Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mars Junction Is Impossible To Complete

Frost Specter has a 1 shot skill, and is capable of freezing Tenno, even if in midair.

This is a level 10 boss, while my Volt is level 30. Being killed in one hit by a lower level boss should not be physically possible in any other game, let alone Warframe. 

There's something seriously wrong with the calculations in this game. For one, the wikipedia says the level cap goes all the way to 40, when it is instead capped at 30.

For two, the mod slots caps out far too low. This prevents me from upgrading so many mods that are required for survive-ability, especially in squishy Volt. To cap it out any further requires too much Pay To Win.

I despise the Pay To Win (High emphasis on hyper inflated Platinum prices.) aspect in this game.

I especially despise it when I'm getting 1 shot by being forced to melee a boss whose quick shield regeneration makes ranged attacks useless.

This junction is not only required for proceeding in the main quest line, but to gain an incubator power core to complete the Kubrow breeding side quest. (For free, I might add.)

Since it's impossible to complete, and I can't go anywhere else for any materials to craft other warframes, that makes this game rather useless.

(That's assuming the levels past 30 are even plausible in the first place.)
By the way, I've been using the gamepad. It's decent, but ranged rarely ever gets any aiming time. So I'm stuck with the Bo Staff rather than Kunai or Bow subs on this one.

• Like 1

1- this isn’t pay to win, it’s pay for convienience or to save time 

2- levels are just a measure of difficulty. Lvl 1-30 means it’s pretty easy, lvl-31-60 is medium and so on (not exact numbers btw) 

3- your gear levels don’t mean anything, it only means you can equip more and better mods 

4- mods are power in this game, not levels 

5- you need to start using Forma and orokin reactor and catalyst (aka potatos) on your gear, that’s how they get stronger 

6- movement is key in this game. A good strategy for this is to stay away from frost and just shoot while on the move

7- only one item in the game currently can reach lvl 40, but you don’t need to worry about that. Max level is 30 but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re the strongest there is, you need Forma and potatos 

can you show us your build for volt and your weapons? 

Edited by GinKenshin
  • Like 3

Some of those Spectres can be tough. Especially with mods only upgraded a bit. Frame Capacity IS 40, 30 +10 (I think) for the matching aura mod..which most likely you wont have early on in the game.

Simple tip though. Cast your Elec Shield power when you first see him. Stand behind it and dont move. Shoot him and keep recasting the shield till he dies. Literally cant get any easier than that.

• Like 1

Yes, it must be impossible.

That's why all players that start with Volt never make it past mars.

Seriously thou, you are likely not approaching that fight properly. Maybe you have a wrong setup, or you are using some wrong technique.

Maybe start by showing us your load out so people can give some tips. Are you even making use of Volt's abilities? No one can "one shot" volt through his shield for example ..

• Like 1

1) Yes, Volt can be one shot with it's flimsy HP. That's why I only capped out that flawed mod and fit everything else in.

2) The shield has vulnerabilities where AoE can pass through the bottom. (Jackal proved that with his stomp. Should be the same for Freeza here.)

3) It's not a viable tactic to waste arrows on a target who will move. (Because AI dictates that HP loss= run away and hide.)

4) Jackal wipes every party I'm in. He's not a good grind boss at this level for mod cap boosters.

5) I have been moving, and I tossed aside the range once I realized that jumping around with melee won't help either. (Hence the frozen in midair screenshots.)

6) Levels shouldn't dictate difficulty level, it gets far too confusing if that is indeed the case. (This is what Easy/Medium/Hard is for... to prevent confusion.)

7) I did an oopsie on my Bo staff, so I'll have to recap it to get the previous mods back on. Either way, the level caps didn't help at all.

There is no pay to win aspect to this game, you have been misinformed.

Stop trying to kill junction bosses with your frame and start to MOVE around. Flip, roll, shoot, melee. If you are standing around hoping to use your powers then yes, you will die.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

There is no pay to win aspect to this game, you have been misinformed.

Stop trying to kill junction bosses with your frame and start to MOVE around. Flip, roll, shoot, melee. If you are standing around hoping to use your powers then yes, you will die.

Like I said, I did move around. Turns out it only encourages the freezing blast radius with a Bo Staff.

Here's my gear stats, minus the re-leveling Bo Staff. (Because I added a sign thing to it without knowing it would up the cost ratio.)

Ditch the armour, ditch the range (junction room is small) up your vitality if you can afford to, you dont really need fast deflection on there. This is just for the junction mind you, since you just want to get it done.. more survivablity will help over recharge and range you dont really need there.

36 minutes ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

Like I said, I did move around. Turns out it only encourages the freezing blast radius with a Bo Staff.

Here's my gear stats, minus the re-leveling Bo Staff. (Because I added a sign thing to it without knowing it would up the cost ratio.)

Ok, now it’s certain this is 100% your own fault. 

1- remove everything on the frame. Use the hp and shields, shield recharge is ok, use streamline and try to rank it up. Also try using the insulation mod since he mostly deals cold damage. If you still have space then use power strength mod 

2- your weapon mods suck, simple as that. And you generally lack essential mods. Go farm up and do other missions, especially endless ones like survival, excavation or defense

3- you at least need the damage mods on your weapons, which you don’t even have 

4- stray away from ranking up damaged or broken mods, these are inferior mods to the original ones

5-maybe try to farm a new frame? Go for rhino and he’s pretty newbie friendly, and you don’t need to go all Rambo and try to solo it, just join public matches or asking for help 

6- generally just ask in chat to get help or taxied somewhere where you can get good mods (ik the junction is only solo, I’m not talking about that) 

7- get new weapons. If you don’t like the bow or if it’s clearly not working then get another one. There’s the braton and mk-1 strun which you can buy for credits 

8- don’t get close, he has an AoE ability that freeze everything around him, you meleeing him isn’t gonna help you 

9- yes, that’s a Forma you used on your bo, use other ones on your volt and add a D polarity to correspond with your hp or shield mods 

Farm Serration for primary and Hornet Strike for secondary. This is simply on you and not the game. You’re pretty much trying to speed through it which isn’t gonna help you, you need to grind and do mission again 

Edited by GinKenshin
  • Like 1

The only complete set of blueprints I have available for a frame is Oberon. Not much I can do with those item requirements.

I bought the Trinity Blueprint thinking it would be fun to play healer for giggles. Looking at it now, it kinda honestly doesn't look reliable at all, especially since the junction is solo only.

I also don't have any of it's set, and I don't feel like taking the risk of it equally being squishy at junction.

I have a few Rhino blueprints things like the Chassis and Systems, but I really don't want to waste warframe slots on warframes I don't really want to keep.

Yeah, the damage mods honestly don't drop at all on lower levels. Everything that drops on accessible levels either glitches or is equally terrible.

For now, I'll sleep on it. Literally.

Edited by (NSW)MasterDarkwingz
More details

Seriously, use your Elec shield. If you stay at range, pretty sure he will to. If your shield goes on teh ground, as it SHOULD it you use it while standing, damage totally wont go 'under' it..since it is..you know..flat to the ground and pretty wide. Get the Braton with credits and just keep shooting him till he dies. It may take awhile, but thats how I killed a lot of those guys, at a similar level.

8 hours ago, (NSW)MasterDarkwingz said:

The only complete set of blueprints I have available for a frame is Oberon. Not much I can do with those item requirements.

I bought the Trinity Blueprint thinking it would be fun to play healer for giggles. Looking at it now, it kinda honestly doesn't look reliable at all, especially since the junction is solo only.

I also don't have any of it's set, and I don't feel like taking the risk of it equally being squishy at junction.

I have a few Rhino blueprints things like the Chassis and Systems, but I really don't want to waste warframe slots on warframes I don't really want to keep.

Yeah, the damage mods honestly don't drop at all on lower levels. Everything that drops on accessible levels either glitches or is equally terrible.

For now, I'll sleep on it. Literally.

There’s nothing to fix if you literally don’t want to use the tips that people give you. You’re simply doing a lot of things wrong, this is not the game’s fault, it’s on you, and tweeting about it isn’t going to make it change 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

There’s nothing to fix if you literally don’t want to use the tips that people give you. You’re simply doing a lot of things wrong, this is not the game’s fault, it’s on you, and tweeting about it isn’t going to make it change 

As they said before, I need a new warframe. I very well can't craft one with the blueprints and materials I already have. (Newbie zones, lackluster selection.)

I currently only have a Volt with a Bow, Kunai, and Bo Staff. I wouldn't be tweeting about the difficulty scaling if the mods and newbie weapons weren't causing me problems.

On PC you have a more sturdy aim, and far more hotkeys. While on Nintendo Switch with a gamepad, aiming takes valuable time that I simply don't have.

(I can't even open the chat in combat.) Thus why people suggested I craft a less squishy warframe. 

I can't waste time with the control systems flipping through skills on the gamepad, since the hotkeys are so unusually substandard.

Hence why I started to craft new weapons, since everyone else brags about such an easy time with guns.

Before with Melee Range:

After With Ranged Range:

Edited by (NSW)MasterDarkwingz

Unless NSW has some kind of aim assist, bows are a terrible weapon choice. Craft a Karak. Or a Hek if you're MR4 already. Or at least finish building that Boltor, which, while not hitscan is at least not THAT punishing when you miss.

Get essential mods. Not flawed versions with cracked cards, the real ones. Pressure Point (melee), Serration (rifles), Point Blank (shotguns) and Hornet Strike (secondaries) are your friends. Vicious Frost and Volcanic Edge are also accessible as early as Venus/Mercury, so go get those. Rank up your Vitality, all the way to rank 8 if you can. As with most 10-pip mods, r9 and r10 are too costly for what they offer in early game, r8 is golden. 

Warframe is all about choosing the right tools for the task, and that means both frames/weapons and mods. 

2 minutes ago, Reifnir said:

Unless NSW has some kind of aim assist, bows are a terrible weapon choice. Craft a Karak. Or a Hek if you're MR4 already. Or at least finish building that Boltor, which, while not hitscan is at least not THAT punishing when you miss.

Get essential mods. Not flawed versions with cracked cards, the real ones. Pressure Point (melee), Serration (rifles), Point Blank (shotguns) and Hornet Strike (secondaries) are your friends. Vicious Frost and Volcanic Edge are also accessible as early as Venus/Mercury, so go get those. Rank up your Vitality, all the way to rank 8 if you can. As with most 10-pip mods, r9 and r10 are too costly for what they offer in early game, r8 is golden. 

Warframe is all about choosing the right tools for the task, and that means both frames/weapons and mods. 

Funny thing was that I didn't even equip any mods with the new guns, just equipped them and ran one mission for less than ten levels.

Then I gave the quest a try, and won on the second try. I think there's something wrong with my Bow mods, the arsenal would never upgrade in level like a pistol.

I doubt there are even any Bow mods I could've used to have cleared it with the weapons I had last night.

I started with volt. Stun with lightning at max range, put up a shield, keep stunned with lightning, arrows to the head.

Sure, took a few attempts to work out a strategy, but definitely not a bug. Not nearly as annoying as Saryn was on the Sedna junction, and solved that being instakilled with more vitality, which I'd neglected to upgrade for an age.

Confirmed that this is a bug - friend uses a level 30 volt and is instakilled every time. Frost's cold proc from his gun pretty much kills volt dead.
I tried my level 30 mag with zero mods, just stood in the middle, and frost took about 15-20 seconds of fire/abilities to bring me down.
Friend was a bit upset at this point and gave up.

Pretty sure this didnt happen to me when I ran it (a month or more ago)

Edited by (NSW)Carnac
Reproducing stuff is hard

Hope the issue is resolved. If you don't have a Rhino and a Hex, would totally recommend you get this warframe/weapon.

It is one of the best all rounder that will get you through tough times. 

Happy to assist, I'm on almost every night, message me in game. 

Okay. So not wanting to call my friend a liar, and finding this thread, I bought a volt. Got it to level 20. Bought a Braton, left unranked.

No mods in Braton.
No mods in Volt.
Companion unequipped.

The specter does NOT instantly kill me with gunfire or abilities.
Volt shields BLOCKS the specter's gunfire and primary ability completely.
If I close to melee range, it CAN inflict fatal damage with the sibear.
In line with the new melee changes, if it equips the sibear, it will begin to auto-block, until range makes it switch back.
So far, so good. This is expected.

In ranged combat, without much effort, I can get the specter to half health through one shield (energy is ~130 at this point). If I stack two shields, it can be downed to about a third of its hit points. Problem is that moves about a lot, so I run out of energy, the shield wears off, and it breaks me with its superior shield regen and ability spam.

It does ice path rarely when it gets midrange, and when it gets close ish but not melee, it will use avalanche. This combo is fatal with low hps, and if you dont have a shield up, being frozen means death.

To beat it easily: -
Volt: rank 9 [Flow], rank 8 [Intensify] (total of 9 with polarity)
Braton: rank 10 [serration]
Stay at range, stack three shields up and pelt it in the head, it doesn't last long.

There may be a mod or companion (health link?) related bug out there, but after stripping mods, I can't find an instakill short of its melee (not that you dont lose half your shield getting close), and I can beat it with low requirements.
After I levelled volt and braton to 30, it doesnt last more than a few seconds under a little corrosive fire (serration 10, infected clip 10, stormbringer 10) through shields.

Edited by (NSW)Carnac
Crazy reasons
  • Like 3

• 2 years later...

its actually easy if done correctly. if you let him you him frost abilities you are dead, if using excalibur, jump in and use radial blind as soon as possible, then finish him with your meele( 2 hits with rank 20 skana should do it,) if using mag, use magnetism to trap him and finish him off from a safe distance. if using volt, just stay behind your shield and shoot

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 2021-05-12 at 10:05 AM, Shadowgamer001 said:

its actually easy if done correctly. if you let him you him frost abilities you are dead, if using excalibur, jump in and use radial blind as soon as possible, then finish him with your meele( 2 hits with rank 20 skana should do it,) if using mag, use magnetism to trap him and finish him off from a safe distance. if using volt, just stay behind your shield and shoot

Mate, honestly, thank you for this.

I struggled for a while and then I saw this. Worked really well. The moment I used Radial Blind, he froze me to run away. I did it again and killed the sceptre. As a newer player, this game is fun, but, the granularity is a lot to take in. 

Once again, thank you.

• 1 month later...

I managed to beat the mars junction with melee attacks only using level 27 volt mastery rank 2 (mods: vitality level 6, redirection level 7, steel fiber, fast deflection, Capacity 27) and Skana level 29 (pressure point lvl 4, organ shatter lvl 3, molten impact lvl 2, fury lvl 1, Capacity 28), I just kept moving around dodging frost's melee and when he was about to freeze me ill just go as far as i can even though im still at range and will still be frozen, atleast frost wont use melee against me, he'll just shoot me in that range and then do the same thing again after being frozen, it took 4-5 tries i think, after i managed to get the mods that i need. Take note: im still a noob at this game i got my switch lite like less than 2 weeks ago and started playing warframe. I do enjoy it, i cant say it's a pay2win game it's more like pay to save time. Hope this helps the future readers of this thread.

4 hours ago, (NSW)-VoN- said:

I managed to beat the mars junction with melee attacks only using level 27 volt mastery rank 2 (mods: vitality level 6, redirection level 7, steel fiber, fast deflection, Capacity 27) and Skana level 29 (pressure point lvl 4, organ shatter lvl 3, molten impact lvl 2, fury lvl 1, Capacity 28), I just kept moving around dodging frost's melee and when he was about to freeze me ill just go as far as i can even though im still at range and will still be frozen, atleast frost wont use melee against me, he'll just shoot me in that range and then do the same thing again after being frozen, it took 4-5 tries i think, after i managed to get the mods that i need. Take note: im still a noob at this game i got my switch lite like less than 2 weeks ago and started playing warframe. I do enjoy it, i cant say it's a pay2win game it's more like pay to save time. Hope this helps the future readers of this thread.

Do you not have a gun to use? Why did you not go for headshots from behind the shield?

17 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Do you not have a gun to use? Why did you not go for headshots from behind the shield?

Unfortunately I chose Bow as my main weapon because i like stealth, and when i encounter missions that has endless feature like waves, excavating (digging components) and so on (if i miss anything), i realized bow is a bad choice for main weapon specially when i started doing the mars junction (so much for being hawkeye of warframe😂) , so i got my self a bolton and the braton or barton  (i forgot the name of that gun) i tried leveling it up but its taking so long, plus I tried doing that strat, hide behind the shield and keeping my distance while shooting frost but im barely reducing his armor, even if his shield is gone after some time, by the time i reload my gun, his armor is full again, it feels like he is just waiting for me to empty my gun. I tried melee and somehow its working for me, so i leveled it up a bit by doing defense missions and equipped the mods that i think will make it work and after that surprisingly it became easy for me to defeat him.

Edited by (NSW)-VoN-