Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn the Destroyer

Hecking_Birb

12 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

Saryns make for free exp boosters. Don't skip out on that. Why play the game when others can for me. The quicker its done. The more I can get back to playing with my hildryn. 

Then we go back to the original argument: Some people, such as myself, don't play this game to have other people play it for me. If there's one thing I despise more than press-4-to-win and spin2win abusers, it's people leeching and not contributing anything to the team or the mission. This is especially true in sorties, where there's much less room for failure without causing the whole mission to flop. Unfortunately, given how easy this game is where one person in the team can trivialize missions, that behavior encourages leeching. I mean, why bother doing anything when you know someone else can just do it for you, right? 😛

Thankfully, leeching isn't as much of a problem compared to abusing nukes because if I recall correctly, it's a reportable offense so you don't see very many of them.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The problem here is not everyone plays support, and even then, they don't want to have their game trivialized by having one player spamming 4 and do all the work for them. 

Saryn won't be doing just that when difficulty ramps up. She won't be doing it in Sortie3. She will be, well, hopefully will be, using all her kit to enable the team to get through S3 with as little drama as possible. 

Now people who bring mass kill 'frames to trivial missions are another issue and one you simply can't really address. It's going to happen. Heck, it happens every GotL. One would hope the parties involved would bring gun platforms to those sorts of missions just because it is more fun for all involved, but lets not pretend there's any difficulty there. Basically, it comes down to not being That Guy. 

16 hours ago, Hecking_Birb said:

that hill I will die on.

Most likely, as I don't see any changes coming to Saryn in the foreseeable future. I also don't see any problem with Saryn at all - she makes sure that stuff dies. Just like a Limbo can make sure stuff stays alive.

If a Limbo protecting an excavator is also spoiling your fun, you at least have a consistent opinion. But of course this is just about the damage done at the end of the mission, isn't it? So the solution to the issue is a simple one: Don't display damage done at the end of the mission. Ignorance is bliss.

20 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Lemme know when Wukong can kill everything 50m+ away, through walls, with just one cast.

Looks like someone forgot the good ol glaive Wukong Days where you kill everything ... even yourself.

I get it, it got nerfed, but it was even better than Saryn when it existed. Saryn takes like 100x the effort to use compared to that.

38 minutes ago, moostar95 said:

It's funny when de takes away fun and player creativity. That Trinity nuke was awesome. They got rid of that and nerf ember in the process. But leave saryn in the state she is because reasons. De has no clue what game balance is. 

It's specially worse when the "pls give power creep" part of the community seems to have such an influence on their decisions. Either that, or DE just really doesn't like the part actually concerned about Warframe not being entirely brainless.

Still, there are many amazing Warframes. Everything with invisibility is amazing, Nova is incredible, Mesa kills really fast, Equinox empties the whole map, Limbo is untouchable, Nekros is king of survival and farming, Nidus is a walking garbage compactor, Inaros is immortal, Chroma makes bosses trivial.

Why do people complain about Saryn? Her forte is damage over time, and people don't seem to like when someone deals more damage than they do.

If you wanted to change Saryn's focus from damage over time to combat I'd be fine with that. For example; Spores heal Saryn instead of dealing damage, in return Toxic Lash restores energy for each spore destroyed, and Molt grants a fading damage reduction buff.