or is it more intended to be a co-op action game focused around melding characters, gunplay, and melee, that just so happened to spiral out of control with each consecutive update that introduced more weapons or damage systems?

49 minutes ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Is it though? Is Warframe actually about this "power fantasy" term or is it more intended to be a co-op action game focused around melding characters, gunplay, and melee, that just so happened to spiral out of control with each consecutive update that introduced more weapons or damage systems?

Or, rather, is power fantasy even what people mean when they say that? I mean, Halo's power fantasy. So's Devil May Cry. Even Monster Hunter is considered a power fantasy. All are nowhere near as out-of-balance as Warframe is. Hell - they're downright intense in a lot of instances. Well, I know the latter two are, and I've heard about Halo, but can't say from experience, I've not played it (yet. MCC for Steam though might alter that.)

Power Fantasy is about overcoming immense odds, and I can't honestly say it feels like that in Warframe since none of the enemies feel like they couldn't, not wouldn't, couldn't hurt a fly. Actually, considering Titania's razorwing - no, no they can't.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Yep, this is why I run corrosive on my main gun no matter the mission.

Corpus and Infested are so weak and fragile compared to the walking walls that Grineer become at any level past certain breakpoints that I outright can't be bothered to run anything else.

Honestly I think the reason why DE favors Radiation for these bosses is because it is a niche damage type that does almot nothing special against anything but alloy armor and isn't a complete joke element when slotted on weapons like Magnetic which is only useful against shields and only shields.

I swear Radiation could be a meme at this point, because until a damage 3.0 drops alloy armor stacking and natural DR will be the only way to make things not explode from a Chroma/Rubico Prime combo.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yep, this is why I run corrosive on my main gun no matter the mission.

Corpus and Infested are so weak and fragile compared to the walking walls that Grineer become at any level past certain breakpoints that I outright can't be bothered to run anything else.

Honestly I think the reason why DE favors Radiation for these bosses is because it is a niche damage type that does almot nothing special against anything but alloy armor and isn't a complete joke element when slotted on weapons like Magnetic which is only useful against shields and only shields.

I swear Radiation could be a meme at this point, because until a damage 3.0 drops alloy armor stacking and natural DR will be the only way to make things not explode from a Chroma/Rubico Prime combo.

Radiation is sometimes useful in standard gameplay, but only when tied with viral on a high-status weapon. Frankly, the Scourge is one of the few weapons I know that legit gets good use from it outside of 'it's there because I need four dual stat mods and viral', and that's because my build features it alongside Corrosive and Viral, so enemy EHP drops like a stone, and it provides the guarantee for two layers of bonus damage against all Grineer types, except for rollers which is a loss I'm willing to take.

Otherwise, the only reason I switched to viral-based builds is because of Orb Vallis, which due to reasons unrelated, I've stopped going to a while back anyway. Otherwise, for everything else, Corrosive works perfectly fine against Corpus.

A large part of what's causing those issues of runaway scaling is how different sources of damage buffs stack. Base damage buffs stack multiplicatively with elemental damage buffs, and all of that stacks multiplicatively with critical hit damage and headshot damage. The result is a crit-built weapon can easily deal 100 times its base damage per shot. Put it this way - the enemy would need to have 99% damage resistance to break even against that. That's what causes the silly scaling of Grenier Armour and the invulnerability phases in everything else.

In the past, I've proposed making ALL damage buffs additive. While that would still leave Crits hitting for ~20 times base damage, that's still a substantial decrease. It's also a substantial nerf, as well as pretty significant diminishing returns. Without going too far into detail, I feel Warframe is due a severe flattening of the damage curve, hopefully sooner rather than later. Every issue from armour scaling to invulnerability to one-shot cheapshots and beyond traces back down to just HOW much we can boost our weapon damage by, and just HOW much of a gap exists between the average player and the high-level elite few.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Every issue from armour scaling to invulnerability to one-shot cheapshots and beyond traces back down to just HOW much we can boost our weapon damage by, and just HOW much of a gap exists between the average player and the high-level elite few.

I feel Warframe is due a severe flattening of the damage curve, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Thing is, won't that make WF a slog to play? That fast-paced high-level gameplay is where WF really shines, and by flattening the damage curve, you're going to make the endgame play more like the early game. I don't want to have to take several seconds of sustained fire to kill a single lancer, I want to be able to blow through entire groups in an instant. That's where the fun is IMO, it's incredibly satisfying being able to do that. There's also the issue of loot. If you make the gameplay slower, it's going to impact how quickly you can finish missions and earn rewards. It's going to feel like a drop rate nerf. A major EHP and/or damage rebalance is certainly possible, but I see a lot of pitfalls surrounding it.

Difficulty is pretty much just enemy stats opposed to player stats with compounding conditions to cause failure.

This is the only way an RPG-style game can create difficulty and pretty much everything else are restrictive pigeon hole effects in attempts to control the player's choices but ultimately do not lead to an increase in difficulty. Least not in Warframe. All such actions simply create set play perimeters. I know some players don't like to hear it but stats are what create difficulty and allow challenge to function and we're simply far above the stats of our opposition so currently neither will ever work.

What DE has been doing with immunity and ignoring ability effects is entirely futile for any player willing to change their play style.

16 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Thing is, won't that make WF a slog to play? That fast-paced high-level gameplay is where WF really shines, and by flattening the damage curve, you're going to make the endgame play more like the early game. I don't want to have to take several seconds of sustained fire to kill a single lancer, I want to be able to blow through entire groups in an instant. That's where the fun is IMO, it's incredibly satisfying being able to do that. There's also the issue of loot. If you make the gameplay slower, it's going to impact how quickly you can finish missions and earn rewards. It's going to feel like a drop rate nerf. A major EHP and/or damage rebalance is certainly possible, but I see a lot of pitfalls surrounding it.

While I see where you're coming from, the problem here is mechanical. The levels of damage and damage resistance the game's playing around with are so high that fundamental systems cease to function properly. Damage resistance has increasing returns. Once you go over 90%, even minor increases in damage resistance can balloon a critter's EHP to ridiculous levels. Well, level 100 Grenier have ~96% damage resistance. Hell, my own Inaros has 80% damage resistance from armour on top of 90% damage resistance multiplicative from Adaptation, on top of ~6000 health. So it's broken both ways.

When an enemy takes only 0.04 of all damage done, a player needs to deal 25 times the damage just to break even. And if that enemy gains just a few more % damage resistance, say up to 98%, then the player now needs 50 times the damage. If you also double health player damage needs to go up 250 times just to break even. In reality, enemy stats do even more than that, because player weapons can do even more than that. Stats are so exaggerated that even minor changes cascade into massive effects down to the line, making any kind of predictable balance damn near impossible, let alone trying to balance for players of different "gear scores."

It's entirely possible to have massive increases in effective health and damage, of course, but a game has to be built around it. The likes of Diablo and The Division see a 1000-fold increase in stats early game to end game, but their systems are generally designed to account for that. Warframe's systems are not, so trying to throw those numbers into the game just ends up breaking it. Players tend to not complain when mechanics are broken in their favour... Right up until developers add in enemies who break mechanics themselves, because that's the only way to have "a game" in the first place.

I'm fine with Warframe being a power fantasy game. Hell, I'm fine with Warframe going the way of Payday 2, throwing large numbers of weak enemies at the player, with only the occasional "elite" here and there to serve as a change of pace. However, you CANNOT push the game's core mechanics to breaking point in order to achieve it, because what that ends up doing is invalidating the vast majority of the options. Player damage needs to not scale as absurdly as it does now, so that enemy health and resistances can be brought down to sane levels and not completely invalidate any build that doesn't include Corrosive Projection and massive Slash procs.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SableSonata said:

I just don't understand why DE hasn't just made it so that enemy armour doesn't scale with level. It's been one of Warframe's biggest balance issues for over five years, and it's laughably-easy to fix, at least to a reasonable extent. 

Would such a fix even be desirable, though? The practical upshot of it is that you build your guns against grineer, and the other factions are so much weaker that they die instantly anyway regardless of whatever strengths and weaknesses they might have. And I like it that way, I don't want to have to keep swapping builds before every mission.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'm fine with Warframe being a power fantasy game. Hell, I'm fine with Warframe going the way of Payday 2, throwing large numbers of weak enemies at the player, with only the occasional "elite" here and there to serve as a change of pace. However, you CANNOT push the game's core mechanics to breaking point in order to achieve it, because what that ends up doing is invalidating the vast majority of the options. Player damage needs to not scale as absurdly as it does now, so that enemy health and resistances can be brought down to sane levels and not completely invalidate any build that doesn't include Corrosive Projection and massive Slash procs.

I agree completely, I'm just saying it needs to be done carefully so that the actual experience of playing the game doesn't change drastically.

• Like 1

a good example of increased difficulty made correctly : The Division 1 "Legendary difficulty", it was doable in pugs but you had to play carefuly, and it was soloable but quite a challenge, and playing the meta made it easier, but not a run and gun cheese.

(obviously NPCs HP is scalying with player count)

59 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Would such a fix even be desirable, though? The practical upshot of it is that you build your guns against grineer, and the other factions are so much weaker that they die instantly anyway regardless of whatever strengths and weaknesses they might have. And I like it that way, I don't want to have to keep swapping builds before every mission.

I'm right there with you in not wanting to swap weapons per faction, especially since it usually just comes down to moving one or two mods. That's no excuse for poor balance, however. The mere fact that it's the Grenier and ONLY the Grenier who get meaningful damage mitigation is itself a problem because it essentially slashes a large portion of the options available to players. You either build for Corrosive or you build for Radiation, with the only exception being Slash for procs. Meanwhile, Corpus shields do jack S#&$ because shields in Warframe are weak overall, and the Infested straight-up don't have any mitigation outside of Ancients... Who die to AoE nukes anyway. There's a whole subject to be had on enemy balance here (I personally feel shields need to do more and the Infested need regenerating health), but "I can ignore the majority of the game's balance concerns" is not good balance. If mechanics don't matter, they either need to be improved or they need to be removed. This suspended animation of aborted balance attempts which nobody even considers is part of what gives the game a slipshod feel in practice.

59 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I agree completely, I'm just saying it needs to be done carefully so that the actual experience of playing the game doesn't change drastically.

The thing to consider is that proper balance isn't just good in an abstract sense. It gives developers more tools with which to create a wide variety of gameplay experiences. Right now, all of our weapons are stupidly overpowered, meaning all enemies are either meaninglessly weak or teeth-grindingly bullet-spongey with no middle ground. When your game mechanics break down, the razor's edge you need to balance stats on in order to achieve said middle ground is basically impossible. Proper game mechanics and a smoother damage/mitigation progression curve would create the opportunity to have "elite" enemies who are tougher than cannon fodder nobodies but not so tough as to take 5 minutes of mag-dumping into them, ala Wolf.

I personally feel that the gameplay experience NEEDS to change to at least some extent. My vision would be fighting predominantly weak, easy enemies with occasional meaningfully tougher ones to break up the monotony. Years ago, games like L4D and its clones (like Payday, as I keep bringing up) stumbled onto a pretty solid design. Throw massive hordes of "Commons" at the player, throw the occasional tougher and gimmick-centric "Special" to create more interesting situation, throw a basic tank-like "Boss" every so often to punctuate important moments and throw players for a loop. Warframe already has something of a similar split to its enemies, but the broken damage/mitigation system means they're all about equally tough and their unique mechanics about equally meaningless.

Provided you brought the right guns, Lancers should never be "tough." They're cannon fodder enemies. Bombards and Heavy Gunners ought to spawn more rarely and be actually tough to kill, and Noxes should be rare and constitute an impromptu "focus fire" mini boss fight. Not a proper Assassination boss fight, but just an enemy who's not going to get trampled underfoot without you even realising he was there. And hopefully, we can achieve this without giving the Nox 75% damage over 93% damage resistance.

A proper power fantasy requires a large number of pathetic enemies that we can almost pity as they stand no chance of opposing us and a small number of tough enemies we can look forward to proving our mettle against. To give you a racing analogy - the corners are as important as the straightaways.

27 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

a good example of increased difficulty made correctly : The Division 1 "Legendary difficulty", it was doable in pugs but you had to play carefuly, and it was soloable but quite a challenge, and playing the meta made it easier, but not a run and gun cheese. 

To be fair, The Division is a far more tactical game than Warframe, even if it does come down to stats in a lot of cases. As such, a lot of what makes the Legendary enemies so tough is their vastly improved tactics. They play a lot like players do, hunkering down behind cover when you aim at them, trying to flush you with shotgunners and retreating if that doesn't work, employing heavies for fire support, etc. And even then, they still have the highest stats in the game, hitting remarkably hard (I say this as a "Toughness" built player) and have tons of health even on their Commons, plus their Heavy Gunner bosses are outright invulnerable aside from their ammo pounches.

I don't think Warframe has the mechanical complexity to pull something like that off. The only way I can see that happen is if they went the Doom route of all slow-moving projectiles to force players to bullet-jump and hover constantly, but I don't think enough of the playerbase plays the game like that for it to be viable long-term. Maybe as an exclusive challenge not meant to be attempted by the vast majority of players, but that would involve either not rewarding it at all or else heavily under-rewarding. For as often as we talk about "challenge" in this game, I doubt there are very many people who'd run content JUST for the challenge if it weren't overly rewarding.

Edited by Steel_Rook

2 hours ago, SableSonata said:

I just don't understand why DE hasn't just made it so that enemy armour doesn't scale with level. It's been one of Warframe's biggest balance issues for over five years, and it's laughably-easy to fix, at least to a reasonable extent. 

It's really one of the lesser flaws. In the beginning probably the biggest flaw was enemy exponential damage output.

We had multiple counters to exponential armor scaling even back in the day. It's actually why DE has resorted to status immunity, since it's kinda easy to deal with but we only had one counter option against scaling enemy damage which was to lock them down.

Over the years this turned into a run away counter play game where Nullifiers and area denial were added in attempts to stop locking down the map while at the same time adding ways for us to layer mitigation. The continued result is the massive eHP gap between frames you see now which only grows bigger and ends with a game where we simply use our stats on opponents because there aren't other viable options available.

Abundance of Area denial effects, enemy CC effects like staggers / Hooks, the eHP gap between frames, the continued OP value of Invisibility, CC / status immunity / dispell. All that and more can be traced back to enemy exponential damage output, the player's various tactics used to deal with it and DE's counter tactics to deal with the players.

It has been a problem for years now, and tbqh, I think it might have to do with porting to consoles. In the early days, bosses required fast reflexes and precise shooting to make the most of the fight, without much invincibility time. Most of them were initially just beefy enemies with hard hitting attacks.

Corrupted Vor has no invulnerability, but quickly warps around the map throwing area denial weapons. This is probably the best fight in the game, but if you had to do it with a controller, can you turn around and accurately shoot a target that fast?

Hyena Pack moves fast and attacks in groups, from the walls, and can retreat very quickly. You need to hit a relatively small target at odd angles.

Alad V requires a bit of strategy in dropping him to make Zanuka vulnerable, and then piling damage on while you have the chance. Zanuka is also a relatively small target that's below crosshair level when looking straight.

Lech Kril and Sargas Ruk both require shooting specific weak points to do damage, though there's way too much invincibility time and waiting on the boss to do it's thing, which is mostly RNG in both cases. They're bad fights, but not really that bad. Sargas Ruk also uses area denial primarily. Kril is just bad, with hitscan spam cheese unless you stand close, and if you do, he never does the attack he needs to to become vulnerable. Bad bad bad. But still, they require some degree of aim.

Then you get Salad V, who's just invulnerable, pulls cheeze out of a hat, and then occasionally says "shoot me" and takes a chunk of damage. Not much aim required, because he points his weak point at you, and it's nice and big for the console kiddies.

From there, we get progressively more and more waiting and invincibility time in boss fights, and then damage immunity with sentients(which could immunize every damage type at once initially, making the only good strategy to kill them in one hit) and Stalker, and then more invincibility and huge health gating with Eidolons, which got worse with Tridolons, and even worse with Profit Taker... But, all these new enemies, do you need to aim? Not really. Do you need to turn quickly? Nope, not really. Do you need to quickly change locations? Nah, it usually doesn't matter much. Bosses have moved far away from skill, precision, and reflexes, and are instead more about sweeping cheeze, time gating, and immunity to everything, and now it's making it's way to enemies with Orb Vallis and the stupid invulnerable spider enemies that can still attack you while they're invincible.

• Like 1