Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wolf howl 26th nightwave reward has no sound

(PSN)KresTias

Ah, I knew it wasn't worth it, sorry to had to suffer disappointment OP, but all Nightwave rewards are a disappointment if I'm honest. A better way of doing this will just allow us to buy the parts we want, each time we rank up.

But to be honest on this topic of soundless emotes, many of the "Stances" that clearly are required to have sound, don't have them. As they are seen in videos and Warframe Profiles. Umbra: His Howl. Nidus: His Roar. etc.

Why?: Ask DE.

Il y a 2 heures, Xzorn a dit :

I kidna figured it wouldn't have a sound effect.

Could you imagine players spamming it in Relays or missions? Too much troll value.

That's a legitimate concern.

However, there could be a slider in the Sound Options for Emote Sounds. Cooldowns.

Trolls are not a majority, and the Devs shouldn't waive epic features from the players just because of a few malicious ones. Limitations from above should restrain those people from annoying those who would mind.

It'd be worth it, I can imagine epic moments: a group of friend gathering and howling together. Imagine if in the future we get a Lion/Bear adversary, and could roar when going into a big battle, or after defeating a tough enemy? 😎

Edited by Yaerion
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Yaerion said:

That's a legitimate concern.

However, there could be a slider in the Sound Options for Emote Sounds. Cooldowns.

Trolls are not a majority, and the Devs shouldn't waive epic features from the players just because of a few malicious ones. Limitations from above should restrain those people from annoying those who would mind.

It'd be worth it, I can imagine epic moments: a group of friend gathering and howling together. Imagine if in the future we get a Lion/Bear adversary, and could roar when going into a big battle, or after defeating a tough enemy? 😎

The idea of it making sound doesn't bother me a bit. I wish it did but wasn't surprised it didn't.

I can imagine the next Prime Time they visit a relay and all you can hear is howling. The thought alone makes me smile.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Lol, and now tell me that the energize is a rank 0 one instead of rank 3, so that I feel like my time is even more wasted..

T-T

I don't know, but I certainly don't expect a level 3

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xzorn said:

I kidna figured it wouldn't have a sound effect.

Could you imagine players spamming it in Relays or missions? Too much troll value.

Hum... can't everyone already spam the echo-lures sounds in normal missions? I don't know if other can hear your echos though.
Anyway, I'm sure a emote with sound would not hurt.

• Like 2

On 2019-03-31 at 12:58 PM, Yaerion said:

For a single free cosmetic? No there can't be.

Maybe they'll make more emotes in the same vein and then it would make sense to add sounds to them and then have a slider for them.

Il y a 23 heures, peterc3 a dit :

For a single free cosmetic? No there can't be.

Maybe they'll make more emotes in the same vein and then it would make sense to add sounds to them and then have a slider for them.

That's what I meant. 😉 This slider would open the door to many cool emotes with sound.

• Like 2

It's aesthetic..  If you've read Stalkers backstory, it literally takes every ounce of him to pull out a whisper. It's as if he's yelling hysterically to him. 

That being said Umbra Excalibur must   essentially be screaming as if he is about to die. 

I'm not entirely sure if we should get a howl sound as cool as it is. 

On 2019-03-31 at 3:41 PM, (PS4)jaegerbombtastic said:

So it’s badically like Umbra’s Howl lol?

Weaker sound and animation wise especially if you pull the camera to look down and then you howl... downward... at the ground...

7 hours ago, Arlayn said:

Weaker sound and animation wise especially if you pull the camera to look down and then you howl... downward... at the ground...

Yeah, I finally saw 😞.

Hoping they fix that, alongside the wolf slaute as well. Don’t like my Valkyr being all.. stiff like.

Even the emote icon has two bolts coming out of the excal's face signifying that something coming out.

and on top of that, the anniversary promo features a regular excalibur, dressed in dex skin, howling with umbra sound.

On 2019-03-31 at 4:51 PM, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Lol, and now tell me that the energize is a rank 0 one instead of rank 3, so that I feel like my time is even more wasted..

T-T

It is a rare reward coming from an endgame activity so of course the one you get for free is going to be R0. Why would they give everyone who got the to rank 26 (Which was and will be easy for anyone willing to put in a little effort) A maxed arcane energize for such menial tasks? This should like Entitlement to the ninth degree!

Yeah....Sound would be nice.

I know that Warframes do not produce sounds, and all existing ones are just energy vent/throttle noises....   

But cant we use a "moo box" to add sounds to emote?  I mean....level of ingame technology totally allows it. 

Edit:

Actually, it would be awesome if every warframe could produce certain noises with its own element/energy sounds..... 

Like....Imagine if Volt used Tesla / spark sounds to accompany certain actions..... Like "short circuit SFX" when getting hit real bad instead of "ouch".

Edited by Kainosh
Hmmmmm

On 2019-04-04 at 1:47 PM, Kainosh said:

I know that Warframes do not produce sounds, and all existing ones are just energy vent/throttle noises....   

But cant we use a "moo box" to add sounds to emote?  I mean....level of ingame technology totally allows it. 

Excalibur Umbra howls in agony while casting his second (not mentioning howling in the cutscenes aswel)

Valkyr roars

Nidus... screeches?

Baruuk says "CoocooToo" while casting his circle thingy