Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Saryn the Destroyer

Just now, moostar95 said:

This is why when I go and level up weapons and gear in eso and see a saryn. I camp and leech as mag. spamming three while watching the exp comes in. They make me their spawner. I make them my free exp booster. Until de fixes the state of dmg in warframe. This is how I play with nukes now.

I guess you have a more mature way of dealing with those sorts of players. Me, I'd just leave the mission, block them (it's to help me identify who the cheeser is if I wind up with them again since there's no matchmaking blacklist) and raise a stink on the forums about horrible game balance. 😛

Know what I'd like to see? Orb Vallis ingame matchmaking applied to the rest of the game. If you're the host and select "solo", you boot everyone out of the team which you can freely switch back to public. If you're the client and select solo, you just leave and host a session of your own which you can then switch to public matchmaking. Saryn player joins my session? Go solo and then back to public to reset the team. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

6 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I guess you have a more mature way of dealing with those sorts of players. Me, I'd just leave the mission, block them (it's to help me identify who the cheeser is if I wind up with them again since there's no matchmaking blacklist) and raise a stink on the forums about horrible game balance. 😛

Know what I'd like to see? Orb Vallis ingame matchmaking applied to the rest of the game. If you're the host and select "solo", you boot everyone out of the team which you can freely switch back to public. If you're the client and select solo, you just leave and host a session of your own which you can then switch to public matchmaking. Saryn player joins my session? Go solo and then back to public to reset the team. Problem solved, everyone is happy.

Saryns make for free exp boosters. Don't skip out on that. Why play the game when others can for me. The quicker its done. The more I can get back to playing with my hildryn. 

12 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Saryns make for free exp boosters. Don't skip out on that. Why play the game when others can for me. The quicker its done. The more I can get back to playing with my hildryn. 

Then we go back to the original argument: Some people, such as myself, don't play this game to have other people play it for me. If there's one thing I despise more than press-4-to-win and spin2win abusers, it's people leeching and not contributing anything to the team or the mission. This is especially true in sorties, where there's much less room for failure without causing the whole mission to flop. Unfortunately, given how easy this game is where one person in the team can trivialize missions, that behavior encourages leeching. I mean, why bother doing anything when you know someone else can just do it for you, right? 😛

Thankfully, leeching isn't as much of a problem compared to abusing nukes because if I recall correctly, it's a reportable offense so you don't see very many of them.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Then we go back to the original argument: Some people, such as myself, don't play this game to have other people play it for me. If there's one thing I despise more than press-4-to-win and spin2win abusers, it's people leeching and not contributing anything to the team or the mission. This is especially true in sorties, where there's much less room for failure without causing the whole mission to flop. Unfortunately, given how easy this game is where one person in the team can trivialize missions, that behavior encourages leeching. I mean, why bother doing anything when you know someone else can just do it for you, right? 😛

Thankfully, leeching isn't as much of a problem compared to abusing nukes because if I recall correctly, it's a reportable offense so you don't see very many of them.

Its worth the risk because nukers and de don't give a damn about warframe variation. It's nice bending the rules of the game to my favor.

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The problem here is not everyone plays support, and even then, they don't want to have their game trivialized by having one player spamming 4 and do all the work for them. 

Saryn won't be doing just that when difficulty ramps up. She won't be doing it in Sortie3. She will be, well, hopefully will be, using all her kit to enable the team to get through S3 with as little drama as possible. 

Now people who bring mass kill 'frames to trivial missions are another issue and one you simply can't really address. It's going to happen. Heck, it happens every GotL. One would hope the parties involved would bring gun platforms to those sorts of missions just because it is more fun for all involved, but lets not pretend there's any difficulty there. Basically, it comes down to not being That Guy. 

16 hours ago, Hecking_Birb said:

that hill I will die on.

Most likely, as I don't see any changes coming to Saryn in the foreseeable future. I also don't see any problem with Saryn at all - she makes sure that stuff dies. Just like a Limbo can make sure stuff stays alive.

If a Limbo protecting an excavator is also spoiling your fun, you at least have a consistent opinion. But of course this is just about the damage done at the end of the mission, isn't it? So the solution to the issue is a simple one: Don't display damage done at the end of the mission. Ignorance is bliss.

9 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Most likely, as I don't see any changes coming to Saryn in the foreseeable future. I also don't see any problem with Saryn at all - she makes sure that stuff dies. Just like a Limbo can make sure stuff stays alive.

If a Limbo protecting an excavator is also spoiling your fun, you at least have a consistent opinion. But of course this is just about the damage done at the end of the mission, isn't it? So the solution to the issue is a simple one: Don't display damage done at the end of the mission. Ignorance is bliss.

Yep, I sit and camp for xp when saryn is ingame on hydron or eso. A warframe that hardly has any downsides and nuke rooms. Doesn't need my #*!%ing help. 

Edited by moostar95
20 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Lemme know when Wukong can kill everything 50m+ away, through walls, with just one cast.

Looks like someone forgot the good ol glaive Wukong Days where you kill everything ... even yourself.

I get it, it got nerfed, but it was even better than Saryn when it existed. Saryn takes like 100x the effort to use compared to that.

26 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Looks like someone forgot the good ol glaive Wukong Days where you kill everything ... even yourself.

I get it, it got nerfed, but it was even better than Saryn when it existed. Saryn takes like 100x the effort to use compared to that.

It's funny when de takes away fun and player creativity. That Trinity nuke was awesome. They got rid of that and nerf ember in the process. But leave saryn in the state she is because reasons. De has no clue what game balance is. 

Edited by moostar95
38 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

It's funny when de takes away fun and player creativity. That Trinity nuke was awesome. They got rid of that and nerf ember in the process. But leave saryn in the state she is because reasons. De has no clue what game balance is. 

It's specially worse when the "pls give power creep" part of the community seems to have such an influence on their decisions. Either that, or DE just really doesn't like the part actually concerned about Warframe not being entirely brainless.

1 hour ago, Basalto said:

It's specially worse when the "pls give power creep" part of the community seems to have such an influence on their decisions. Either that, or DE just really doesn't like the part actually concerned about Warframe not being entirely brainless.

It's so agonizing

Edited by moostar95
13 hours ago, (PS4)Neo7590 said:

maybe its my ignorance but could anyone tell me why sayrn is considered amazing please

Her damage abilities have good range, do not require line of sight, and are effective at all levels.

Still, there are many amazing Warframes. Everything with invisibility is amazing, Nova is incredible, Mesa kills really fast, Equinox empties the whole map, Limbo is untouchable, Nekros is king of survival and farming, Nidus is a walking garbage compactor, Inaros is immortal, Chroma makes bosses trivial.

Why do people complain about Saryn? Her forte is damage over time, and people don't seem to like when someone deals more damage than they do.

If you wanted to change Saryn's focus from damage over time to combat I'd be fine with that. For example; Spores heal Saryn instead of dealing damage, in return Toxic Lash restores energy for each spore destroyed, and Molt grants a fading damage reduction buff.