Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Irish Contest: Moira vs Ballas

(PSN)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎31 at 4:26 AM, GrayArchon said:

Isn't Ballas' accent Scottish? Or at least his voice actor?

EDIT: yeah, if you look at his web page, you can see all the different variations of Scottish accents he can do.

People get the two mixed up all the time, it seems.

On 2019-03-31 at 4:26 AM, GrayArchon said:

Isn't Ballas' accent Scottish? Or at least his voice actor?

EDIT: yeah, if you look at his web page, you can see all the different variations of Scottish accents he can do.

Really? I always Thought Ballas had a Gaelic accent. Especially in the Nekros Prime trailer when he says

"It Vines within the mind, corrupting it." 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Ch1b1N1njaGam1ng said:

Really? I always Thought Ballas had a Gaelic accent. Especially in the Nekros Prime trailer when he says

"It Vines within the mind, corrupting it." 

In fairness, they're all likely derived from similar base accents, and probably had more than a little crossover from cross-immigration in the past. I'm UK based with Irish relatives and I still get the accents mixed up.

On ‎2019‎-‎03‎-‎31 at 4:26 AM, GrayArchon said:

HOLY F***.

I THINK I RECOGNISE THIS VOICE FROM ADS I SAW AS A KID.

No wonder - as I said I'm UK based and so is he so it makes sense he'd get more work on this side of the pond.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

HOLY F***.

I THINK I RECOGNISE THIS VOICE FROM ADS I SAW AS A KID.

No wonder - as I said I'm UK based and so is he so it makes sense he'd get more work on this side of the pond.

I've never heard him in anything other than Warframe, but when I listen to samples of his advertising work on his website or elsewhere it's so weird to me. Here's Executor Ballas and his extremely distinctive voice, selling the new model of SUV.

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎01 at 7:50 PM, GrayArchon said:

I've never heard him in anything other than Warframe, but when I listen to samples of his advertising work on his website or elsewhere it's so weird to me. Here's Executor Ballas and his extremely distinctive voice, selling the new model of SUV.

Indeed. It was really weird realising the connection :tongue:.