Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Wolf rework an out of season April Fool's joke?

Mrevasivepants

24 minutes ago, nslay said:

Say, have you ever tried to solo T4 Interception while also downing and capturing fugitives? I've been heavily farming Cerebus on Pluto for Axi O4 Relics before Oberon Prime is vaulted. Ambulas are already somewhat a handful, but the fugitives take more time to capture than it takes to down and hack the occasional Ambulas or Bursa! By the time you've captured the third fugitive, the enemy has captured 2-3 towers! Good fun I say! Doesn't help that their molotov cocktails hurt so darn much... and they can even throw surprise molotov cocktails while you capture them! Those molotov cocktails even bypass Mesmer Skin! I have to Enthrall them to avoid that nonsense outright... Oh yeah, if you happen to die while capturing a downed fugitive, the fugitive counts as captured and you cannot attempt to recapture a downed fugitive afterward. You lose the standing outright. But I guess it's better than them all vanishing like all the other death mark assassins (even the stupid syndicate enemies vanish if you are downed by one of them).

PS. If you don't capture the downed fugitives immediately... like if you're trying to not lose solo T4 Interception mission... they vanish (like 30 seconds to 1 minute and they are gone).

Use Nyx for interception buddy, you won't regret it

24 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Fought the Wolf. Locked him down with magus lockdown. Smashed him. tenor.gif

Not for much longer. DE have decided that they don't want CC or warframe powers in this game, so their newest enemies (sploiter orb, coolant spiders, wolf) are completely immune to anything that's not direct weapon fire, and their latest area (venus open world) is full to the brim with a terminal case of nullicancer. The latter even has for some inexplicable reason some kind of either damage cap or flat damage reduction mechanic (eg. 16k guaranteed crit aklex prime with radiation damage, supposedly what he's weak to, dealing ~1.2k damage per headshot on a L30 wolf).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

Not just alerts but actual lore we could had goten, they scrapped Quests for Garuda and Baruuk as far i heard already and probably Hyldrin, now beeing random drops or simple rewards behind grind wall standings.

And now we have this Stalker wannabe which provides nothing to the world at all in my eyes. The Stalker, Zanuka, Gustrak Three, those are atleast exsit codex wise as lore and with Stalekr got at least used in Second Dream and sort of developed, i rather have those more looked into, even the Syndicat deathsquards i rather have decent rework then this dumb bulletsponge with no character besides cliche wise beeign soemone who broken out and "defying" the Grineer in some way.

Don't we had Steel Meridian for this? The Kavor? Clem? How many Grineer seem to deny the Queens already i wonder, its the same thing with there recolour grineer units, Nightwatch, Kuva, Earth, Desert, Normal units? All of the same by now.

I honestly prefer the orb boss fights over some quest I can only complete once. The story in this game is so bad.

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb DoomFruit:

Not for much longer. DE have decided that they don't want CC or warframe powers in this game, so their newest enemies (sploiter orb, coolant spiders, wolf) are completely immune to anything that's not direct weapon fire, and their latest area (venus open world) is full to the brim with a terminal case of nullicancer. The latter even has for some inexplicable reason some kind of either damage cap or flat damage reduction mechanic (eg. 16k guaranteed crit aklex prime with radiation damage, supposedly what he's weak to, dealing ~1.2k damage per headshot on a L30 wolf).

Sadly true, great to know DE became EA level of game design, while we at it lets remove all Warframes and Weapons and make all the same if we are not allowed variety at all again, good ot knwo DE goes down this bad road, wow. I like them but lately they loose my trust.

• Like 3

Warframe 2019 is a game where we smash our stats against problems until they go away.

If you're not playing eHP + DPS then you're not playing Warframe. Least that's what's being forced on us.

RIP 900 in-mission hours on Nyx. Seriously, CC is just being straight up murdered for no reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Well, I said stories, but I meant unique series as a whole (rewards, mechanics like the fugitives etc.)

Also, "how hard is it to write a short story every few weeks?"

Kinda hard, at least if the lore-synthesis targets for symaris (or their complete disappearance) say anything.

Fair point, mechanics do throw a spanner in the works.

So, sooner then.

1 hour ago, Mrevasivepants said:

This can't be a V for Vendetta knock off, where's the hot and engaging side character that falls inlove with the protagonist?

PLOT TWIST: Nora Night is the Wolf's lover.

The real hot and engaging side character was the friends we made along the way.

22 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Sounds like the Teralyst synovia (joints). I had a 16k radiation Hek with 8k puncture and up close to the Teralyst's knee? 90 damage per pellet.

Zilchy said Rubico Prime works well on the Wolf (he needed an entire clip, he was disappointed... too easy he thought)... guess you better get used to using a nuke rifle for everything. Ironically, Rubico Prime works well on the Teralyst too! I sure as heck bet your crit Aklex will merely scratch Teralyst synovia just the same as Wolf.

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Say, have you ever tried to solo T4 Interception while also downing and capturing fugitives? I've been heavily farming Cerebus on Pluto for Axi O4 Relics before Oberon Prime is vaulted. Ambulas are already somewhat a handful, but the fugitives take more time to capture than it takes to down and hack the occasional Ambulas or Bursa! By the time you've captured the third fugitive, the enemy has captured 2-3 towers! Good fun I say! Doesn't help that their molotov cocktails hurt so darn much... and they can even throw surprise molotov cocktails while you capture them! Those molotov cocktails even bypass Mesmer Skin! I have to Enthrall them to avoid that nonsense outright... Oh yeah, if you happen to die while capturing a downed fugitive, the fugitive counts as captured and you cannot attempt to recapture a downed fugitive afterward. You lose the standing outright. But I guess it's better than them all vanishing like all the other death mark assassins (even the stupid syndicate enemies vanish if you are downed by one of them).

PS. If you don't capture the downed fugitives immediately... like if you're trying to not lose solo T4 Interception mission... they vanish (like 30 seconds to 1 minute and they are gone).

Yeah that sounds like to suck more than a Conservative party.

Don't waste your time and ammo on the Wolf of Saturn five - it's not worth it.

DE should bring back the quick alert system - that was successful for 6 years in combination with the grindy nightwave system - that way players can choose for themselves what they want to play. DE should never try forcing players to play stuff they don't enjoy - or they will just play less and less instead.

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

2 hours ago, Marine027 said:

great to know DE became EA level of game design, while we at it lets remove all Warframes and Weapons and make all the same if we are not allowed variety at all again

Yup, sums it up. 

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

Warframe 2019 is a game where we smash our stats against problems until they go away.

If you're not playing eHP + DPS then you're not playing Warframe. Least that's what's being forced on us.

RIP 900 in-mission hours on Nyx. Seriously, CC is just being straight up murdered for no reason.

4 hours ago, Learicorn said:

When you dump all of your ammo from your Soma and your Akjagara with a 371% damage riven and it doesn't even make a scratch you know there's something wrong with the fight. I shouldn't be forced to run one specific mod in the entire game just to kill one enemy that may or may not spawn. I could probably have killed him if i had my OP melee thanks to the combo mechanic but i was leveling another one, also teammates kept dying because of their absurd amount of damage they deal and then the fact that you can't even get rid of the fugitives. It feels like they've completely overlooked the experience on higher level missions, it's absolutely miserable.

I used to admire this game but it's been running a long time with bad design choice after bad design choice, idk what's happening in DE's minds for real it's like they forgot how their own game works 😕

The new twist is shown with the 3rd Naration-Still.  The Wolf “hunts with his pack”...

In gameplay terms:

You have to kill the fugitives (his pack)before  you can harm him.

I hope you all kept Revenant... I know he's well hated, but his Reave makes the Wolf fight a lot less time consuming. You can't Enthrall him anymore for the one-shot kill Reave, but you need only Reave him at most 13 times (8% target health per hit). If you're good at Archwing or have high duration, you may be able to multi-shot him per Reave.

His invincible goons can be Enthralled. You should Enthrall them first, then Reave Wolf as much as possible.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Revenant#Abilities

1 hour ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The new twist is shown with the 3rd Naration-Still.  The Wolf “hunts with his pack”...

In gameplay terms:

You have to kill the fugitives (his pack)before  you can harm him.

Think you'll find it's the other way round, you can't kill the fugitives until you've killed him... or at least that was my experience. 

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Think you'll find it's the other way round, you can't kill the fugitives until you've killed him... or at least that was my experience. 

confirmed, Fugitive's bars are Grey (invincible) until wolf is killed.

encounter #7 today and the first one where he brought friends. thankfully I did too. well, not friends, but a random guy in a pug Fissure survival where I wanted to try out this new solo extraction system (it actually works too!). I was Revenant and used my 4 on everything else to keep LS up while the other guy, an Inaros with an Ignis, dealt most of the DPS. a few melee combos of my Kreska took a surprising amount of health off him. sadly though, he didn't drop anything.

I could see this fight being annoying if you don't have any means of CC, and I think the best way to encourage this new "Wolf & Friends" setup would be if the fugutives in his fight gave 100 or more Nightwave standing each: they are rolling with the Wolf, so they're harder to catch than regular fugitives as they're protected, so they should be worth more if you manage to beat the Wolf and catch the convicts without taking a stray Molotov to the face.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

confirmed, Fugitive's bars are Grey (invincible) until wolf is killed.

encounter #7 today and the first one where he brought friends. thankfully I did too. well, not friends, but a random guy in a pug Fissure survival where I wanted to try out this new solo extraction system (it actually works too!). I was Revenant and used my 4 on everything else to keep LS up while the other guy, an Inaros with an Ignis, dealt most of the DPS. a few melee combos of my Kreska took a surprising amount of health off him. sadly though, he didn't drop anything.

I could see this fight being annoying if you don't have any means of CC, and I think the best way to encourage this new "Wolf & Friends" setup would be if the fugutives in his fight gave 100 or more Nightwave standing each: they are rolling with the Wolf, so they're harder to catch than regular fugitives as they're protected, so they should be worth more if you manage to beat the Wolf and catch the convicts without taking a stray Molotov to the face.

You should have used your 3 on Wolf to take hm out in 13 hits or less.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

You should have used your 3 on Wolf to take hm out in 13 hits or less.

yeah, but this was a survival, and we were low on life support. if I didn't kill mobs quick we would have been forced to extract, and the other guy was clearly set up for DPS anyway so it was fine. but yes, it's nice that reave works on him, it helped greatly when I fought him with only my Tatsu on Jupiter. most fun of all the encounters I've had!

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 1

Ran into him today while running fast Ukkos on Nezha with Mara Detron (was running an unleveled primary).

So that means I had solid defenses, decent radiation damage from the Mara Detron, and Nezha's 4 to CC his invulnerable adds. I was in very good shape to encounter him, and had no real trouble with him, but he still took a fair bit of time.  And if I hadn't had the ability to lock the fugitives down, the molotovs still would have become a problem very quickly.

I've only been caught by him with my pants down one time. That time I was running Lua spy with a ridiculously Lua-Spy specific Limbo build (all mobility + natural talent), and unleveled weapons.  Other than that I've killed him every time I've encountered him, 5 kills or so now.  But I've never gotten anything useful, like any of the sledge parts.  This time I got Spinning Needle.  Again.

He's a little over-the-top is all.  For all the restrictions on what we can do to him in terms of damage and abilities and his proc immunity, his massive health pool, and now the invulnerable adds with high-damage molotovs, you'd think he might be somewhat rewarding.  The very first boss in the game is more rewarding than this special event boss who shows up outside of our own control and fairly rarely at that (some have still never encountered him).  He's a massive downgrade even from his nearest equivalent, the Stalker, as he takes longer to kill and he's less rewarding.  Oh, and the Stalker isn't a short-term limited-time thing, either.

At least now we can get some standing from the guaranteed fugitive spawns - even if it is the same amount as encountering them without him.  And thematically I like that he's now spawning with them. But on top of the other issues that were already present with him, they're invulnerable until the massive bullet-sponge finally dies, which seems really unnecessary.

Edited by Andvarja

9 hours ago, Mrevasivepants said:

Lv 80 Wolf, Absolute Sponge, insta downs you with the throw of a hammer, spawns fugitives which throw cocktail molotovs which ALSO downs you in less than a sec, not to mention they're invunerable until the wolf is down.

The hammers pretty easy to dodge-roll, which is a mechanic I’ve only ever used when bullet dodging and feeling fancy.

I was in a mission with one other player when he showed up and all I had was an unranked gammacor and an Ignis wraith. We eventually beat him but by the end I was running around opening lockers and void dashing to get more ammo and energy.

Way I see it, he’s like the Stalker, but scaled up so that he’s a threat to high level players with access to Arch Guns and MAX CRIT! rivens and mods. 

Stalker was terrifying until I figured out how to deal with him. It’s fun to feel like that again.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Typo, typo. 2 typos.

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

scaled up so that he’s a threat to high level players with access to Arch Guns and MAX CRIT! rivens and mods. 

That's the thing. He's not a threat to those high level players. My only encounter? Levelling a crappy impact-and-crit-based zaw (modded for corrosive fire, so like the worst possible against the wolf) for the nightwave "gild a thing" act.

That was my only weapon, outside of the fact I played Valkyr. And so, I killed the dude no problem just mashing melee, cause he hits me for like nothing and when I got low, I'd insta full heal from my Operator's arcanes or the Hysteria anyway, lol.

Edited by HugintheCrow

7 hours ago, Xzorn said:

CC didn't just die..........

IT WAS MURDERED

I fought this guy in back to back missions while leveling my Prisma Grinlok. Fortunately it was on a low level mission both times and he was level ~30 but he still took a century to take down. I've been carrying my Vectis Prime and Paracesis ever since. So much for build diversity....

• Like 1