Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is the Wolf rework an out of season April Fool's joke?

Mrevasivepants

If he was a tank and interesting it might be better. He just doesn't do anything besides trundle around and occasionally whirl in a circle. You have to move out of the way of the attacks but it's hard not to, and otherwise it's just "hold down the trigger." 

His immortal henchlings are more dangerous. 

On 2019-03-31 at 4:53 AM, DoomFruit said:

That would be fine if we could prepare for his appearance, but it's both completely random and incredibly uncommon. Revenant never clicked for me (nothing to date fits me so well as Loki), so I'd only bring him to a mission where I know that he'd be needed (eg. Volt always comes out for Grineer defence missions because of his invincible shields, Nova always for intercept because of mass slowing). The last time he appeared for me, I had Hydroid because I was trying to get pigments from leech ospreys. Completely useless against him. Does Loki's invis work against him? Dunno, I've not seen him since.

CC on its own will never kill enemies - it always needed to be paired with good weapons. It's just that now it's getting more and more useless so there's no point in bringing anything except weapons plus weapon buffs and/or tankiness (prime example: chroma).

Since the time I posted what you quoted, I met up with Wolf again. I was on my gimpy Limbo soloing a mobile defense. Im not quite sure what everyone is on about. I can see how an under modded frame or weapon could be an issue, but even with as gimp as I am, I had no trouble spanking him into oblivion. With as many things as there are that can be destroyed by frames, it's noce to see that somethings just require weapons. Ads a more balanced dynamic that requires you to have good everything. Granted I had to use my operator a few times, but that's the fun isnt it? Making you pull out everything to win? I rather like the change. Unpredictability is more fun than the same slogging grind we have thru most of the game. Would be nice for them to change up the tactics of the npcs once in a while to add some spice to the game.

• Like 2

Wolf of Saturn Six Is a completely trash boss. Quite possibly the worst design I've ever seen in a game that isn't poorly designed across the board (That's not hyperbole). Take away all of the things that make Warframes unique and interesting in offensive combat. Make him ABSURDLY tanky. Take away the ability to strip his armor, other than with Shattering Impact or Corrosive Projection, and even if you do that he's still stupidly tanky.
What they've effectively done is go, "oh, I have an idea for a boss! Let's have one with a ton of HP so he's hard to kill! I bet we'll be the first ones in history to have this ground-breaking idea! But wait, Warframes or Slash can make that trivial. That's okay, we'll just stop them from doing anything!"
This is the laziest way to make a boss. Hands down. It doesn't help that armor's damage reduction has been broken for years.
And yes, there are some ways around it. As an example, Rhino's roar providing a damage buff would help, but does that mean I need to bring Rhino on every mission, just in case of Wolf making his 1 in 200 (as a pure guess at his spawn chance) appearance? Also bring a radiation weapon (or four) and a Shattering Impact melee. Make sure your kit isn't centered around status-related damage, mind you, because how dare you try to customize your loadout to your liking in our game which expressly gives you the opportunity to customize your loadout to your liking?

I just fought a level 140 Wolf (Kuva Flood), and got forced out of the mission by two of the players who refused to even give me or the other player a chance to fight him.

I should mention that, at level 140, he was able to SHRED my Nezha. Two Arcane Guardians, Adaptation, Health Conversion, Magus Repair and Elevate on my operator. I had 100k Warding Halo at one point after absorbing some of his damage. It was gone in less than 10 seconds.

This has all probably all been said, but I just needed to rant, and hey, it's another voice for DE.

Edited by twitch.tv_Mythraen

Was doing a nightmare mission on Mars, received a level 61 Wolf, on Mars. Fight took over 20 minutes after my guns ran out of ammo I ended up using imperator vandal and each time that ran out of ammo I'd stack void strike until it came off CD. x20 void strike crits were hitting him between 7-12k, couldn't even notice his HP budging. After that arduous battle we were rewarded with Molten Impact. Totally worth it. 🙄

2 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Since the time I posted what you quoted, I met up with Wolf again. I was on my gimpy Limbo soloing a mobile defense. Im not quite sure what everyone is on about. I can see how an under modded frame or weapon could be an issue, but even with as gimp as I am, I had no trouble spanking him into oblivion. With as many things as there are that can be destroyed by frames, it's noce to see that somethings just require weapons. Ads a more balanced dynamic that requires you to have good everything. Granted I had to use my operator a few times, but that's the fun isnt it? Making you pull out everything to win? I rather like the change. Unpredictability is more fun than the same slogging grind we have thru most of the game. Would be nice for them to change up the tactics of the npcs once in a while to add some spice to the game.

Glad SOMEONE gets it! xD

13 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

The point is that CC is getting more and more useless in this game, only personal buffs and stats are consistently functional and even the former has a tendency to get randomly shut down (eg. nullicancer, stalker, magnet procs). Weapons were always useful. This boss makes it even worse. Not a single one of your warframe's abilities would have helped here. You weren't pulling out everything, you were pulling out one thing because all your other stuff is flat out useless.

Again, it's just a gear check, with a secondary effect of level check: if it's a kuva flood, then good luck killing him without wasting a full half hour of your time and 20 ammo pizzas only to be given a turd on a plate (molten impact) instead of a reward.

20 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

The point is that CC is getting more and more useless in this game, only personal buffs and stats are consistently functional and even the former has a tendency to get randomly shut down (eg. nullicancer, stalker, magnet procs). Weapons were always useful. This boss makes it even worse. Not a single one of your warframe's abilities would have helped here. You weren't pulling out everything, you were pulling out one thing because all your other stuff is flat out useless.

really? I fought wolf a few hours ago lvling my weapons on nidus. My teammates worked on wolf while i spammed energy pizza's and used larva to cc the 3 adds. Yeah they cant take damage but hit of 0 damage is still a hit and gave my nidus mutation stacks soi wouldnt die to the wolfs occasional drive by hammer smacks..which happened a few times.  Yeah wolf is immune to cc but not raw damage. However his 3 cronies...immune to damage not CC. So CC is still useful. Just gotta think outside the box. Even my 3 teammates thanked me and said the CC on the 3 adds may have made the fight take abit longer due to dps loss. But the fact they didnt hafta worry about the prisoners setting their butthole on fire was worth it. 

Personal prefrence i guess. As a support and tank main in most games. Sittting there and providing ammo and energy pizza's for my team while keeping the 3 prisoner's CCed made me  extremly happy. We even got the wolf sledge handle to drop

On 2019-04-02 at 5:13 AM, DoomFruit said:

Again, it's just a gear check, with a secondary effect of level check: if it's a kuva flood, then good luck killing him without wasting a full half hour of your time and 20 ammo pizzas only to be given a turd on a plate (molten impact) instead of a reward.

CC is VERY relevant in the game. Now, weapons are important as well. Nyx 3, Inaros 1, Kohra's dangle dome, Limbo's buble, Frost's bubble, and more... still relevant. If you can make them chase their tails, fight each other or freeze, it makes the shooting work better.  The game is what you make it. I like working smarter, not harder. I take a status weapon and a damage weapon so I can do both. But it sure makes it a lot easier when I dont have to worry as much about them hitting me.

Or is it that your favorite frame doesnt seem to have a role?

See... the problem is that you're looking at the wolf as needing to be easier. The CC is for everything else. While my 29k radiation doesnt do a lot of damage to him at a kuva flood, it does damage. And so does my Rubico Prime. NEITHER of which have a Riven. It's the same theme as the Profit taker. Are you going to worry about the bear or the bees to get the honey? CC is quite necessary and relevant to keeping the bees at bay while you take on the bear. In a group of 4, there will be at least on person who can be the medic and rez fallen comrades. There will be at least one who has the damage.

Yes it takes time. Just like it took time when you first started doing Eidolons, planet bosses, profit taker, etc. The only time I see an issue in regards to all of the whining is if you dont have the real life time to spend on it. And if that's the case, run to extraction and let everyone else run out their deaths. either way, it's fine the way it is.