Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Wolf rework an out of season April Fool's joke?

Mrevasivepants

I've pretty much I've had it with this event.

I'm liking the whole free Nitain extract and all, but seriously, the Wolf of Wall Street is the stupidest thing to have ever been introduced in an event, and I did the Cicero event while crying.

Lv 80 Wolf, Absolute Sponge, insta downs you with the throw of a hammer, spawns fugitives which throw cocktail molotovs which ALSO downs you in less than a sec, not to mention they're invunerable until the wolf is down.

This is not dificulty peaked, this is annoyance at its best, the illusion of how long this guy takes to die is what people perceive as dificult.
And you know what? I'd be fine with it all. if, and that's a IF so big that you can see it to the naked eye next to Pluto on a clear sky, his spawns were more occurent AND FOR GOD'S SAKE THE DROPS WERE GUARANTEED/WORTH HAVING.

I'm genuinely mad about this, I know Warframe and all of its faulty RNG and grind which I don't mind and love it because I'm a masachist and a massacre in waiting, but for god's sake at this point DE's not just using RNG to kick me to the balls, its using RNG to flail me alive and well awaken and using Diazepan to stop me from twitching and repeat.

I love you DE, please fix.

• Like 10

I got him with his 3 buddies while doing a solo run, he was rank 29 so not exactly as bad as some have had (seen reports of 140 range) but you get an idea of what it will be like at higher levels... this was the third time I've seen him since the start, spawn rate is appalling still.

My rifle which would usually be doing around 500 damage per hit (100% crit chance rivened tenora) was getting the grand total of 90 per hit, you got to love 80% damage reduction...

Crowd control with magus lockdown (and any frame ability) has been nerfed into the ground, yes it was a little bugged on magus lockdown but it now lasts next to no time at all. 

So I spent about 5-10 mins using my melee (did far more damage than my rifle did) while absorbing all the damage from him and the minions (surprisingly hildryn survived without any issues), with the ocassional hit from wolfie and to be honest I wasn't even aware I'd killed him until I noticed I'd killed his buddies...

When it finished I end up with a mod...  I wouldn't mind the rareness of his visits and the time it takes to kill him if it was 100% drop chance on his parts but it's not and iirc all the other assassins have 100% drop chance of a weapon or part.

• Like 3

Unpopular opinion. While I don't like the addition of invulnerable ticks, I actually like fighting the Wolf. He's actually easy to dodge and keep your distance (Rolling gives you damage resistance, use it) but also doesn't go down immediately allowing me to have a fight that lasts more than a couple of seconds. I've solo'd the level 80 one and it took all of my ammo (including Archguns').

But I will agree, the drops are a #*!%ing joke.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

The best thing is that it's not even an event. Nightwave is here to stay, but the rewards and the ''mini story'' will cycle similar to BR Battlepasses.

Alerts died for this garbage.

I'm accepting bets on how many "unique" stories there will be until DE gets bored and starts recycling, like every single system that was supposed to be like that.

• Like 9

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

I'm accepting bets on how many "unique" stories there will be until DE gets bored and starts recycling, like every single system that was supposed to be like that.

I'll go for 1 lol... I bet the next one will be essentially the same just with a different character, maybe corpus, how else will they add in the 'capture targets' for the extra standing.  If we're lucky there might be some tweaks to the challenge/reward side of things.

• Like 1

When you dump all of your ammo from your Soma and your Akjagara with a 371% damage riven and it doesn't even make a scratch you know there's something wrong with the fight. I shouldn't be forced to run one specific mod in the entire game just to kill one enemy that may or may not spawn. I could probably have killed him if i had my OP melee thanks to the combo mechanic but i was leveling another one, also teammates kept dying because of their absurd amount of damage they deal and then the fact that you can't even get rid of the fugitives. It feels like they've completely overlooked the experience on higher level missions, it's absolutely miserable.

I used to admire this game but it's been running a long time with bad design choice after bad design choice, idk what's happening in DE's minds for real it's like they forgot how their own game works 😕

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Learicorn said:

I used to admire this game but it's been running a long time with bad design choice after bad design choice, idk what's happening in DE's minds for real it's like they forgot how their own game works 😕

Part of the problem is DE tests/plays things in isolated, specifically set up scenarios, often with dev hacks on, so they don't get a real feel for what we the player gets to experience in the 'real game'. 

While several of the staff say they play the game (Glen streams most weekends), most of the 'main dev team' don't seem like they play the game outside of work... that won't help either.  Steve started his 'beginner streams' but they stopped, even though he was finding 'issues' for newbies etc.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

The stories aren't hard to write compared to most lore content in this game, so in isolation, as long as they want. I mean - this one is literally just "people have broken out of prison, put them back. There's also a really scary one that's broken out too and he's chasing someone else because he did experiments on him." In other words, V for Vendetta, except with a less intelligent and less politically-minded escapee. It's basically just Tactical Alert/Ghoul Purge level stories which they came up with plenty of, and still do to this day reasonably often.

Notice that I specified in isolation. I highly doubt that story writing for Nightwave will take precedence over other stories.

So I'm predicting a repeat when the next big story beats start getting written. So the next cinematic quest - or just the next important quest in general - or when Planes of Duviri start getting their story finalised or so on and so forth.

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

The stories aren't hard to write compared to most lore content in this game, so in isolation, as long as they want. I mean - this one is literally just "people have broken out of prison, put them back. There's also a really scary one that's broken out too and he's chasing someone else because he did experiments on him." In other words, V for Vendetta, except with a less intelligent and less politically-minded escapee. It's basically just Tactical Alert/Ghoul Purge level stories which they came up with plenty of, and still do to this day reasonably often.

Notice that I specified in isolation. I highly doubt that story writing for Nightwave will take precedence over other stories.

So I'm predicting a repeat when the next big story beats start getting written. So the next cinematic quest - or just the next important quest in general - or when Planes of Duviri start getting their story finalised or so on and so forth.

This can't be a V for Vendetta knock off, where's the hot and engaging side character that falls inlove with the protagonist?

PLOT TWIST: Nora Night is the Wolf's lover.

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Wyrmius_Prime:

The best thing is that it's not even an event. Nightwave is here to stay, but the rewards and the ''mini story'' will cycle similar to BR Battlepasses.

Alerts died for this garbage.

Not just alerts but actual lore we could had goten, they scrapped Quests for Garuda and Baruuk as far i heard already and probably Hyldrin, now beeing random drops or simple rewards behind grind wall standings.

And now we have this Stalker wannabe which provides nothing to the world at all in my eyes. The Stalker, Zanuka, Gustrak Three, those are atleast exsit codex wise as lore and with Stalekr got at least used in Second Dream and sort of developed, i rather have those more looked into, even the Syndicat deathsquards i rather have decent rework then this dumb bulletsponge with no character besides cliche wise beeign soemone who broken out and "defying" the Grineer in some way.

Don't we had Steel Meridian for this? The Kavor? Clem? How many Grineer seem to deny the Queens already i wonder, its the same thing with there recolour grineer units, Nightwatch, Kuva, Earth, Desert, Normal units? All of the same by now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Well, I said stories, but I meant unique series as a whole (rewards, mechanics like the fugitives etc.)

Also, "how hard is it to write a short story every few weeks?"

Kinda hard, at least if the lore-synthesis targets for symaris (or their complete disappearance) say anything.

1 hour ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Lv 80 Wolf, Absolute Sponge, insta downs you with the throw of a hammer, spawns fugitives which throw cocktail molotovs which ALSO downs you in less than a sec, not to mention they're invunerable until the wolf is down.

And they bypass all defense abilities save for ducking in the void!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrevasivepants said:

I've pretty much I've had it with this event.

I'm liking the whole free Nitain extract and all, but seriously, the Wolf of Wall Street is the stupidest thing to have ever been introduced in an event, and I did the Cicero event while crying.

This is not dificulty peaked, this is annoyance at its best, the illusion of how long this guy takes to die is what people perceive as dificult.
And you know what? I'd be fine with it all. if, and that's a IF so big that you can see it to the naked eye next to Pluto on a clear sky, his spawns were more occurent AND FOR GOD'S SAKE THE DROPS WERE GUARANTEED/WORTH HAVING.

I'm genuinely mad about this, I know Warframe and all of its faulty RNG and grind which I don't mind and love it because I'm a masachist and a massacre in waiting, but for god's sake at this point DE's not just using RNG to kick me to the balls, its using RNG to flail me alive and well awaken and using Diazepan to stop me from twitching and repeat.

I love you DE, please fix.

The hammer is easily one of the worst melee weapons in the game so don't worry, not missing much

The codex entry is definetly missing a few zeros.

His lil' bros also seem to be sporting quite the EHP.

I guess DE is trying to cheese us with Wolf's little helpers as part of their "make CC  great again" agenda.

I'll just put this here

Yes, I cheesed back with an ability that scales with enemy HP.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Well at least the event gave me inspiration to make this wonderful masterpiece.

1ddfe85791.png

Say, have you ever tried to solo T4 Interception while also downing and capturing fugitives? I've been heavily farming Cerebus on Pluto for Axi O4 Relics before Oberon Prime is vaulted. Ambulas are already somewhat a handful, but the fugitives take more time to capture than it takes to down and hack the occasional Ambulas or Bursa! By the time you've captured the third fugitive, the enemy has captured 2-3 towers! Good fun I say! Doesn't help that their molotov cocktails hurt so darn much... and they can even throw surprise molotov cocktails while you capture them! Those molotov cocktails even bypass Mesmer Skin! I have to Enthrall them to avoid that nonsense outright... Oh yeah, if you happen to die while capturing a downed fugitive, the fugitive counts as captured and you cannot attempt to recapture a downed fugitive afterward. You lose the standing outright. But I guess it's better than them all vanishing like all the other death mark assassins (even the stupid syndicate enemies vanish if you are downed by one of them).

PS. If you don't capture the downed fugitives immediately... like if you're trying to not lose solo T4 Interception mission... they vanish (like 30 seconds to 1 minute and they are gone).

Edited by nslay